Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-04-2015, 04:04 AM
Master
I don't believe its our job to try and pursued anyone to believe, as with ourselves, it came to us when we were ready to receive without another trying to pursued us into it....(mostly I think)......just be yourself and know what you are experiencing is real....speak of it to others if you wish, but be accepting of their disbelief......once a seed is planted then anything can happen......it may or may not open them up to possibilities.....every person has their own reasons for believing or not believing, some just know and need no convincing or persuasion...Don't feel angry or frustrated toward another for not seeing as you do.....that is not walking the path of light......just allow and be grateful for the gift that you have of being aware as you are.....its quite a blessing to have awareness......every person will in their own time this one or another will eventually experience awakening to the Divineness of spirit and Source.....which is what we truly are.....many blessings to you.....
Old 01-04-2015, 05:08 AM
Master
There's still people who think the world is flat and others who think we faked the landing on the moon.
It's okay, believing that doesn't change anything.
People believe what they need to believe for the walk of life they are in. And that's okay too.
Just love them for where they are, no one is learning anything more valid or important than anyone else. They are where they need to be to learn what they want to learn.

There are others who will very much understand you - they are your contemporary's - with them you share as an equal and with others be where they are. Share with them only on the level they are comfortable at - this is love in action.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11oris11
Hi Blufonsy,
I have found that using my awareness of truth in my own life and being an example motivates people to ask questions because they are open to hearing answers.

This is really good and what I've been trying to do. Rather letting my knowledge make me seem like a know it all I use it to improve myself, how I treat people and hopefully my friends will see a change.
If it has a tangible effect and benefit, it's no longer just waffles, it's real
Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
So enlightening people about life after death is always a good thing.

Death is a taboo subject for many people. They don't want to think or talk about it. But for most of them in their heart of hearts they do want to know it won't be the end, neither for them or their loved ones, and that everything will be okay.

I do think I should try to be honest, because there are so many people unnecessarily scared of death, not out of not wanting to believe, but because they can't see how this is all true because humans have been robbed of their spiritual heritage.

I kind of see why they would not believe tbh, I really do just feel like I should at least try without being pushy or aggressive
Old 05-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Guide

Personally I make no effort to persuade or convince anyone of anything. This isn't because I don't want them to understand how I see things, and comprehend what I believe to be Truth.

It's because I understand now that telling people things that they are not ready to hear frightens them.

Yes "frightens." And when people are frightened they will often do strange things. They may lash out in anger, shout, belittle, mock, or they may call you crazy.

But if a person around me seems ready to consider other viewpoints, I will cautiously share a bit or two of how I see things. If they don't react adversely, I may share a bit more. I never have any intention of "opening their eyes" or convincing them of anything.

The best way to convince someone, in my experience, is to have a person receive a truly convincing visit from a spirit through a really good medium. But clearly that doesn't happen every day, nor could you drag most people to a medium for such a reading.

By talking with a loved one who is actually on the other side, they will have little choice but to contemplate, wonder, and quite possibly accept that there is an afterlife and that death isn't such an awful thing.

So I'd suggest backing away from these topics when with your non-believing friends and family. Bring it up only if they raise the subject, and even then be gentle with your presentation.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Master
There's no real way to really prove anything to anyone.

They have to convince themselves, through their own research and reasoning.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Master

A very smart man died in the late 1800s or early 1900s . After his death he gave pices of info about his life to different psychics all over the world , that did not know each other . It was only when they met each other and put all the info togher that they know who it had come from . But nothing is 100 % , there are still people that believe that the earth is flat .
Old 05-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Experiencer
## Self policing - removed previous comment

What purpose would proving an "after life" exists serve?

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 20-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Seeker

Knowing there is an Afterlife

[QUOTE) What purpose would proving an "after life" exists serve?[/quote]

When I was faced with a possible terminal illness, my Christian upbringing was not enough to dispel the fear I felt about what would happen to me after death. It wasn't a crisis of faith, but wanting to know more specifics about what happens. I started reading all the near death books, reincarnation, what other religions had to say, and after a time, I became a firm believer in reincarnation which answered a lot of questions Ministers had not been able to address. But I still wanted to know more, and studied past life regression for healing, which led to interviewing parents whose child had died and contacted them from the other side, through various means...Knowing more about the afterlife and after death communication helped to ease my grief when my family members and husband of 45 years died. When people understand that consciousness survives physical death, that there is an afterlife and we are always connected with our loved ones, that can eliminate the fear of death so many have, ease grief for those of us left behind, and maybe even help people realize the concept of karma- that what we do in this lifetime we reap in the next stage of our soul's journey.
Old 21-04-2015, 01:43 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11oris11
When I was faced with a possible terminal illness, my Christian upbringing was not enough to dispel the fear I felt about what would happen to me after death. It wasn't a crisis of faith, but wanting to know more specifics about what happens. I started reading all the near death books, reincarnation, what other religions had to say, and after a time, I became a firm believer in reincarnation which answered a lot of questions Ministers had not been able to address. But I still wanted to know more, and studied past life regression for healing, which led to interviewing parents whose child had died and contacted them from the other side, through various means...Knowing more about the afterlife and after death communication helped to ease my grief when my family members and husband of 45 years died. When people understand that consciousness survives physical death, that there is an afterlife and we are always connected with our loved ones, that can eliminate the fear of death so many have, ease grief for those of us left behind, and maybe even help people realize the concept of karma- that what we do in this lifetime we reap in the next stage of our soul's journey.

I do understand what you are saying; however, everything that you said is based on the faith you have in a belief system without proof. The point I was making is that a "non-believer" is not a non-believer because of a lack of evidence. They are a non-believer because of a lack of faith.

I do not believe showing a non-believer evidence of proof of an after-life would have any influence in changing hearts and minds into a belief in the after-life. Just as the same would hold true if I showed evidence of proof there is no afterlife would have much, if any influence toward you doubting the faith you have in your belief system. Hence my comment - "What purpose would it serve?".

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung