Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Yeah that post wasn't aimed at you, there's a particular door that is already opened and some people think they need a password and there are many passwords to this door that's already opened. It all depends on the spiritual gifts you naturally ha8ve. When that door is opened a particular voice is freed so that's how others will know that that door is opened. I hear this voice in other people even if they don't realise they have it. Which makes me wonder why you asked about a password unless it was for educational purposes for others to know. It wasn't too long ago I use to say that self determination is what turns the key to unlock the door to our freedom, I could now call that a password. The lock is confusion which is how we know that the door is still closed in other people. I already hear that Voice in your words you use. I'm of the people that if I see a person expressing his closed door antics I will sometimes bring confusion to counter their confusion and again this isn't aimed at you. The more that Voice is expressed through those that have their door open the better it is for other open doorsters to share and learn from each other. Ofc its just my opinion

Go beyond the open door.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Knower

Gnostic means Knowledge. In Thomas it is written. Have nothing to do with those who call themselves knowledge they have fallen away from the faith. They are not apart of us
Old 01-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadGirl
Gnostic means Knowledge. In Thomas it is written. Have nothing to do with those who call themselves knowledge they have fallen away from the faith. They are not apart of us

Where does it say this please ????
Old 02-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Go beyond the open door.
Into your realm? I left that realm of delusions a long long time ago but you stay there you're obviously at the wrong door.bwahahaha
Old 02-09-2017, 12:18 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Not self, not ' not a self '
Ego is the self.. It creates a sense of self but when you delve into this self that ego creates you will see nothing exist independently therefore there is not self.
Back to your circular reasoning if there is no self why do we get your ego filled posts of delusions. Ironic?
Old 02-09-2017, 03:30 AM
Knower

Scripture 1 Timothy 6:20 - 6:1 Goes into guarding what has been taught and those who say to have knowledge fell away from the faith. These scriptures discredit the Gnostic gospels
Old 02-09-2017, 11:09 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Not self, not ' not a self '
Ego is the self.. It creates a sense of self but when you delve into this self that ego creates you will see nothing exist independently therefore there is not self.
Who delves into the ego self?
Who sees there is not a self?
Does the premise that nothing exists independently necessarily imply there is not self?
Is the opposite of a truth necessarily a falsehood?
Old 02-09-2017, 11:15 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Go beyond the open door.

Who should go beyond the open door?
Old 02-09-2017, 12:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Yeah that post wasn't aimed at you, there's a particular door that is already opened and some people think they need a password and there are many passwords to this door that's already opened. It all depends on the spiritual gifts you naturally have. When that door is opened a particular voice is freed so that's how others will know that that door is opened. I hear this voice in other people even if they don't realise they have it. Which makes me wonder why you asked about a password unless it was for educational purposes for others to know. It wasn't too long ago I use to say that self determination is what turns the key to unlock the door to our freedom, I could now call that a password. The lock is confusion which is how we know that the door is still closed in other people. I already hear that Voice in your words you use. I'm of the people that if I see a person expressing his closed door antics I will sometimes bring confusion to counter their confusion and again this isn't aimed at you. The more that Voice is expressed through those that have their door open the better it is for other open doorsters to share and learn from each other. Ofc its just my opinion

Yeah, I know it was not aimed at me, but I liked the dodgeball metaphor so I chimed in. I have played dodgeball with many opponents over the years. The ego, the self, Maya, space, time, awareness, God, probably others I cannot think of now. Each time I thought I had them pinned down into a corner and I let loose with my worst terminator throw, I ended up knocked silly by a ball that came out of nowhere and hit me in the back of the head. It took me a long time to realize that the ball that was hitting me in the back of the head was the same ball I had thrown. Oh I had them dead to rights, my aim was true, and I am sure I hit them square on, yet I inevitably found I was the one doing the face plant.

I remember when I first saw through the ego. As I closely examined it, I found it to be like a cloud, made up of smaller individual parts that only looked like one thing from a distance. I could not see a self anywhere in there, and I said to myself,, “see there really is no self”. I was quite proud of myself.? I have to admit it was something of an ego trip, realizing that I had accomplished it, I had seen through the falseness of the ego and realized there was no self.

“Look at those other silly people. They don’t realize there is not a self. I do.”

It seems to me that finding clarity with the mind is often an exercise in self-delusion. All water is clear if one can look only at the water and ignore the sediment swirling about. And it is true that between the swirling bits of mud, there is clear water. So which is truth, the water is clear, or the water is muddy? Seems to me both are true. When two apparent truths want to go to war in my mind to settle the question of which is the real truth, I have found that often the best, and the only real solution, is to admit the impossible truth, that they are both true, and they must learn to live there together in peace.

I am still easily confused, which bruises my ego and gets my thinker revved up. But I have learned that once I notice my thinker has started to spin around faster and faster chasing his own tail, clarity is not going to come out of this particular form of chaos. The better way to clear the confusion is often to take a long walk outside, go on a picnic, take a bike ride, listen to some music, or watch a good movie. These things are much less stressful then chasing one’s own tail, and when I am done, things seems much less confusing and my mind is at peace.

Last edited by ketzer : 02-09-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Who should go beyond the open door?

It's a Christian song