Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-03-2016, 03:41 AM
Master

That definitely doesn't sound easy Clover - sorry that you're still going through a tough time!

The pool time looked great, like consecutive lazy hours poolside.
Old 28-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Master

Ok ..... I have been thinking on how to phrase this. recent promotion at work following a year of much unpaid overtime and support - and it's all been totally unrecognised. The promotion, the overtime - it's not been financially recognised although they worked really hard at work to encourage me to stay.

So ... q - what advice do you have for me around this?

I do have another q - I'm coming through a period of god knows how many years of introversion, anxiety, and hiding my little light. It's led to loneliness as I just need to hide from the world quite significantly and I worry so much about being authentic. So a q on this - how do I best manage myself into the real world authentically to establish meaningful and fun relationships?

Thank you!!
Old 28-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Ok ..... I have been thinking on how to phrase this. recent promotion at work following a year of much unpaid overtime and support - and it's all been totally unrecognised. The promotion, the overtime - it's not been financially recognised although they worked really hard at work to encourage me to stay.

So ... q - what advice do you have for me around this?

I do have another q - I'm coming through a period of god knows how many years of introversion, anxiety, and hiding my little light. It's led to loneliness as I just need to hide from the world quite significantly and I worry so much about being authentic. So a q on this - how do I best manage myself into the real world authentically to establish meaningful and fun relationships?

Thank you!!
What I've taken from Enchanted Map so far (thank you all the people who let me practice) is that whilst it's useful for pointing out a direction, it's not the best tool for giving me information... so hope it's okay if I do a quick tarot read first to figure out what's going on with the work situation, then start on a strategy.

Q: Why hasn't Belle's promotion been financially recognised?
* RWS

I've done this twice to be sure, but will speak of the 2nd reading.

Situation: 2 of Cups. On the surface this looks awesome but what this REALLY speaks of is agreements, contracts, and expansion... ie did you stay on in the hope they would pay you more alongside the promotion, or did you put yourself in a sitting duck position where you took more responsibility on without a legal contract ensuring that you would receive more money?

Need to know: Queen of Swords. You need to look crystal-clear at the situation, keep the emotion out of it. Look at the situation AS IS. If they are not in a position where they are legally obligated to pay you more money, then you are legally being paid the amount agreed upon, ie there's nothing technically "wrong" about the situation (ethically, different story, but businesses....). There may also be legal/HR issues in getting "back pay" for periods further than a few weeks in the past.

In fact from an UNethical business perspective, this is an excellent move - grab a star employee, sweet-talk them into staying AND accepting more responsibility, and neatly sidestep any issue of a pay rise. More work for the price of none! This particular combination of cards may also be saying "Look at the arrangement you've gotten yourself into" re: the year of much unpaid overtime.

Advice: 8 of Cups. The cards aren't sure you're in a strong situation here :( They think you're better off bailing!

*** The first time I did this reading, I think I got King of Wands in the advice position which potentially indicates you COULD fight for a raise if you wanted to. Just putting that option out there. Either way, I don't think you're going to get more money by sitting there and passively waiting - it's either fighting for more, or walking away and finding somewhere your skills are better appreciated.

Q: What does Belle need to do to get a pay rise in line with her recent promotion?
* Enchanted Map

Situation: Slow and Steady. First things first - any sort of pay rise isn't going to happen quickly. This isn't to say it's not possible though (although again, this isn't the best deck for this. I'm missing my tarot cards big-time right now :'( ). This card also suggests to me that you're kind of aimless right now - not really sure what to do and kind of in that slow-moving-but-fast-heartbeat zone.

Need to know: Moonlight. Another reflective moment where it's all about coming clean to yourself and your situation. It's time to read behind the lines. They haven't given you a pay rise - why? They wanted you to stay - why? If you've brought it up at all - how did they respond?

Advice: "Home" has a bunch of prescribed answers which I'm going to blithely ignore, because #howtealilyrolls. This card says to me: Shut up shop, retreat within, screw the outsiders. This doesn't mean to stop showing up for work, but it WOULD suggest that now may be the time to stop going any extra miles in the hope of eventual financial compense. I have a feeling your workplace takes a mile for every inch you give them - so stop giving them extra inches! (unless they pay for it). Perhaps it's time to do your job, and no more.

