Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Master
Thanks for the tips tealily and Pisces Moon! I haven't been game to actually do a reading for somebody. This forum is the first time I've tackled it, and I'm learning heaps.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Master

Clarifying cards! Love. Well, when I'm centred enough to ask specifically for clarification rather than just pulling an additional card. It seems my cards want me to be polite

next reading for tealily
Old 12-08-2015, 09:56 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Thanks for the tips tealily and Pisces Moon! I haven't been game to actually do a reading for somebody. This forum is the first time I've tackled it, and I'm learning heaps.

You're welcome.
Everybody reads using different methods, and combinations of methods. I enjoy face to face readings, as you can ask the person to expand on their situation, and get an immediate response. However it took me ages to feel confident enough to do it. But even online you can ask for more context to the question. Some people, are vague as they don't really understand how tarot readings work, or are purposely evasive, these are the ones who are the hard to please.
I'm not a 'predictive' reader, I prefer to look at underlying issues, problem solving, and personality traits that can be utilised (or in some cases need to be supressed) to help move through a situation positively.
Although if something comes up that is predictive, I do throw it in the mix.

If you do decide to read for others, be clear with what your beliefs about tarot are and an outline of your reading method ie predictive, problem solving, cause and effect, so the other person understands. And the more information the querant gives, the more you can tailor the reading into the correct context.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:21 AM
55Degrees

Reading for tealily.
"How can I make the most of this venus retrograde period?" (it's an astrological event spanning from a few weeks ago to Sep 6 - it's usually not meant to be a great time for love but like all retrograde periods, is probably a good time for reflection, re-visiting, re-vamping, re-jigging, and all other kinds of positive improvement etc)

Legacy of the Divine
X The Wheel, 5 of Wands, Queen of Swords
I'm not up to speed with astrologyknowledge however.......

At first glance it looks like you will just have to go with it the, but because of the other cards drawn Im thinking the cards are saying, it's time to start making positive changes. In my head, my inner voice keeps saying, 'be authentic!'
As you said
Quote:
probably a good time for reflection, re-visiting, re-vamping, re-jigging, and all other kinds of positive improvement etc)
This retrograde period appears it is time to start dealing with those people who drain you energetically, the problem starters, the argumentative, difficult people around you. Its also about the things in your life that aren't working for you, the issues that conflict with your energy and goals. Start removing them to bring positive change, heightening your energy and allowing you to focus on what you want to focus on. Work through any inner conflicts too.
Start being truly honest with yourself,and others, even if it means re-strategising your goals. Speak up for yourself and stand your ground on issues. Let people around you know who you are, not who they think you are. And take strength in the power of being true to yourself, don't let others shout you down.

So it looks like after having had a physical clear out, you need to use this time for an internal clear out too, especially in the area of the things that are a drain on your mental energies.

ETA forgot to post my question.

Next reading for Pisces Moon, how will my small business venture fare in the short term (next month-6 weeks)
Old 12-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
You're welcome.
Everybody reads using different methods, and combinations of methods. I enjoy face to face readings, as you can ask the person to expand on their situation, and get an immediate response. However it took me ages to feel confident enough to do it. But even online you can ask for more context to the question. Some people, are vague as they don't really understand how tarot readings work, or are purposely evasive, these are the ones who are the hard to please.
I'm not a 'predictive' reader, I prefer to look at underlying issues, problem solving, and personality traits that can be utilised (or in some cases need to be supressed) to help move through a situation positively.
Although if something comes up that is predictive, I do throw it in the mix.

If you do decide to read for others, be clear with what your beliefs about tarot are and an outline of your reading method ie predictive, problem solving, cause and effect, so the other person understands. And the more information the querant gives, the more you can tailor the reading into the correct context.

Great advice, thanks. Can you suggest a spread I can use, other than just three cards with no positions? I don't want to get into anything with too many cards like the Celtic Cross just yet, but want to try positional meanings and see how I fare. There are so many different spreads, I wouldn't know one from the other that would be good for someone at my stage.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:40 AM
55Degrees

This one is one of my favourites it's 5 cards but broken down into short answer (1 card) detailed answer (includes the next 3 cards) and then all 5 so you can build it up to a clear, detailed reading
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFXxQ6fD-E

Ooh and the horseshoe spread (7 cards)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVr_zTKrvM
Old 12-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Guide
I will read on your question Pisces :)
Old 12-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Reading for tealily.
"How can I make the most of this venus retrograde period?" (it's an astrological event spanning from a few weeks ago to Sep 6 - it's usually not meant to be a great time for love but like all retrograde periods, is probably a good time for reflection, re-visiting, re-vamping, re-jigging, and all other kinds of positive improvement etc)

Legacy of the Divine
X The Wheel, 5 of Wands, Queen of Swords
I'm not up to speed with astrologyknowledge however.......

