Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 13-05-2013, 09:14 PM
MsMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I'm sure some are, Gem. But not that does not describe all people who can relate to the "TF" description. Some people look for the experience, sure. But others are looking for an explanation for their experience. It a very distinct difference that gets overlooked by the skeptics. The reason you don't relate to this stuff is because you have not gone through the kind of of things we talk about, obviously. It doesn't mean we are all lying or making stuff up to sound dramatic.

Well, not all of us. ;)

I've been trying to make sense of this thread and it's very interesting, but DP I think what you say sums it up. Gem, you're talking about being in love and saying it doesn't feel like a spiritual connection as others describe, and the experience is falling short? OK, and no-one can tell you what you feel, but likewise why would you question the experience of others who have felt something utterly mystifying and strange and like nothing else they ever knew, something that literally made them question their sanity? Something that drove them to try and understand why they felt how they felt, and which led them to talking with others here? Yes, it is very dramatic, and very extreme, and that's why there's a forum for Twin Flames / Soul Connections and another for Love and Relationships...I think that's what differentiates it, maybe...?
which is not to detract from anyone else's experience of love, either, of course. It's all subjective, which is why it's so hard to discuss without being passionate! ;o)
Old 13-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMe
I've been trying to make sense of this thread and it's very interesting, but DP I think what you say sums it up. Gem, you're talking about being in love and saying it doesn't feel like a spiritual connection as others describe, and the experience is falling short? OK, and no-one can tell you what you feel, but likewise why would you question the experience of others who have felt something utterly mystifying and strange and like nothing else they ever knew, something that literally made them question their sanity? Something that drove them to try and understand why they felt how they felt, and which led them to talking with others here? Yes, it is very dramatic, and very extreme, and that's why there's a forum for Twin Flames / Soul Connections and another for Love and Relationships...I think that's what differentiates it, maybe...?
which is not to detract from anyone else's experience of love, either, of course. It's all subjective, which is why it's so hard to discuss without being passionate! ;o)

I think that people in general just like the way the term Soulmate or Twin Flame sound so they hop on this SM/TF forum expecting us to give out answers as well as confirmation on wether they met a SC of some kind. I never really thought about the fact that there is actually a Love and Relationship section, but some people are better off there if they cannot comprehend a soul connection. I'm not gonna name any names, but I always wonder why in hell do people who don't believe in this **** come on here and bash on us like we're crazy? Seriously get a life.
Old 13-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Master

Quote:
think that people in general just like the way the term Soulmate or Twin Flame sound so they hop on this SM/TF forum expecting us to give out answers as well as confirmation on wether they met a SC of some kind. I never really thought about the fact that there is actually a Love and Relationship section, but some people are better off there if they cannot comprehend a soul connection. I'm not gonna name any names, but I always wonder why in hell do people who don't believe in this **** come on here and bash on us like we're crazy? Seriously get a life.

You said it in your last sentence DH ,it is because they have no life ..If i didn't believe in TF/Sc i def wouldn't be here wasting any of my precious time putting others down or judging like some people like to do ....I actually feel a little sad for people like this who have to belittle or judge other to make themselves feel better ,what a sad life !
Old 13-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Master
It's very hard for people to keep their minds open to things they have never experienced personally, it is much easier for them to judge, label, quantify or otherwise dismiss. It's just human nature at one of it's baser levels, it's not wrong or anything to feel bad about. We learn and evolve as we can and it takes as long as it takes.

Imagine how hard it was to convince the general population of earth that the earth actually moved around the sun when if fact it APPEARS that the sun moves around the earth - it went against all common sense. Or how difficult it was for the average man on the street, rice farmer, or horse trainer to grapple with such as abstract concept of the earth being round when everyone before them believed the world was flat and all the maps clearly showed that too.

When we are faced with concepts and told things we have no mental construct for or personal experience of, it takes a very special kind of person to incorporate the new thing into their mental construct without going through stages of denial even fighting against the new idea/information.

