Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
I have to read this way other wise I would get confused

That's why practice and experience is so important with Tarot :)

This is also why people are willing to pay so much for a good professional tarot reader - if you average deck has 78 cards, you only have 78 possible card meanings (or 156 if you're using reversals). But if you allow for multiple meanings, then you have a waaaaay bigger vocabulary to play with.

But, to each their own. I know people whose intuition is so strong they can do a whole 45min session without ANYTHING (I guess Pagandell would call this "Really Magic") - and on the flip side, I have also heard of people who read by throwing their tarot book up into the air and seeing whatever page has been opened to when it lands (I guess Pagandell would call this "Not Magic").

In summary: if it is 'magic' for you to start using your intuition before turning over cards, good for you. Just so long as you're aware that a) you're probably the only one using that terminology**, and b) for a lot of us, it's all just under a big umbrella titled 'intuition', and everybody's use of it falls somewhere on a spectrum.

**: You're perfectly entitled to call it 'magic' if you want, but I wouldn't go to any conventions and ask people if they read 'magically or psychically' because they might look at you a bit funny
Old 31-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
It's the same thing, whether you realize it or not. You're using your intuition when you're interpreting the cards and the cards have fallen into their place via quantum physics. It's all about energy and the connection to your subconscious.

This will explain that magical aspect of all the cards being in the right place at the right time: http://www.tarotmoon.com/articles/Quantum/quantum.html

Yeah just had a quick peek at tarotmoon looks awesome I will have a good read later and report back thanks for the link
Old 31-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Master
Angel1

[quote=tealily]That's why practice and experience is so important with Tarot :)

Yes very true.

if you allow for multiple meanings, then you have a waaaaay bigger vocabulary to play with.

And its a lot more easy to fake the whole thing.

I have also heard of people who read by throwing their tarot book up into the air and seeing whatever page has been opened to when it lands (I guess Pagandell would call this "Not Magic").

No I see that as magical
Old 31-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
And its a lot more easy to fake the whole thing.
Maybe that's the 'problem' for you? Fearing you will just make something up?
That's where trusting your intuition comes in play... Which will develop when you allow it to. Which you can do by paying heed to it as much as possible, not just when doing readings but during day to day life as well.

I also don't stick to just the one meaning for a card. Readings wouldn't work that way, because they simply don't have just the one meaning. Even a book on Tarot will give several things per card, so you will still have to sense / intuite what's applicable and what's not.

I sometimes have something come up from a card that has nothing to do with the 'normal' meaning. And when I get feedback from the client, it's always spot on.
So faking, I don't think so. I really think that's just a personal, inner fear, which is likely based on not trusting your own intuition and gut feeling (and there will be a reason for that).

Don't mean that as a judgement, but maybe if you open up a tad more, and dare go out of your comfort zone bit by bit, you will not only get more depth in your reading, but develop your own growth and intuition at the same time.
Old 31-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Master
Color

Yeah thanks all for your thoughts and feed back I felt some discord but never mind, I will continue to read the way I have always read and continue to respect the way other peeps read
Old 31-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Yeah thanks all for your thoughts and feed back I felt some discord but never mind, I will continue to read the way I have always read and continue to respect the way other peeps read

Do whatever works for you. I found when I first started (I've been learning for about 6 months now) that I only used the traditional meanings for the cards. This was a good way for me to build up a reasonably sound knowledge of what the cards traditionally mean, so I don't regret learning like that.

The more I practice with the cards, the more I find "other" meanings come into play, though I'm still a long way off being an "intuitive" reader (although I would like to be - it just hasn't happened much at this stage). The meanings have relevance though when I look at the cards - they're not just something pulled out of thin air that is totally random and could fit anything.

A good example - a friend went to hospital for a spider bite on his hand. It was nothing major, but they wanted to check it out. Anyway, I did a reading to ask if we would have to pick him up from hospital that day (he'd asked us to pick him up and we wanted to have an idea whether we'd have to pick him up or not, as we'd already made other plans) and I got the Ace of Pentacles reversed.

Now, traditionally, this card didn't fit at all. Did it mean he wouldn't be able to leave for lack of money, for example? Obviously not. Was he going to lose money if he stayed in hospital? Absolutely nothing to do with it (he's retired and it has no relevance, and anyway, that's not what I asked). However, within seconds of looking at the card, the thought came to me that he wouldn't be released from hospital and they would keep him overnight, because they would want to get rid of any poison/infection in his hand. (Reversed the pentacle dropping from his hand, so to speak). It was then blindingly obvious what the card was trying to tell me. Sure enough, he ended up staying overnight so they could drain the poison away.

That's just a small example of how a little "aha" moment can present itself. For me, as I said, they are not that often, I generally stick fairly closely to the "meanings" of the cards, but it is starting to happen.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't feel pressured whatever way you read the cards. You may stick with what you're doing, or you may find you start to change the way you read the cards, with more practice - nothing is set in stone.

Good luck on your journey!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Master
Talking

Huuumm I seem to be the only man on my thread, yipes the plot thickens ............
Old 01-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Huuumm I seem to be the only man on my thread, yipes the plot thickens ............

Nope, I'm a bloke too.

I have a few tarot books but cannot connect the meanings to the cards that way. I'm quite new on my spiritual journey but in the last two to three years I have never gave the book interpretations on a reading. I only use my intuition.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy
Nope, I'm a bloke too.
I was the only bloke here until you just arrived ................
Old 03-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
It's the same thing, whether you realize it or not. You're using your intuition when you're interpreting the cards and the cards have fallen into their place via quantum physics. It's all about energy and the connection to your subconscious.

This will explain that magical aspect of all the cards being in the right place at the right time: http://www.tarotmoon.com/articles/Quantum/quantum.html

Yeah had a read at tarotmoon interesting words on a subject most can not even begin to try to explain.
I also use the word sincronicity sk splg like every thing is connected so that is how it all works.