Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Am I having gripes?

I am not just so your aware, my questioning was more an open flow of curiosity that wondered why you would say such a thing to another. And so you show more of yourself in all that and I see more of why.

Curiosity satisfied.

I suppose I look into this scenario and see that sometimes discernment saves a lot of time in relation to knowing how much to give away of one's energy. And of course that is a lesson of itself.
That post was just a sweeping generalisation of scenarios and ofc when dealing with some people and when it gets to a certain(before Energy is being sapped) I will show the person and give hints about the deep end. After a while of ignorance from the one wanting advice I will throw him/her into the deep end(figuratively speaking), and this can happen just by leaving them. This can put the person in to a crash course where he/she has to use the advice given. I know it sounds like an inconsiderate way of teaching but it soon makes the advice practical imo. It's the same when teaching a child to walk, the child becomes dependant on the parent and this can slow down the progress intended so sooner or later the parent lets go but makes sure to be on hand in case of disaster. All I'm saying.
Old 19-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Yea to post something you have to think. It's not a big deal to think. We have to think to get by in life. But if you are not posting, you don't have to. You don't have to think all the time in life. It's like you are sitting in a chair not thinking and someone you live with walks up and asks you what you want to watch on TV. Some thoughts come, but you don't have to identify with them. You don't have to be attached to them. Some flexibility is there. Some space. Being thoughtless and practicing that leads you to have more patience, more humility, less ego. Maybe your favorite show is coming on and so you say, "I'd like to watch my show!" They say, "Well my show in on at the same time!" So you say, "Well no problem I'll watch mine at a later time." If you didn't have any space between you and your thoughts, some non-attachment, you may fight tooth and nail to watch your show right then.

Say you live with 4 other people and you all share chores and one afternoon you are home alone with some free time and you notice the entire kitchen is full of dirty dishes. Say you think, "OMG none of these dishes are mine! No way should I have to wash them. I hate washing dishes!" Then your practice kicks in, you remember emptiness, you realize you are not your thoughts, your thoughts don't determine reality unless you let them, unless you accept them, and suddenly you do the dishes and have no negative thinking or feelings attached to it at all. There is no one there telling you that you should not do them, that you don't like doing them and on and on. That's what "mindfulness" can give you. A new way of being in the world. Most people are influenced by their thinking, it's better for your thinking to be influenced by you.

Say somebody posts something here and you point out something wrong about their comments and they then quote you and say this and that about you and your thoughts come, "That's not what I meant! That's not what I am! That's not what I said!" and if you have a little practice with being thoughtless, you can step back and just see all of that. You can choose to react to it if you want but then you also have the space there to do nothing if you choose. Let them be what they want, let them say what they want. If you can let your thoughts go, what they are projecting as their reality does not effect you.

In your post, you seemed to be trying to throw out thoughts. One thought you missed in this process was the thought you needed to throw away thought. You could drop that too. The method is not really one of resistance or effort. You don't have to do anything to be thoughtless. You just have to see something, realize something, have an insight into what you are. Thought stops on it's own when you question it's reality. One time I was making a sandwich and the thought came, "I'm bored" and I immediately felt that uncomfortable stress like I needed to find something to do to "fix" the boredom... but I had been reading Krishnamurti the day before and for some reason almost instantly after I had the thought "I'm bored" came the thought, "How do I know that thought is real?" And suddenly, the uncomfortable stress like feeling the "I'm bored" thought produced disappeared. I had blown up the thought! The negative effects from it vanished. This was an insight into myself which changed my reality in that moment. I went from being thought to having a space between me and thought. It no longer affected me or belonged to me. It was an odd feeling but it was a pointer to what Buddha and others are talking about.

You don't become like Buddha instantly. It can take a life time. But you keep working at it and make progress. Change little by little. It seems to me like pealing an onion layer by layer. Even getting rid of one attachment is progress. At first you can drop thought for a few seconds a week. Later minutes here and there. And on and on. But each time makes you more open minded, less judgmental, less attached to your thinking. More selfless. That's not to say you don't go fully into ego too, but you have to deal with your karma and life and situations. But over time, you understand what the path is and so you can return to it. Bring more space between you and your thoughts into daily situations.

