Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 17-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Were does your soul reside.
I hear people say its deep in your heart,middle of your head?
So were do u think it is located at??
What is your soul exactly??
thanks

Most Mystics and "Wise Ones" versed in the Ancient Wisdom agree we do not have a singular personal soul but all life shares an entanglement with ONE all pervading universal Spirit. You are a piece of physical biological hardware logged in to a Cosmic web called Akasha. (Akashic Records). We are units of awareness feeding presence and experience to the Web.
Old 17-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Yes, I left my body while fully awake once and I can concur with the experience you so beautifully described. It was so easy at the time that I still can't understand why we can't leave our body at will, and as often as we'd like to.
The mystery to me is, "what is it that keeps us so absolutely attached while alive"? My body did just fine while I was separate, so our presence in this physical medium should, ideally, be optional.

That's fascinating, organic. And your question is interesting. I thought about it and am left wondering how long the body would do well without it. I don't know, of course, but this is a very interesting thing to ponder. Would it be okay for minutes? Hours? Days? Forever?

And then I read StormNexus's post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNexus
I would have typed the very same thing. I have also experienced the "fullness" of the soul through every cell of my body.

You said it better than I did. Thank you.

Quote:
Now, to turn this question over and expand the scope of the discussion, I would suggest there is no "end" to the soul we have in our bodies in the conventional sense. What I believe, and modern science can show us, is that 99.9999999% of all matter is "empty" space. Visualize that empty space for a moment - the space between even the densest atom's neutrons, protons and electrons; and then find the "end" of that space... you can't. It extends infinitely in all directions. I believe that it is this space that contains what we think of as "God" because it is the single-largest-connected "thing" in the universe, and it is in each of us.

Perhaps this is the answer to the pondering that organicborn's post caused me to do. Maybe it's precisely because the soul is infinite.

Old 18-04-2015, 03:06 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Everly, I would have typed the very same thing. I have also experienced the "fullness" of the soul through every cell of my body.

Now, to turn this question over and expand the scope of the discussion, I would suggest there is no "end" to the soul we have in our bodies in the conventional sense. What I believe, and modern science can show us, is that 99.9999999% of all matter is "empty" space.

This means of course that we're living within a dream. That all content is essentially imaginary, and that thought is operating within a void. This really isn't as odd as it seems. I've had numerous lucid dreams that felt every bit as real as this physical world and yet they were clearly dreams. I would touch things, hear stuff, I could smell and see with similar clarity as I currently do now. It may be that physical reality is just one massively complex and comparatively stable lucid dream. It certainly doesn't appear to be remotely solid based on the known science that you noted above!
Old 18-04-2015, 03:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
That's fascinating, organic. And your question is interesting. I thought about it and am left wondering how long the body would do well without it. I don't know, of course, but this is a very interesting thing to ponder. Would it be okay for minutes? Hours? Days? Forever?
Hard to say, of course. I couldn't hazard a guess based on one episode that only lasted about a minute or so. But considering that our bodies have been running under their own steam, since conception, then I'm thinking it may carry-on for some time. We "consciously" have essentially no say in the inner workings of our bodies. For millions of years it's been fine tuned to operate as a complex self perpetuating organism, with our thinking-self simply hunting down food (which the body tells us it wants and then digests it without our assist). Current studies of the brain suggest that much of what goes on there, as well, is beyond our influence and conscious control. Large swaths of our attachment with the world appears to be programed in much the way that each animal, and insects are, with predetermined caricaturists and traits. Our soul-selves may only represent the smallest fraction of what's present when we consider personality and presence.

"Enlightenment" in itself is perhaps elusive because we'd be having to "leave" the focused confines of our current physical programing, in order to touch on that which transcends this rather potent/perpetual lucid dream?
Old 18-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Whats Next

Like the Aura we see.

Much like the way Everly expressed their [concise] thoughts of soul location or what have you, the soul is in every moment and particle of our physical body until the moment it leaves upon death of the body.
Old 19-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Ascender
In one sentence we can say it as the pure consciousness.
Old 19-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Knower
I would say it is atomic in size but even that isn't the correct term as even the best microscope cannot see the soul.

http://vedabase.net/bg/2/17/en
Old 19-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Master
If we could move to the core, the center of a cell in our body and could move through it, we would reach consciousness, not the consciousnesses of our soul but that of this planet, since the body is part of the planet. To reach the soul we would have to use the spiritual self which is connected to the body, anchored at certain points some call chakras.
Some Indian practices focus toward the center of the body, about the area of the third chakra, the link between the physical and the spiritual. If you go deep enough you will see a light, and this is a connection point to the soul. There are other ways, but this is the simplest of all.
Old 26-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Newbie ;)

My soul is within me.
Old 26-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Master
Almost never, the soul can be anywhere within this verse, what is within your body, or should I say what occupies the same space as the body is your spirit.