Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-07-2015, 09:19 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
job or chore, it is still spiritual and we do get to sit around and drink tea. or coffee, or beer. once they are older that is.

kk

Ah thats what you think ( sitting round drinking tea or coffee )
You then have Grandchildren ransacking your house, further down the line you have the Great Grandchildren screaming there lungs out, it's all good fun though and I love it .......
when they all go home...bliss
Old 25-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator
I think helping animals is a great job to do. Even scooping poop on a cold day, or filling up water bowls isn't necessarily un-spiritual if done with love and good humour, and care for your 'residents'.
But that said, I know that sometimes life gives us a little poke in the ribs that we need a change. To gain different experiences maybe.

There are many jobs which you could maybe take training for, such as Counsellor....therapist of some kind....the list is long. You could even maybe do the training without giving up your job until you get a qualification?
Old 27-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescreens
Okay, so it feels kinda weird to be asking this here since I usually don't post my own threads and when I have got little to no replies, but here goes...

I was wondering about what sort of jobs are out there with a sort of 'spiritual' nature to them. I suppose it could be something like a lifestyle, such as a yoga teacher... but other than that I'm clueless. Basically, what kinds of jobs do you know of/heard of can you live relaxed and care-free, but still part of society as a working citizen (as in, you don't have to take off to some exotic location or leave all your friends and family, etc...)

I'm asking mostly because I'm curious about it, not that my current job is bad, I love it... but it simply doesn't allow me to be laid back or social with people (I take care of animals). I'm not too sure what kind of schooling would be required to sit around and drink tea and give advice to people... lol, as if... but are there such things given you know your stuff or don't ask for money from anyone. I mean, I could be homeless begging for money and would be more likely to have a "religious experience" than working with doctors in in office.

I want to make it clear, I'm not complaining when I use that comparison I'm just trying to make my point on what exactly I'm asking. I guess it's sorta hard for me to ask a specific question with this, I just wanted to reach out to someone who might know what kind of jobs they've had doing things 'uncommon' or possibly newer I could someday look at as a long-term career.

Soo... basically... what's there out there for jobs in more "spiritual work"? if any. Thanks.
If there's nothing that comes to mind I'd still enjoy some conversation about just about anything. Peace~

I just wanted to chime in and say that this same question has been running through my mind for years now, and I even thought of posting a question/thread just like this - so you are definitely not alone in wondering. And while I get when a lot people say "every job can be spiritual, it's all how you approach it," and I totally agree with them to some extent, I think I can totally get the spirit with which you asked the question.

I am middle-aged, work in IT, and have a family to support, so the idea of "re-inventing myself" and doing something I truly love, although very intriguing, is unfortunately not very realistic or plausible at this point. That being said, if I were younger, or in a different position, I think I might pursue a career in counseling, or maybe even the holistic medical field, as I think those would be professions that I could find some real spiritual satisfaction in on a daily basis. And working with animals - I believe that if I were doing that in some kind of healing/helping manner, that might have a strong spiritual aspect to it too. Of course there is the other possibility, and that is winning the lottery so I could do my own spiritual thang! Lol. I'm not opposed to that at all haha!

For now, I just try to do the best I can at what I do, which I don't ever feel is as good as it could be for the simple fact that I'm just not that "into it," knowing that maybe someday, I will get the opportunity to try something else. Until then, I will just try to learn the spiritual lessons I can each day where I am, and keep praying for a new "job." Perhaps we should make a pact that if either of us ever wins the lottery or otherwise comes into $$$, we will start a spiritually-based company and hire the other lol

Many Blessings...

QKev
Old 26-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Guide

I think any job can favor spiritual growth.