Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 07-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Yes, talking to people who have been authorized to teach Dzogchen like Jackson Peterson and people who practice Dzogchen does show that I have no clue.

'authorized to teach Dzogchen'

yes, you are right, that shows that you have no clue.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Kundalini is NOT the same as the Holy Spirit ( Paraclete ), you seem to invent New Age Buddhism now we have New Age Christianity

I said it was the power of the Holy Spirit in Mystical Christianity.

It would be really nice if you could add value in these threads instead of just attacking everyone or attacking another tradition you don't like or agree with or have any knowledge of...

Just a thought..
Old 07-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Come, Holy Spirit, Creator, come
From your bright heavenly throne,
Come, take possession of our souls,
And make them all your own.

Veni, Creator Spiritus,
mentes tuorum visita,
imple superna gratia
quae tu creasti pectora

You who are called the Paraclete,
Best gift of God above,
The living spring, the living fire,
Sweet unction and true love.

Qui diceris Paraclitus,
altissimi donum Dei,
fons vivus, ignis, caritas,
et spiritalis unctio.

You who are sev'nfold in your grace,
Finger of God's right hand;
His promise, teaching little ones
To speak and understand.

Tu, septiformis munere,
digitus paternae dexterae,
Tu rite promissum Patris,
sermone ditans guttura.

O guide our minds with your blest light,
With love our hearts inflame;
And with your strength, which ne'er decays,
Confirm our mortal frame.

Accende lumen sensibus:
infunde amorem cordibus:
infirma nostri corporis
virtute firmans perpeti.

Far from us drive our deadly foe;
True peace unto us bring;
And through all perils lead us safe
Beneath your sacred wing.

Hostem repellas longius,
pacemque dones protinus:
ductore sic te praevio
vitemus omne noxium.

Through you may we the Father know,
Through you th'eternal Son,
And you the Spirit of them both,
Thrice-blessed Three in One.

Per te sciamus da Patrem,
noscamus atque Filium;
Teque utriusque Spiritum
credamus omni tempore.

Nothing to compare with kundalini.

Ok... so you take one writing and want to make that a universal truth.

Again nice reference... not.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground

Of course that is how traditions are. You have to have knowledge and experience to teach.

Can't just make stuff up like you are.. Traditions wouldn't last if that was the way of things.

Crazy for you to think otherwise.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
There was that one story where a guy fell off a cliff into a river, broke his legs in several places and was knocked out, and his dog jumped after him, the dog broke his legs as well, and that dog held the mans head out of the water until help came. That dog saved his owners life so that dog would always be very special to that man.

It's like that with Buddhism or even a guru somebody may have. Once you realize the truths or what the teachings are pointing at, you don't need or have an external use for them anymore as they exist in your memory and consciousness, but then you can still carry a respect or reverence for them because they are vessels of truth. They helped to get you where you are.

After I have read a book and know it's contents from beginning to end, I have no use for that book anymore. It is in me. It is a part of me. But that doesn't mean I can't keep that book on my shelf, possibly to loan to others.

So I'm not sure "leaving the raft behind" means no longer having a love or respect or reverence for the raft. In Buddhism, I think the saying is about something else. It means an awareness now that is not identified with one's conditioning. A totally liberated and free consciousness that just is, without anything coming between experience and the perceiver as far as "ideas." No resistance or bias from mind, but then resistance or bias can come from a liberated free unconditioned self as it has it's own point of view.

Also I would say Buddhism does have dzogchen type teachings in other places besides dzogchen itself. Many thousands of "teachers" have been a part of Buddhism for thousands of years and some get "it" and some don't. The ones who do have added their voices to the vast teachings that exist and so they are here and there and can be found. I think some big names in early Zen fall into this category.

Religion contains some profound truths and wisdom and also some horrible non-sense that divides people and brings out the worse in them. Because of this, some teachers have advocated throwing out the whole thing entirely. So these teachers go on anti-religion rants. But seems to me the good and truth and wisdom is still in there for those that can find it. So throwing away the whole thing would be a bad thing to me as the truth would be thrown away as well.

In the end though it is about becoming a selfless, humble being, full of compassion and unconditional love and empathy, and not just reading about such things. It is about living it, being it, moment to moment being that inner and outter peace, so in that sense, the "raft" would always be a hindrance as the raft has an owner and owners are never selfless. One really does not leave the raft behind, one becomes the embodiment of the raft, a living acting breathing consciousness that is the raft manifested as life. In liberation or realization, the raft is no longer a thing apart from oneself.

Once you reach the other shore ( Enlightenment ) you wouldn't need the raft, you've reached your destination
Old 07-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Ok... so you take one writing and want to make that a universal truth.

Again nice reference... not.

I'm glad you enjoyed it
Old 07-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:

It would be really nice if you could add value in these threads instead of just attacking everyone or attacking another tradition you don't like or agree with or have any knowledge of...

Just a thought..

It would also be nice if you stopped trying to change Christianity. I have added value as I have shown you that kundalini has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit comes from ' Above ' kundalini is dormant inside, one is outer the other inner......
Old 07-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground

I would suggest any JP fans do a little research.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:

Just a thought..

Just a thought..... mystical Christianity...... another New Age thingy...
Old 07-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
It would also be nice if you stopped trying to change Christianity. I have added value as I have shown you that kundalini has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit comes from ' Above ' kundalini is dormant inside, one is outer the other inner......

Mystical Christinity has been around since before the church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_mysticism

I am not making anything up.

Kundalini is not an inner thing.. It is what all things are.

Ramana Maharshi mentioned that Kundalini is nothing but the natural energy of the Self, where Self is the universal consciousness (Paramatma) present in every being, and that the individual mind of thoughts cloaks this natural energy from unadulterated expression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini

PS. Notice the links?????