At first glance it looks like you will just have to go with it the, but because of the other cards drawn Im thinking the cards are saying, it's time to start making positive changes. In my head, my inner voice keeps saying, 'be authentic!'
As you said

This retrograde period appears it is time to start dealing with those people who drain you energetically, the problem starters, the argumentative, difficult people around you. Its also about the things in your life that aren't working for you, the issues that conflict with your energy and goals. Start removing them to bring positive change, heightening your energy and allowing you to focus on what you want to focus on. Work through any inner conflicts too.
Start being truly honest with yourself,and others, even if it means re-strategising your goals. Speak up for yourself and stand your ground on issues. Let people around you know who you are, not who they think you are. And take strength in the power of being true to yourself, don't let others shout you down.

So it looks like after having had a physical clear out, you need to use this time for an internal clear out too, especially in the area of the things that are a drain on your mental energies.

ETA forgot to post my question.

Next reading for Pisces Moon, how will my small business venture fare in the short term (next month-6 weeks)

Reading for Pisces Moon:

It looks like your bussiness Venture will start off slowly, meaning it wont make a huge boom right away which is to be expected :p it will start safe, slow and grow in its success. I think as time moves past you will find your bussiness becomes better and better. You will start your bussiness on very strong,solid grounds, and it will be small but reliable, feasable and very much something to be leaned on work wise, like a house made out of bricks instead of something else :P so you wont experience the huge boom like what shooting star eterprenuers experience early on in their lifes where their busssiness just goes off and then dissapears your bussiness will be on solid grounds, so in the first months you can expect quite the solid foundation for your bussiness,and later as it evolves more and more it grow into something eabutifu and even something much more lasting,and you will be respected and sought after it :)

ace of pentacles Sun 10 of pentacles
Old 12-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Master

Pandora - my go-to spreads are typically the three-card "Situation, What you need to know, Advice" (that's the one I've used most often in this thread), or the four-card "Situation, Challenge, Advice, Likely Outcome". Boldwiseone was using this spread earlier too :)

I like these two because they give me a quick but solid snapshot of what I need to know, coupled with advice I can give to the querent :)

Feedback for Pisces: Sounds good, thanks! Will have to think a bit about who it is I'm cutting out - all I can think of right now are unworthy boys (and they DID get cut out around the time venus retrograde started, so if that's who you're referring to we are all G on that front yay) and non-strategic unproductive time in relation to me and my studies

General read for Ressurection

I asked my cards "What would ressurection's guides like her to know?" but as I was pulling the cards, it suddenly felt like they needed you to know something. This suggests to me that they've been trying to nudge you down a particular path of spiritual growth but you may have been ignoring the messages - and they don't like being ignored!

The actual read

Looks like you're going through a major period of spiritual growth right now (The Tower). This feels like a BOOM and has probably shaken your life up in all sorts of ways, but you need to see it as an act of love because our spiritual guides like us to be pretty independent - they only step in to intervene directly when they feel they really need to (and now is one of those times).

So, the good news is that your guides love you enough to have literally shot a cannonball's worth of cosmic energy at you to help you get back on track. Of course, the bad news is that it's all coming at you pretty quickly (8 of Wands) and no-one likes things they've built up to be blasted to smithereens :/

This is what you need to do: Take the spiritual lesson for what it is and shoulder this lesson (10 of Wands). Expect it to be a challenging and long slog - remember, for your guides to have intervened directly you must have been pretty off-course - but ultimately rewarding. You may go through a period of emotional reactivity for a while (eg "why me? This isn't fair"/"this is too hard") but when you are ready, it may be useful for you to reflect back on why things needed to be shaken up so you could become better. As mentioned above this lesson could take a while, so if you feel like it's something you tried to fix on your own but couldn't (and big nudges like this don't come completely out of the blue - you would have gotten several warning nudges previously), then don't be afraid to get professional help to make sure you clear this hurdle and get it done with, rather than sticking around for BOOM volume 2.

On a side note - there may be some repressed emotions popping up at some stage - may be a good idea to get professional help to deal with that as you'll have enough on your plate :)

Quint card: The World. This card is all about mastery, completion... and growing up :) (ie, what it really means to mature) This is a lesson worth getting under your belt as when it's done, you'll look back and see how much you needed it to complete you.

Next reading for tealily. Your pick of:
a) So apparently I'm in my first saturn return at the moment! This is meant to be a very challenging time - "what's the best way for me to navigate through my saturn return?"
b) select some cards to describe how my day went today
c) guess whether I have one, two or three windows in my room

:)

Last edited by tealily : 12-08-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:10 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSsurection
Reading for Pisces Moon:

It looks like your bussiness Venture will start off slowly, meaning it wont make a huge boom right away which is to be expected :p it will start safe, slow and grow in its success. I think as time moves past you will find your bussiness becomes better and better. You will start your bussiness on very strong,solid grounds, and it will be small but reliable, feasable and very much something to be leaned on work wise, like a house made out of bricks instead of something else :P so you wont experience the huge boom like what shooting star eterprenuers experience early on in their lifes where their busssiness just goes off and then dissapears your bussiness will be on solid grounds, so in the first months you can expect quite the solid foundation for your bussiness,and later as it evolves more and more it grow into something eabutifu and even something much more lasting,and you will be respected and sought after it :)

ace of pentacles Sun 10 of pentacles

Thanks ResSurection, it sounds very positive. I'll update you when I can
Closed Thread