This practice is a very hard thing to talk about because the practice is wordless and you use words to describe it. In Zen, sometimes they describe it as "When sweeping, I just sweep. When, eating, I just eat." They are doing these activities without thinking. Most "ego heads" upon reading that come back with, "OMG that's being a vegetable! No thanks!" First of all, to sweep and only sweep, takes an amazing amount of self awareness. You have to be so aware you notice the arising of thought and can immediately not identify with it. Also, a very high state of awareness is needed to drop the "person" you have been conditioned to be. All the habits, and opinions, and beliefs, drop drop drop.... that takes a great deal of energy as well. You can describe a conditioned mind, but you can't describe a free one. The dalai lama said, I don't think of myself as the dalai lama, I don't think of myself as a Buddhist, I don't think of myself as a nobel laureate...all of that would create a prison. I think of myself as nothing. In the "just sweeping" practice of Zen, everything is dropped, Zen is dropped, all of the teachings are dropped, everything is dropped. their are no limits, no boundaries, only a direct experience of the mysterious amazing reality we call life.
Yeah so I didn't read too much into this post. But caught a little bit and if being a buddha means to be what one is, and if that means I am the voice of the Earth so be it. As uncle Bob said "We are what we are and that's the way it's going to be". That just means I don't need the title and prefer others to be well educated enough to help others from another level. I like the lower levels to help people find people in higher levels. Btw have you seen my grammar skills at its worst?lol.
Old 19-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
That post was just a sweeping generalisation of scenarios and ofc when dealing with some people and when it gets to a certain(before Energy is being sapped) I will show the person and give hints about the deep end. After a while of ignorance from the one wanting advice I will throw him/her into the deep end(figuratively speaking), and this can happen just by leaving them. This can put the person in to a crash course where he/she has to use the advice given. I know it sounds like an inconsiderate way of teaching but it soon makes the advice practical imo. It's the same when teaching a child to walk, the child becomes dependant on the parent and this can slow down the progress intended so sooner or later the parent lets go but makes sure to be on hand in case of disaster. All I'm saying.

I understood from your first explanation so no need to explain any further.

I relate this as discernment but then I don't see myself as teacher, more aware of myself within situations and how I can be more aware of myself, in what is happening, moving, reacting, expressing, being etc... So its more about how I can be more aware of myself in that shared space. And of course each individual is unique in this way.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
I've got to admit that some of the things I say are from my culture and alot of it is from a collection of things that other people from other religions/cultures have said over the years that Ive managed to be present at. Thanks and sky123 has schooled me in the explanation of the Dhamma in another thread.lol I thought it was Dhamma a name and then sky123 schooled me that the capital D in Dhamma stands for the teachings of the Buddha.lol. Spirituality is definitely universal and all religions/cultures have gifts worthy to share with other spiritual family members. You could say that my spiritual lessons were taught by bitsa, as in bitsa this and bitsa that.lol

Ok. We can be Bitsists now. teehee.
Old 19-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
And I'll hava a bitsa from your bista's if you don't mind
From what I've been reading about Buddhism I'd say you already have it in you. I know I'm only skimming the surface atm but what Ive come to notice about Buddhism is that its well set out, like the eight spoke wheel and the 4 noble truths etc. I haven't begun to look into these but I will over the next few days or so or even weeks. I'll just answer a few responses to me before I take break from these forums.
So something from my culture as I understand it is if something is already in a person all it needs is to be watered. You've got plenty of fruit from Buddhism to find what that is. Once it's realised that it's already there and identified then to water it is to nurture it and witness its growth. I'm sure Buddhism already has this somewhere but maybe its taught differently.
Thanks for helping me to understand Buddhism a bit more I appreciate it
Old 19-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Master
@AHIYHA... Store consciousness and seeds......Working with our seeds using mindfulness. Store consciousness is like a garden that is able to maintain and store the totality of all the seeds. The practice of meditation is being aware and recognize the seeds inside us and to water the good seeds.

Tell me more about your cultures seeds, love this mixture of Spirituality
Old 19-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I understood from your first explanation so no need to explain any further.

