Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you all, appreciate the kind thoughts.

Ah no, sharing this thread with my family would be a very bad idea. Trust me, lots of mental illness, repression and denial going on. They don't want to know how I feel or who I am. Mostly I'm at peace with that. I've moved on and don't see them so much. It's just hard to look back and see what might have been. I know families are far from perfect and lots of people feel the same.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:45 AM
B-bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalevine
Thank you all, appreciate the kind thoughts.

Ah no, sharing this thread with my family would be a very bad idea. Trust me, lots of mental illness, repression and denial going on. They don't want to know how I feel or who I am. Mostly I'm at peace with that. I've moved on and don't see them so much. It's just hard to look back and see what might have been. I know families are far from perfect and lots of people feel the same.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Ascender
Master, you are here from 2007.
That's cool.

Many, including me, still have this poverty.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
How do I heal loneliness that crops up from the past? I have made peace with my childhood generally speaking, but every so often I get triggered and the sadness floors me. Is it something that will always be part of me?

Emma if you perceive these feelings/emotions to be remnants from your past, the book 'The Untethered Soul' (Michael Singer) presents some excellent and very clear conceptualizations about the nature of emotional release and how that process helps free (liberate) us... You may find that text to be of assistance in helping you to understand what is transpiring within you when you find yourself feeling this emotional energy that was generated from earlier times in our lives.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen.Y
Master, you are here from 2007.
That's cool.

Many, including me, still have this poverty.

Me too. Thanks for sharing, it's a great quote.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-bird

Thank you
Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Emma if you perceive these feelings/emotions to be remnants from your past, the book 'The Untethered Soul' (Michael Singer) presents some excellent and very clear conceptualizations about the nature of emotional release and how that process helps free (liberate) us... You may find that text to be of assistance in helping you to understand what is transpiring within you when you find yourself feeling this emotional energy that was generated from earlier times in our lives.

I've heard of that book, not sure where from. I don't think I've read it which is fairly unusual (I read a LOT, lol) so thanks, really appreciate the suggestion. I will look it up.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Seeker

I actually just posted this thought in the 'Death and Afterlife' forum. I thought I'd share- just to let you know that you're not alone

Quote:
I've had to spend a lot of time alone recently, which has been very hard for me.
I've been forced to really look inside of myself and analyze some things.

Intense feelings of loneliness have come up coupled with a fear of death, which is interesting because loneliness can increase the likelihood of an early death. (I'd post links to the studies- but I can't yet according to the site rules)
Premature death risk is increased by 14% in older people who are lonely.
Even when one is not an elderly, a consistent feeling of being lonely also poses an increase of 14% chance of dying early.
Loneliness has as much impact as being very poor and not having access to some privileges.
Staying in touch with friends, families and colleagues can lead to a longer life.

I'm in a really isolated place, where there simply aren't opportunities for social interaction.

My question to anyone who's interested is how do you deal with loneliness and isolation? I've looked at the research and most things say 'get out more', more or less. This isn't an option for me. What are your thoughts?

Thank you!
Old 14-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Knower

Quote:
How do I heal loneliness that crops up from the past? I have made peace with my childhood generally speaking, but every so often I get triggered and the sadness floors me. Is it something that will always be part of me? I find it so painful to deal with as my family are so different now and they have each other. I was the odd one out, the odd ball, and although I try to connect with them there's no real interest on their part. I have to accept that and move on, but for many reasons, past and present, it is very hard to do. I have always craved a deep connection but loneliness and being alone seem to be common themes. I've made some peace with this because I'm an introvert anyway, but I still crave a feeling of belonging.
We can never forget. The memories are always there, good or bad. Coming to terms with it? Well that won't help to solve anything. But we can get rid of the bad feelings attached to it.
The memory may stay but it does nothing to us and the feeling of example loneliness in your case will just go away. Despise of the feeling when it comes up. Say to yourself strongly and from the bottom of your heart that you no longer want it or need it.
Tell to that feeling, I d9nt want more I need you and ask God to take it away.
You know it might seem strange but more than often we are attached and bonded to our bad feelings. We just unconsciously want them for a reason or another.
You better bring yourself to a point that you wholeheartedly believe that you don't want it.
Don't stop. Practice this over and over again. At first you may say it by words in your mind but after sometime it will become automatic. Whenever it comes up it will take a split of a second. The process of not wanting it I mean.
And then they will just take it away from you.
Then you are left with some memories that they mean nothing to you in terms of feelings. Here I mean the memories that brought up the bad feelings in you.
Good luck
Old 14-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
How do I heal loneliness that crops up from the past? I have made peace with my childhood generally speaking, but every so often I get triggered and the sadness floors me. Is it something that will always be part of me? I find it so painful to deal with as my family are so different now and they have each other. I was the odd one out, the odd ball, and although I try to connect with them there's no real interest on their part. I have to accept that and move on, but for many reasons, past and present, it is very hard to do. I have always craved a deep connection but loneliness and being alone seem to be common themes. I've made some peace with this because I'm an introvert anyway, but I still crave a feeling of belonging.
We can never forget. The memories are always there, good or bad. Coming to terms with it? Well that won't help to solve anything. But we can get rid of the bad feelings attached to it.
The memory may stay but it does nothing to us and the feeling of example loneliness in your case will just go away. Despise of the feeling when it comes up. Say to yourself strongly and from the bottom of your heart that you no longer want it or need it.
Tell to that feeling, I d9nt want more I need you and ask God to take it away.
You know it might seem strange but more than often we are attached and bonded to our bad feelings. We just unconsciously want them for a reason or another.
You better bring yourself to a point that you wholeheartedly believe that you don't want it.
Don't stop. Practice this over and over again. At first you may say it by words in your mind but after sometime it will become automatic. Whenever it comes up it will take a split of a second. The process of not wanting it I mean.
And then they will just take it away from you.
Then you are left with some memories that they mean nothing to you in terms of feelings. Here I mean the memories that brought up the bad feelings in you.
Good luck