Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Ive spent time with a lot of people heavily into the 2012 thing and obviously there is a lot of attachment happening there. But equally I think its really quite possible that there is a shift happening, and that being closed to that possibility is not helpful.

Agreed. Plus if it's happening now, you certainly don't have to wait for 2012
Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Agreed. Plus if it's happening now, you certainly don't have to wait for 2012

yep :) .
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
It's not really so that there are many un-realized, it's assumed from one's own perception of self projected upon the many.
It's believed that in each body exist something called the 'I' that is either realized or un-realized.
What is being pointed out is that there is no 'I', that all there is is the so-called realized state of being.

Hi Elijah

I do understand and agree with the “I” scenario...

Do you agree that there Is an essence of Individuality happening whether It be an Illusion or not.

If the Individual known seemingly as Elijah was to post a question on the forums ‘What Is God” for example and a 1000 Individuals replied, It Is possible that you may have 1000 different responses.

What energy lies within the different responses - how can that come about?

Why does Elijah post differently from andy g or 7L or Hybrid?

x daz x
Old 09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Master
God-like...Elijah will have his own answer.

When I was first meditating on the emptiness, and having my first experience of that...afterwards I had some meditation with some senior Tibetan monks.

They specifically asked me what I took from it.
I said that I understood when Buddha said "realise the emptiness but do not dwell there". Keep in touch with the one as well as the One.
I said that Nirvana is bliss and emptiness is ultimate peace. But that neither are the end goal or highest purpose for our existence. It's a matter of perspective. IMO the goal is not to lose ourselves (as an antidote to fragmentation) but to find ourselves...as one in the One...not just as One.
I felt a clear calling to service, to healing, to being in the world but not of the world.

For me, that's the antidote to fragmentation. Service and healing. Both of which are really just love and connection. Because as you've said on one of these threads, as we heal each other, we are healed. In giving, we receive.

So after all that stuff, then everything else happened. LOL...
Peace & blessings,
7L
Old 10-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries [COLOR=Sienna
but to find ourselves...as one in the One...not just as One[/color].

Try saying that quickly, over and over and over - bet you can't

I like that 7.

I had a distant friend visit a monastery for a retreat. She spent £1000 so she could be locked in a room for 72hrs with no-thing to do other than to look at herself. The meals were basic and pushed through a slit In the door.

It kinda worked for her tho.. But the stress of the traveling from the monastery to the airport, from the airport to where she lived undid all of that...

Do you wanna share anything else with your tibetan monk experience?

x daz x
Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Try saying that quickly, over and over and over - bet you can't

I like that 7.

I had a distant friend visit a monastery for a retreat. She spent £1000 so she could be locked in a room for 72hrs with no-thing to do other than to look at herself. The meals were basic and pushed through a slit In the door.

It kinda worked for her tho.. But the stress of the traveling from the monastery to the airport, from the airport to where she lived undid all of that...

Do you wanna share anything else with your tibetan monk experience?

x daz x

LOL...sounds like your friend was in solitary confinement...but then again it worked for Evey in V for Vendetta...and LOL @stress of travelling...

I didn't travel as your friend did. I had many meditative experiences with the monks, often kind of "out there". Directed group healing, directed earth healing, bearing of diamond lotus to within and outside of Tibet to other native cultures, ET mediation and communication (in part due to lacking "fear factor").

With healing, I was working often but not always with Tibetans..sometimes other monks as well. Seems there are not many women doing this work btw, although there are buddhist nuns. And the monks have been witnesses to a few [not all!] very personal moments involving healing.
Now I work with my partner more as he is a peer of theirs in many ways and well known for his healing abilities. But we can always do group work.
What in particular interests you?

Re: feeling fragmented, I thought of the experience I mentioned earlier. Of course healing is always a good antidote to feeling fragmented.
But it's good to know that we aren't expected to dwell in the emptiness...that for us, as humans, the emptiness isn't really empty ;) That we can find peace and meaning..stillness and clarity..in communion, connection, and in the divine love within and between us.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Last edited by 7luminaries : 10-11-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Keep in touch with the one as well as the One.
I said that Nirvana is bliss and emptiness is ultimate peace.
But that neither are the end goal or highest purpose for our existence.
Nirvana/emptiness aren't states to be attained.
Neither terms point to an end goal/purpose, that would imply that something is not already as such.
Nirvana is simply the recognition of that which is already and has always been utterly complete.
It's not an attainment/goal/purpose because it's already the case.. it's already your natural/true state of being.
Existence has no need for an end goal/purpose, it's only the mind thinking it is apart or other than existence itself that creates such notions.
Quote:
IMO the goal is not to lose ourselves (as an antidote to fragmentation)
..but to find ourselves... as one in the One...not just as One.
Not just as One? How to imagine that finding our self as One would not include the one?
You just cannot find yourself as that one (character) because there is nothing separate there to the One..

"This [helping people] is mere imagination. In truth you do not help others, because there are no others." (Nisargadatta)
Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Master
Elijah...I don't really disagree with anything you've said. You are just putting the concepts in terms you understand and resonate with (to use Andrew's term) :)

Since you already understand, you wonder why I mention the seemingly obvious. LOL...the reason is that for some on the forums, it's not so obvious...and the Not just as One? discussion was a reference to that.

For example...
What Nisargadatta said wasn't just intended to help ppl realise they are One...but that's as far as many get from it...the "ahh...I have penetrated the illusion of separation...and now I see we are all One".

It also implies service at the highest level of enlightened self interest...and then beyond...you help others in order to help yourself, and finally, in the end, you see you are just helping you...as another one in the the One...

If it's obvious to you, then you already get it...if not, then hopefully the discussion may be of some use, LOL...
Peace
7L
Old 10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Elijah...I don't really disagree with anything you've said. You are just putting the concepts in terms you understand and resonate with (to use Andrew's term) :)

Since you already understand, you wonder why I mention the seemingly obvious. LOL...the reason is that for some on the forums, it's not so obvious...and the Not just as One? discussion was a reference to that.

For example...
What Nisargadatta said wasn't just intended to help ppl realise they are One...but that's as far as many get from it...the "ahh...I have penetrated the illusion of separation...and now I see we are all One".

It also implies service at the highest level of enlightened self interest...and then beyond...you help others in order to help yourself, and finally, in the end, you see you are just helping you...as another one in the the One...

If it's obvious to you, then you already get it...if not, then hopefully the discussion may be of some use, LOL...
Peace
7L
Yes, that's clear to me.. but the idea of finding one's self as one in the One is a distraction as far as I'm conerned.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Master
Now it may be that. And at some point, it may seem like just the thing...
It's all what is meaningful for you on your path as you go.

Cheers
7L