Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
EXCERPT
Can you seek the Kingdom of Heaven if it's not already here? I don't think so.
From the text I quoted, where does it say "seek"?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
I am talking about what has been preserved to this very age, that translation has been and it is the actual translation part of the main two churches of christianity.
Lets not forget that Jesus spoke Aramaic and the Lords Prayer in its Aramaic Form is still used today in the Syriac Orthodox Church.
I listen to this every day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=locW-9S00VU
Old 10-06-2021, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
....for everyone that believes the Spirit has always been with mankind....he must surely wonder why Pentecost
is even mentioned in the Bible....
in addition to the countless verses that spoke of the coming of the Spirit.
Was Jesus just simply misinformed ?
When did we start talking about the Holy Spirit, aka the Comforter?
It wasn't the Holy Spirit that Jacob saw face to face...or that Moses saw.

It isn't the Holy Spirit spoken of in Psalm 37, Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
It wasn't the Holy Spirit spoken of here - Acknowledge me in all your ways and I will make straight your path.
And many other verses --it's always God, the Creator Father. No?

And who was it here that said the Spirit has always been with mankind...you kinda pulled this out of a hat.
The ability to be with or see or be in the arms of God the Father have always been available to Mankind...is what I'm saying.

I'm saying there was no wrathful punishment keeping man from having a connection or communing with his Creator.
David saw that in Psalm 139. I always loved that God so loved a murderer.
Yay!

The only diff I see is some thinking it ONLY was possible because of Jesus' death,
as if God needed or wanted that.
That is the discussion on many diff forums...lovers of God with 2 opinions....
1.He was appeased because of Jesus dying...the other
2.saying no, God did not need appeasing, He loved us all along and wanted our love back.

Kinda crazy - God, Who is Pure Love and Pure Light needing a human to suffer and die to open His arms to His other children.
And super amazing that Jesus was willing to do that for us dopes, to snap us out of our delusion.
Amazing. Jesus is beyond words amazing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-06-2021, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
From the text I quoted, where does it say "seek"?
C'mon...it's a common verse said by Jesus it doesn't have to be in the verse you quoted to bring it into the conversation. Splitting hairs.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-06-2021, 08:32 PM
Master
I was talking about the Lord's Prayer that I partially quoted in Post #181.
If you look at Luke's and Matthew's versions of the Lord's Prayer, 'seek the kingdom' will not be found.
The point I was making, is the word Kingdom does not appear to be a singular meaning but has different meanings.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I was talking about the Lord's Prayer that I partially quoted in Post #181.
If you look at Luke's and Matthew's versions of the Lord's Prayer, 'seek the kingdom' will not be found.
The point I was making, is the word Kingdom does not appear to be a singular meaning but has different meanings.
Appreciate this input, John.
It's amazing how a little translation change can have such profound consequences in teaching and therefore what people believe. It's fascinating.

The Kingdom in the Lord's Prayer may or may not have a relation with the promised literal Kingdom in the book of Revelations.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Lets not forget that Jesus spoke Aramaic and the Lords Prayer in its Aramaic Form is still used today in the Syriac Orthodox Church.
I listen to this every day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=locW-9S00VU

I listened to the Aramaic version too. You know there's a village where they speak Aramaic even today? I forgot the details, in Syria. They were singing the Lord's Prayer in Aramaic. Not only that there are christians there but also muslims, in the same village and they all live in peace.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:09 PM
Master
Quote:
I listened to the Aramaic version too. You know there's a village where they speak Aramaic even today? I forgot the details, in Syria.
I loveeeee that Aramaic Version, it makes me cry and touches something deep inside.
I have read about Aramaic being spoken in various place, how amazing...
Old 10-06-2021, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

The Kingdom in the Lord's Prayer may or may not have a relation with the promised literal Kingdom in the book of Revelations.

The Kingdom of God ( The second petition ) is wherever God is in control and not necessarily a geographical place, our hearts can be the place where his Kingdom reigns. So it can be within and without.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I loveeeee that Aramaic Version, it makes me cry and touches something deep inside.
I have read about Aramaic being spoken in various place, how amazing...
Here it is, a small documentary about that village:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50qiS-IjJM

I know what you mean...
Yes, it's unreal, that the tongue Jesus spoke, it's present today, in our modern world.