Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Very interesting
Will keep that in mind.
My problem i have with the breath meditation is i cant help to control my breath
so today i meditated and found my breath is very short like i breath threw my nose to my chest that's it.people say its better if you breath to you stomach and out threw your nose.
Should i continue to breath by my self or control it to my stomach to breath deeper as it helps for stress???

For the purpose you earlier described, you found the breath was short and in the chest, and was best for you, and that is exactly right for that purpose you described, so your intuition is spot on, but because people always say some other kind of breathing, that makes you feel unsure, so let me reassure you, your intuition is showing you what is most suitable, and you're doing just the right thing with normal breathing.

I will add... during the meditation you might find that the breath changes... becomes deeper or shallower or speeds up or slows down, in which case, just let it do what it wants. Your job is just observe. The breath works all by itself.

I would like to suggest, if I may, that you remain with what you are doing. Always return attenion to the breath, just as you first said. You will realise how distracted you are and notice the nature of the distraction, but it's the same meditation that you started, so return to breath. Keep this meditation, and don't do meditations that others suggest. You will see that the progression from the breath to the body in the way Jonesboy described is a completely natural progression, and you won't have to try, one day you'll notice a different kind of feeling arise in the body somewhere, and then it'll be intuitive to you. All you have come too intuitively so far, by starting on breath then going with the normal shallow breath is most suitable for the purpose you first said, so stick to that, remain with breath.
Old 20-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Ascender
Hey anthony how has your progress gone so far?
Old 20-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
For the purpose you earlier described, you found the breath was short and in the chest, and was best for you, and that is exactly right for that purpose you described, so your intuition is spot on, but because people always say some other kind of breathing, that makes you feel unsure, so let me reassure you, your intuition is showing you what is most suitable, and you're doing just the right thing with normal breathing.

I will add... during the meditation you might find that the breath changes... becomes deeper or shallower or speeds up or slows down, in which case, just let it do what it wants. Your job is just observe. The breath works all by itself.

I would like to suggest, if I may, that you remain with what you are doing. Always return attenion to the breath, just as you first said. You will realise how distracted you are and notice the nature of the distraction, but it's the same meditation that you started, so return to breath. Keep this meditation, and don't do meditations that others suggest. You will see that the progression from the breath to the body in the way Jonesboy described is a completely natural progression, and you won't have to try, one day you'll notice a different kind of feeling arise in the body somewhere, and then it'll be intuitive to you. All you have come too intuitively so far, by starting on breath then going with the normal shallow breath is most suitable for the purpose you first said, so stick to that, remain with breath.

Hey Gem
Thanks for your advise.
I am still doing the same meditation and will stick to just observe my breath
even if its shallow.I will try to not control my breath.
thanks
Old 20-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaraq18
Hey anthony how has your progress gone so far?
Hey vitaraq
I have only started on Monday and 1 meditation i concentrated well but
the rest i am almost falling asleep so at the moment not so good but i only
started.Have to be patient and time to get back to were i was.
Thanks for asking
Old 20-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Good post Gem
Old 26-02-2015, 03:27 AM
Seeker
Anthony,

Just doing that is a huge step in becoming more aware. You noticed the thought happening, but did you notice what noticed the thought? There is space within your thoughts, by stopping it you should be able to notice more form to your consciousness. When you halt your thoughts you notice yourself.

What I should say is, how did you halt your thoughts?
Old 26-02-2015, 03:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hey Gem
Thanks for your advise.
I am still doing the same meditation and will stick to just observe my breath
even if its shallow.I will try to not control my breath.
thanks

Sometimes I notice than when I observe the breath, it feels as though I'm starting to control it. I don't why that is, but I don't try not to and I also don't try to. I just go with it. After a little while it settles down anyway, and I just observe.
Old 26-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Hi Anthony!
You stopped a thought in the middle of it...great!
So now you learned you have the power to do that.

You can think your thoughts anytime, all the time...
meditation is to go beyond your thoughts ...where stillness is ...where
'something else' dwells ...this differs from the mindfulness style...
be mindful when you tie your shoe.

Meditation is perfect concentration on a perfect thing.
If you want to concentrate on a mantra or candle or watch your thoughts...fine...
I do not call that mediation, nor would many gurus and yogis.
(And this is not to argue...different styles, diff techniques for everyone...1000 paths to the same place, it is said.)

All concentrated focus, even on a candle quiets the mind and is a good thing, don't get me wrong.
Mindfulness is fine, don't get me wrong.
But, stillness...is another 'realm'.... to reach a transcendent state...will not
be so easy peacefully watching your thoughts.

So, my input is watch those thoughts while sitting at a red light, ponder them, contemplate them to your heart's content!

Meditation is stillness...perfect stillness...let you mind enter into an altered state of awareness and
experience the magic, the wonder of what is inside you that has no thought...but where there is pure awareness...
perhaps of that power that is keeping your body warm right now...that essence that
dwells in all that is making your fingernails grow at this second...your thoughts will not take you there.

But, hey...different strokes, different goals, different intents in different people.
Just presenting a different view on meditation...and on 'thoughts'.

I am closer to Human's post, btw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human
Anthony,

Just doing that is a huge step in becoming more aware. You noticed the thought happening, but did you notice what noticed the thought? There is space within your thoughts, by stopping it you should be able to notice more form to your consciousness. When you halt your thoughts you notice yourself.

What I should say is, how did you halt your thoughts?

Hi Human
Is the awareness that you feel is that myself is that what you saying?
How should i notice that between the thoughts?
I stop my thoughts like in the middle of the thought i notice it and i just there and then go back to be aware of my breathing.
Old 26-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Anthony!
You stopped a thought in the middle of it...great!
So now you learned you have the power to do that.

You can think your thoughts anytime, all the time...
meditation is to go beyond your thoughts ...where stillness is ...where
'something else' dwells ...this differs from the mindfulness style...
be mindful when you tie your shoe.

Meditation is perfect concentration on a perfect thing.
If you want to concentrate on a mantra or candle or watch your thoughts...fine...
I do not call that mediation, nor would many gurus and yogis.
(And this is not to argue...different styles, diff techniques for everyone...1000 paths to the same place, it is said.)

All concentrated focus, even on a candle quiets the mind and is a good thing, don't get me wrong.
Mindfulness is fine, don't get me wrong.
But, stillness...is another 'realm'.... to reach a transcendent state...will not
be so easy peacefully watching your thoughts.

So, my input is watch those thoughts while sitting at a red light, ponder them, contemplate them to your heart's content!

Meditation is stillness...perfect stillness...let you mind enter into an altered state of awareness and
experience the magic, the wonder of what is inside you that has no thought...but where there is pure awareness...
perhaps of that power that is keeping your body warm right now...that essence that
dwells in all that is making your fingernails grow at this second...your thoughts will not take you there.

But, hey...different strokes, different goals, different intents in different people.
Just presenting a different view on meditation...and on 'thoughts'.

I am closer to Human's post, btw.
Hi Mam
Could you please explain what Human is talking about between the thoughts??
What type of meditation do u do and suggest i do to do real meditation??
I really want to do it right please.
My goal is to be a better person,get closer to GOD and to beat my shyness and concentrate better.
Please could u help me
Thanks Mam