Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Master
Some things happen for a reason. Some things happen for a purpose. Some stuff just happens.

If you were trying to suggest a grand plan to it all, there isn't one.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:48 AM
Master
I hear ya rainbow sprinkles......:)
Old 02-10-2015, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunachild816
I hear people go back and forth on this. Some say because of our free will we choose to make our own life decisions. But then I hear some people say "oh i read a book and it told me _________, that was meant to happen." or "I lost my dad in an accident. But everything happens for a reason".....those are some examples. I really don't know what to believe. Honestly I like believing that everything DOES happen for a reason and it was mapped out for us, because it helps me take away a lot of the pain I feel about something....as if everything's okay and it's supposed to serve me down the road somewhere.

Whats your opinion?

The moment you are born, your life begins, the process of you in everyway of you, is a constant and ongoing flow of experiences one with the world around you. It is in motion always as it is. So the reason could be more that life is happening as it will according to the nature of life in you and around you as one. Life is the reason. All life. Some say the moment you are born and die is already set as one with your life as you move through it and choices and no choice unfolds in knowing and the unknown of you and life, which is always revealing itself through your experience..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-10-2015, 02:16 AM
Master
Everything is connected so that too creates a reason for things happening..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-10-2015, 02:17 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunachild816
I hear people go back and forth on this. Some say because of our free will we choose to make our own life decisions. But then I hear some people say "oh i read a book and it told me _________, that was meant to happen." or "I lost my dad in an accident. But everything happens for a reason".....those are some examples. I really don't know what to believe. Honestly I like believing that everything DOES happen for a reason and it was mapped out for us, because it helps me take away a lot of the pain I feel about something....as if everything's okay and it's supposed to serve me down the road somewhere.

Whats your opinion?

Earth is too much a dynamo of activity for this to be true. No matter the pre-life planning there are always the wild card occasions caused by the many thousands of free choices and resultant path changes that surround us.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:26 AM
life.love.regret.

It seems that when people say everything happens for a reason, a lot of the time they are alluding to the idea that everything is pre-planned. Maybe everything does happen for a reason but nobody ever said that reason is always in our best interest.

I think I lean more towards some things happening for a reason and some things just happen. We like to look back and give every occurrence a hindsight reason and it brings us comfort.

I don't understand how anybody can say with 100% certainty that anything about this topic is one way or the other. Some things we cant know. I don't have an issue with that.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Things happen for a mixed, interconnected reason.

There are consciousness seeds everywhere, and they mix and match according to our actions and presence, leading to various outcomes.

There's always a reason, and there's always a way it could have been better, or could be better in the future.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:01 PM
So far, I see everything has a reason.
Every little minute thing...the rock I step on on the trail, the leaf
that fell on my face, the barking dog in the distance, the sink that is plugged...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Experiencer

the occurrence is often it's own reason and purpose in my experience... In the grand scheme of things there is not a Grand Scheme.. Born ,Live, Die, Repeat...The Process is the purpose and it's own reason.

The evident offers it's understanding freely where by the mysterious is as thick as Pea Soup and barely navigable if not impossible to navigate(You can only ever know what you know and your understanding should not ideally reach into the speculative)...Keep it simple and you will remain untroubled by such deep philosophical Rabbit holes.

I am being neither dismissive nor callous regarding this when I seek to save you the reader a lot of knuckle wringing procrastination..The journey is the thing and not the departure or the arrival.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Master
Hello,

I don't feel something happens without a cause for it to happen.

Whether it is understood seems to another question.

To me, the reason sometimes is apparent, sometimes takes time to realize, and at other times seems there is not any. This seems to be based on my understanding at the moment and possibly what I may accept as being so, IMO.

Some things seem to be a mystery, but does this mean it has no reason?

May not know what actions may lead to what or what effects even the smallest act may have, but it does seem that one may affect the other thus giving reason for the happening.