In many ways exposure to these new ideas and understandings are very threatening, because life is complicated and when we can put it into tidy little boxes that are easily labeled we feel more in control, like there's less chaos that can upset our apple cart and make our lives messy and hard to get back into tidiness and predictability. This is just a part of our human nature, adaptation and evolution come at a price, a price that forces us to accept things which are no longer tidy.

Compassion and personal evolution comes when we can hold both the person in an tf awakening and the person who judges it out of fear and lack of understanding in our hearts with equal love and gentleness. Keeping in mind that people who start threads questioning things or trying to disprove or discredit them are actually people thinking about something long enough to perhaps learn something new, open up to wonder a little more. Those who dismiss it without another thought are the ones for which there will be no gain. Denial and questioning can be said to be the first steps towards adaptation and evolution of thought.
Old 13-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
It's very hard for people to keep their minds open to things they have never experienced personally, it is much easier for them to judge, label, quantify or otherwise dismiss. It's just human nature at one of it's baser levels, it's not wrong or anything to feel bad about. We learn and evolve as we can and it takes as long as it takes.

Imagine how hard it was to convince the general population of earth that the earth actually moved around the sun when if fact it APPEARS that the sun moves around the earth - it went against all common sense. Or how difficult it was for the average man on the street, rice farmer, or horse trainer to grapple with such as abstract concept of the earth being round when everyone before them believed the world was flat and all the maps clearly showed that too.

When we are faced with concepts and told things we have no mental construct for or personal experience of, it takes a very special kind of person to incorporate the new thing into their mental construct without going through stages of denial even fighting against the new idea/information.

In many ways exposure to these new ideas and understandings are very threatening, because life is complicated and when we can put it into tidy little boxes that are easily labeled we feel more in control, like there's less chaos that can upset our apple cart and make our lives messy and hard to get back into tidiness and predictability. This is just a part of our human nature, adaptation and evolution come at a price, a price that forces us to accept things which are no longer tidy.

Compassion and personal evolution comes when we can hold both the person in an tf awakening and the person who judges it out of fear and lack of understanding in our hearts with equal love and gentleness.

In a perfect world....
Old 13-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKEST_HOUR
In a perfect world....

Ah there in lies the beauty - you have the power to make a perfect world for You.

Just as you are what you eat, you are also what you think. You can not derive minerals and vitamins from food without them, nor can you create a positive reality with negative thoughts.

Be what you wish to attract to yourself. Be at the vibration you wish attract and the Universe by it's nature will line up to create a reality commensurate with your vibration.
Old 13-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Ah there in lies the beauty - you have the power to make a perfect world for You.

Just as you are what you eat, you are also what you think. You can not derive minerals and vitamins from food without them, nor can you create a positive reality with negative thoughts.

Be what you wish to attract to yourself. Be at the vibration you wish attract and the Universe by it's nature will line up to create a reality commensurate with your vibration.

Perfect world huh? Ok I'll hop on this train and see where it goes. Have you ever considered that perhaps the "perfect" world would just mean that there isn't a meaning to life? If there is no bad, no wrong, only good, what's the point of being here on earth and not heaven/spirit world? But lets picture this "perfect" world. Lets picture world peace . This means, no more violence, no more fights, no more mistreating each other or talks to one another meaningly or harshly without any cause (and there would be non because no one would be causing any reason to start a fight because the world would be at peace hahaha). How about pollution? A world without pollution to me just sounds amazing! Wouldn't that be awesome?! No more pollution?This means no more pollution of any kind, no more air pollution, no more water pollution, no more sound pollution(the freaking radio), no more mail pollution(spam)hahahahaha! Just a clean, fresh, and healthy planet and a clean, fresh, and healthy society. Kinda like one big ol Amish family hahaha jk. Ok. Heres another one, how about no death?Ever think about all the children who did nothing wrong? So sad, when I turn on the news only to see innocent people have died just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. ANYONE who does nothing wrong shouldn't deserve to die, period! (But in a "Perfect", that means NO ONE should die because no one would be doing anything wrong, right?) So this also applies to no diseases, no colds, no viruses, no germs, autoimmune illnesses, no AIDS, no STDs, no malformations at birth, no need for amputations, no need for robotic arms, no need for liver or kidney transfers, etc. I can go on and on about this subject, there is so much more... but this sums it when the idea of "Perfect" crosses my mind.. Now...If i were to ask you if you were to live in this type of "Perfect" world I just described, how long do you think it would take before you realize that no ones "perfect"? We're only human after all, right?
Old 13-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Here's my experience and opinion on this, as I've asked the very same question over the years. When I drop the story entirely, it still happens, in fact, it happens at an increased level, a level that is, frankly, overwhelming and consuming. So I am concluding that the story (any story) can be a defense, a protection.