I relate this as discernment but then I don't see myself as teacher, more aware of myself within situations and how I can be more aware of myself, in what is happening, moving, reacting, expressing, being etc... So its more about how I can be more aware of myself in that shared space. And of course each individual is unique in this way.
Well yes there was a reason for giving another perspective and Im sure its there to see. You're not a teacher? I'm with the understanding that we are all teachers and we are all students. This is a good way for the teacher to relearn equality when giving lessons to a particular student/students. When the teacher was a student he/she aspired to be like the teacher and gained oneness with the teacher. Ofc there will be different levels to that oneness as they both grow. While typing this Im thinking "these guys probably already know about this lol"
Old 19-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Ok. We can be Bitsists now. teehee.
The first commandment according to the book of bitsiology is to keep your bits in the right place. So if your right bits are in the wrong place and your wrong bits are in the right place are they not in the same place? Answer yes and no.
I'm just messing around btw
Old 19-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
@AHIYHA... Store consciousness and seeds......Working with our seeds using mindfulness. Store consciousness is like a garden that is able to maintain and store the totality of all the seeds. The practice of meditation is being aware and recognize the seeds inside us and to water the good seeds.

Tell me more about your cultures seeds, love this mixture of Spirituality
As Im learning more about Buddhism I am finding it is very well set out and is filled with spiritual seeds of its own, these spiritual seeds are also in my culture, they may not be exactly the same but as we say for jokes "near enough is close enough". The seeds that we refer to is the natural gifts a person has from interpreting hidden messages, interpreting dreams, interpreting a certain message in a cultural dance, nurturing children, giving, being able to bring back a message from the past. How to incorporate that message into a modern setting. Our cultural identity which was almost stamped out is a seed, making people laugh is a seed. And many other such seeds which is in every culture religion. I have a seed of my own and that is when I come to a concept someone else is trying to relay to me I sometimes have to screw it into a ball throw it around the room rip it to pieces and see what it looks like in the rubbish bin to see the beauty of it, as my perception allows. Don't ask me where that came from but maybe this song might help understand.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJ4SEo5ro0
Sorry my brain has been a little over worked from these interesting links Ive been given and I hope I didn't bring down the high expectation of these Taonga or seeds. All Ive got to say is whatever seed is naturally in a person to fulfil their life's purpose, Its all in the nurturing of them. There's also another Taonga that I am forbidden to speak about sorry. It has to do with such things about knowing how to tell the shape of a particular land mass. I can give hints about it over a long period of time.
For some reason whats taken me most of my life to learn has taken the next generation even less than half the time. I always wondered why Mama always said "slowly but surely boy". Hahaa and with that I got take a bit of a break for at least a couple days. Thanks for the excellent reads I'm sure what I find and agree to will help to water my Natural seeds. Ka kite ano/see you again.
Old 19-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Suspended
Master
Aroha is the most important of seeds to water within a person, now there is a concept of tough love. I had a pretty messed up upbringing and I don't blame my parents because of the circumstances they were in. When I was well into my adult years I tried Christianity and couldn't find any joy there and then later happened upon a messianic assembly(they read the Torah in Sephardi and I didn't see a Rabbi there) which then answered all my questions I had at that time. While there I found what they term as Hermeneutics and also the four levels of Hebrew understanding which I fell in love with. This is good for when interpreting biblical passages.After a while I found the science of the philosophy of tacet knowledge(its a bit like hermeneutics)and added it to my collection later I remembered a Maori poem which relates to these and also used it to help understand biblical passages. Part of the interpretation of that poem when dealing with the inside and at the moment I don't mean the inside of me but the inside of say a religion/culture/belief etc I will enter into the midst of a religion for example and listen to whats being spoken, I will then say to myself I will go outside and see what this religion looks like from all angles as much as I can. I will then take a view of it(figuratively speaking) from beneath the religion to see what a possible evil person within that assembly is capable of then I will view it from above, this is to see it from another perspective so as to have a complete view of it. Well as much as one can that is. By the way in this case the order is not important. So concerning the number 4 I realised it popped up in many places, 4 winds, 4 horse men, 4 rivers, 4th part of man, 4 corners of the Earth etc and now the four noble truths. I have still yet to look into that one. So when pondering about the number four I remember being taught what this Jesus character had said "I come in my Father's name" and "I am the door" to most people this wouldn't make much sense other than the obvious but from a Hebraic roots pov the so called ineffable name of God is YHWH now this Jesus character is believed to be from the tribe of Judah which would be YHWDH, so next to each other it would be YHWH and YHWDH. The D letter which is Dalet has a meaning of its own which means DOOR. So many idioms in there. The tough love for me was having to go through the fire to attain these concepts. Lets just say I nurtured my Taonga/seed with other people's Taonga/seeds. when certain seeds concerning my culture are remembered I will share, at the moment I aim to stare at my eyelids for at least 6 hours or so. I hope this was/is useful in some way. Blessings.