Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-01-2024, 07:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Fire is used by Jesus in the bible to denote a terrible fate for sinners and sin.

When there's a negative there has to be a positive.... Symbolically it is destructive and also purifying.
Throughout the Bible fire is often used to depict Divine manifestations, God’s presence and power, and also as a purifying agent for 'spiritual transformation'....
Old 11-01-2024, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Sparks don't exist long.

What about ' Sparks of the Divine ', the portion of God that resides within each human being ?
Old 11-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
What about ' Sparks of the Divine ', the portion of God that resides within each human being ?

I've been through four big forest fires so just hard for me to use a metaphor of fire for God. But then I don't see God as violent either, using fire for this or that "divine" thing. I don't see God as a destroyer or hot etc. Hmmm not powerful in a violent way. I think something like an air metaphor maybe would fit me better. Peaceful. Well not tornados or hurricanes lol. I picture God as divine light and sound. A supreme vibration. I think water to me is as bad as fire. It's too physical. Like a fire requires fuel, wood etc. Water is typically not pure. Fire makes deadly smoke. In my house wet things (water infused) turn into mold and mildew.

It could be I picture God as energy, aware conscious energy. So not having any physical aspects at all. Physical things have limits and life spans. They are always decaying or ending or in the process of ending. God would never end or decay. God would not be dependent on something for it's existence like fire is. Of water, air, and fire, fire is the most dangerous. Water maybe next, then air. Pure drinking water is safe and pure breathable air. But yea tornado's and floods etc dangerous.

I've used the metaphor before of "atoms" of conscious awareness like how you use "sparks" of a fire. One could just say God or the source is a collective whole of all of the energy particles of conscious awareness that exist.
Old 11-01-2024, 08:30 AM
Master

Oh I was thinking "sparks of the divine" to describe a (energy based) soul totally identifying with the physical body and mind in a physical world may be too lofty. While "I" as soul out of the physical body and physical plane of existence may be or may not be close to that, me as a soul manifesting and projecting physicality yea, I don't think I am projecting the divine much or receiving divine either. The human content I am exposed to internally and externally every day is not divine at all to me. I would say the divine is here, within and without, tuning into it is the question. At brief times in some small way perhaps I manifest aspects of the divine and in some small way perceive the divine at times.

I think all speculations of what I am can't be conceptual or imagined. They should be what I actually am in the moment, wholly am. Am I divine in my thoughts, actions, and desires? I'm afraid I am wholly human and all that comes with that.
Old 11-01-2024, 11:09 AM
Knower
Quote:
I've been through four big forest fires so just hard for me to use a metaphor of fire for God.

I am sorry to hear this..It can be very traumatic and scary...

Peace
Old 11-01-2024, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
You could say God is the 'cause' and we 'individuals' are the 'effect'. Individuality in oneness
Just my own personal opinion and insight....

An with "cause and effect", one should be able to 'find' the cause which made the effect we call God. Those who study "cause and effect" claim that can't be done.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-01-2024, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
An with "cause and effect", one should be able to 'find' the cause which made the effect we call God. Those who study "cause and effect" claim that can't be done.

Aseity.....
Old 12-01-2024, 04:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Aseity.....

At least we are in agreement on this......

Aseity is not part of "cause and effect".

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-01-2024, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
At least we are in agreement on this......

Aseity is not part of "cause and effect".

God is the uncaused 'Cause' the uncreated 'Creator' . He is the source of all things 'effects'..... Imo only.

I'll leave it that
Old 12-01-2024, 04:40 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Fire is used by Jesus in the bible to denote a terrible fate for sinners and sin.

Matthew 5:22 - And whosoever shall say, Thou Fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Maisy,

Yes there is hell fire…but it would be remiss to not mention the refiner’s fire that the Bible speaks of. It is the fire of purification that results in producing something of great value….the Bible using silver and gold as the result. Malachi 3:2-3 provides a good example of this metaphor….