It seems to me that all stories of self are this way. Not just twin flame story. Any story at all. This illusion we live in is made up of stories. Stories within stories within stories. The stories are what maintains the illusion of separation - the stories say "I am this and not that." The bigger and grander the story, the more it is probably a protection, holding up the illusion of separation in face of an overwhelming urge to merge back into that which is oneness.

Stories are beliefs. This is why the gurus all advise you to examine your beliefs and then shed them one by one. Can you see that a belief that twin flames aren't real is just as much a story as a belief that twin flames are real?

If you want to know what is real, all you have to do is drop all your stories. It is that simple. And that difficult.

There's nothing wrong with stories; they are a loving kindness because they protect against the awesome vulnerability of what is actually real. They are also what makes love alive.

With me, the notion 'real' doesn't mean anything. It's just a quality we assert on experience. Belief is easy to understand because everyone believes something, but to think the belief is 'truth' is dogmatic.

People have a big story about twin flames like their soul was split when it was created and so on... there's other stories too... lots of them, and all I'm asking is, don't such fanciful tales set up unattainable expectations?

People tried to tell me it isn't love as I assumed, but now it's all about making love alive, and ok, because I get that. I writs stupid poems and cool songs about it, stories really, but they are only to express the feelings... she's not literally 'my honey pie'. LOL
Old 14-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Master
Quote:
You've made my point =D

My point being it sounds like melodrama until it happens to you.

P.S. I like your pic, Stary Night by Van Gogh, always a classic.

I like the song, so I chose the painting as an avatar.
Old 14-05-2013, 12:28 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKEST_HOUR
Perfect world huh? Ok I'll hop on this train and see where it goes. Have you ever considered that perhaps the "perfect" world would just mean that there isn't a meaning to life? If there is no bad, no wrong, only good, what's the point of being here on earth and not heaven/spirit world? But lets picture this "perfect" world. Lets picture world peace . This means, no more violence, no more fights, no more mistreating each other or talks to one another meaningly or harshly without any cause (and there would be non because no one would be causing any reason to start a fight because the world would be at peace hahaha). How about pollution? A world without pollution to me just sounds amazing! Wouldn't that be awesome?! No more pollution?This means no more pollution of any kind, no more air pollution, no more water pollution, no more sound pollution(the freaking radio), no more mail pollution(spam)hahahahaha! Just a clean, fresh, and healthy planet and a clean, fresh, and healthy society. Kinda like one big ol Amish family hahaha jk. Ok. Heres another one, how about no death?Ever think about all the children who did nothing wrong? So sad, when I turn on the news only to see innocent people have died just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. ANYONE who does nothing wrong shouldn't deserve to die, period! (But in a "Perfect", that means NO ONE should die because no one would be doing anything wrong, right?) So this also applies to no diseases, no colds, no viruses, no germs, autoimmune illnesses, no AIDS, no STDs, no malformations at birth, no need for amputations, no need for robotic arms, no need for liver or kidney transfers, etc. I can go on and on about this subject, there is so much more... but this sums it when the idea of "Perfect" crosses my mind.. Now...If i were to ask you if you were to live in this type of "Perfect" world I just described, how long do you think it would take before you realize that no ones "perfect"? We're only human after all, right?

I'll go you one better, if we are going to create a "perfect" world, who's definition of "perfect" are we going to use?

Often we use the word "whole" and I prefer that one. If you are "working" on making yourself "whole" then consider that whole is not the same as perfect. Whole includes all - not just love but hate, not just light but dark, etc, etc. It's not whole if it doesn't have any imperfections.

Heck if you're a dolphin you probably consider humans the imperfection on this earth right about now...