EDIT: Haven't forgotten your other question, it's next in line :)
Old 28-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Suspended
Knower

I have a dilemma; I'll order books online after seeing them referenced in other books that I'm reading. Somewhat recently I came across a reference to Down there (La bas): A study in Satanism by Huysmans, J.-K that in the novel was part of someone's 'eclectic' reading. So I ordered it, and while I was waiting my horoscope said that a new thing was coming and that I should embrace it. Well it was ghastly, I skimmed thru it and thru it in the furnace. Critics say it has not much to do with Satanism, but the content coupled with the synchronous horoscope is unsettling; The universe is out to get me (;) What is against me, and what is my sustainer? (the Tetraktys spread if you care to)
Old 28-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
I have a dilemma; I'll order books online after seeing them referenced in other books that I'm reading. Somewhat recently I came across a reference to Down there (La bas): A study in Satanism by Huysmans, J.-K that in the novel was part of someone's 'eclectic' reading. So I ordered it, and while I was waiting my horoscope said that a new thing was coming and that I should embrace it. Well it was ghastly, I skimmed thru it and thru it in the furnace. Critics say it has not much to do with Satanism, but the content coupled with the synchronous horoscope is unsettling; The universe is out to get me (;) What is against me, and what is my sustainer? (the Tetraktys spread if you care to)
Whoa whoa whoa - before we touch ANY cards here, have you considered that doing a quick google search for a book review/sample prior to purchase may have been useful?

I mean, divination's awesome, but we have free will and independent problem-solving skills for a reason. Horoscopes can be generalised (the "new thing" coming may have been a chinese lantern festival coming down your street in 7 month's time, for example), and the universe may not have been against you at all... have you considered that one of the lessons from this experience may be that you seem to be relying on divination/seeking spiritual guidance more than you should?
Old 28-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Master
Hey tealily,

Ive been feeling for some time that my path is getting closer to God, that I will serve him in some way through my work, I know this is probably the same for everyone, but it feels like I will be speaking in a way people will understand to bring them to the light. I am a strong believer and feel I could use this to help others to believe and feel the love too. However, being very sensitive I often feel overwhelmed and sometimes scared to speak out. I wondered what you may pick up in relation to this, if you want to tweak the question in some way, but I wish to see what I can do this year to hone my skills/abilities in order to serve God in service of others and if this is the right path for me :) Ive also been very interested in working in mental health as I don't see it as an illness, rather a spiritual imbalance of some kind that can be resolved. Would really appreciate it :) Thanks.
Old 28-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Suspended
Knower

I was seeking some authentic info on Satanism and the wiki was relatively innocuous but I'll say that anyone who reads that might want to have benzodiazepine drugs handy to erase their short-term memory (re: Robert Langdon's experience in Dan Brown's Inferno)
Old 28-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Master

I thought of something tealily! Please take your time.

Honestly, I've been sick every summer since 2012.

I am thinking I am over this hump but I'd like to know if I will regain my strength and have a "normal" summer or if there is more to come (so I can brace myself).
Old 28-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Suspended
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
have you considered that one of the lessons from this experience may be that you seem to be relying on divination/seeking spiritual guidance more than you should?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Oh and if anyone wants a free reading, I'm trying out a new deck over at - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=99093, feel free to drop by with a question/s as no-one seems to want to play with me this long easter weekend :(

I've had one reading in the last quarter century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
What if we opened Pandora's box, and all that was inside was a mirror
Old 28-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Master

Hi Timothy,

Still don't need my cards for this one. Here's my 2 cents:

1) Just because something has been referenced by an author, doesn't mean the source will be good

2) Just because there is a review, doesn't mean it will be good (or one you agree with)

3) Everyone (you, me, every other person) takes a risk everytime they buy a product. It might work for them. It might not. You might love it, hate it, or just feel indifferent about it. Doesn't mean the universe is out to get you or that there's some kind of major spiritual lesson behind it.

I enjoy doing readings (as a hobby) but don't think you'd be satisfied by what my cards have to say, so I'll opt out of this reading request. Hope you find your answers elsewhere.