Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
How can a fruit ripen that has not yet seen the light of day .
The question is how does one bring the light of day into the process. In other words, the consciousness steps that are involved. It's a completely valid spiritual developmental question. How does one learn otherwise? We don't have to sit around in the dark, we can create light.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The question is how does one bring the light of day into the process. In other words, the consciousness steps that are involved. It's a completely valid spiritual developmental question. How does one learn otherwise? We don't have to sit around in the dark, we can create light.

I understand the question .

For me the question prompted another question .

For those that sit in the dark are experiencing the dark .

The light is noticed only by those that are able to see it .

What can one do .. something or nothing, I would say do whatever comes your way thats if something comes at all .

x daz x
Old 08-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
For those that sit in the dark are experiencing the dark .
The light is noticed only by those that are able to see it .

What can one do .. something or nothing, I would say do whatever comes your way thats if something comes at all .
There wouldn't be any point to discussion forums if that were true. We'd all just be sitting around waiting for whatever comes our way, instead of asking for advice and helping each other move out of the dark and into the light. What "comes one's way" has much to do with those insights and ideas that come about from sharing with others.

Those that sit in the dark are not required to sit in darkness.
The light is noticed by those who ask others to help them see it.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
There wouldn't be any point to discussion forums if that were true. We'd all just be sitting around waiting for whatever comes our way, instead of asking for advice and helping each other move out of the dark and into the light. What "comes one's way" has much to do with those insights and ideas that come about from sharing with others.

There is plenty to discuss or not to discuss . Depends on what floats your boat . I could suggest for another to do what I did over the last 20 years and they may get nothing or very little from it . What came to the fore within my awareness came to the fore because of 'I' and nobody else .

What arises comes from within. However, suggestions made from others can be helpful for sure .

I noticed my time of darkness and I noticed the light after such a period . I could suggest to the man in the dark to hum a little, perhaps shake a rattle, have a beer or two but it may not make a blind bit of difference to that the man in the dark experiencing the dark through his own making .

My point in making is how to ripen a fruit that has not yet seen the light of day .

What does one do ..

I suppose one could try anything that worked for someone else .

It could be said why does something work for some and not work for others ,

Then we may be getting closer to an answer that will relate to the one asking the question .

x daz x
Old 08-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Master
It is complicated, is it the inner self the true self? Or is the outside self the true self?

We definitely use different masks for different social circles in this world, that is the beautiful human play, just like broadway.

I think the best question would be, why do my inner self acts like that? why do I choose to interpret that role in the play? why do I need this mask? :)
The mask is a symbol that help us to find out our virtudes and defects, is better than a mirror.

When you find out that probably you'll know that you are not separate at all
Old 08-08-2014, 02:16 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur-de-Frost
This is one of my favorite quotes:

“There is a mysterious force inside that animates you. It is covered up by thoughts and the mind’s ideas about who and what you are. But all true spiritual teachings point away from a fascination with the little “me” and toward a fascination with that mystery under the thoughts. This is the fertile ground for awakening. Once the mystery wakes up to itself it realizes that this is what it truly is and has always been, but it can not be described.”

and, put more simply,

"inside us there is a word we cannot pronounce and that is who we are."

I feel who I truly am when I meditate, when I practice yoga, and when I'm spending time within my internal reality. But it seems like once that's done - once I open my eyes or once I'm off my mat - I'm someone else entirely. The "little me" described in the first quote. It's a jarring and conflicting sensation, almost like I'm two separate beings. It feels like I'm fake or acting out a role I don't want to play.

So, my question is, how can we merge our inner selves to match our external role? How can we make that "mysterious force" harmonize with our superficial identity?

By giving purpose to it all, as one...

Thank you for your help :)

Old 10-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
This, I like ...:)
Thank you, feel free to steal it.

Quote:

No it's not required to sit in the darkness but it can have its uses, if only that it leads to the need/want to find the Light. The darkness is probably humankind's most primeval fear, born from a time when we were prey to sabre tooth tigers and the like. The darkness can be a scary place where monsters of the imagination are born or it can have as much comfort as the womb from which we all came. Sitting in the dark creates two experiences, one to find the Light and the other to shine their Light in the darkness. And when you see someone find their own Light there's no better feeling in this Universe, there is Love and Honour when a Soul sits in darkness to create those experiences for each other.

Quote:
It could be said why does something work for some and not work for others

The creation of experience, the energy flow between two beings, the opportunity to learn, Unconditional Love in motion...
Old 10-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
This is one of my favorite quotes:

“There is a mysterious force inside that animates you. It is covered up by thoughts and the mind’s ideas about who and what you are. But all true spiritual teachings point away from a fascination with the little “me” and toward a fascination with that mystery under the thoughts. This is the fertile ground for awakening. Once the mystery wakes up to itself it realizes that this is what it truly is and has always been, but it can not be described.”

and, put more simply,

"inside us there is a word we cannot pronounce and that is who we are."

I feel who I truly am when I meditate, when I practice yoga, and when I'm spending time within my internal reality. But it seems like once that's done - once I open my eyes or once I'm off my mat - I'm someone else entirely. The "little me" described in the first quote. It's a jarring and conflicting sensation, almost like I'm two separate beings. It feels like I'm fake or acting out a role I don't want to play.

So, my question is, how can we merge our inner selves to match our external role? How can we make that "mysterious force" harmonize with our superficial identity?

Thank you for your help :)

the mysterious force can relate to your superficial identity but not vice versa. you are afraid to be nothing (which is what we are anyway) so you want to take your innanities with you..but this can't happen. when you see they're innane, actually, not theoretically or according to someone elses line of thought, they'll stop and then "you" can relate back to that force...or rather you'll be that force, maybe.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 10-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Master

Hi Fleur-de-Frost,
Quote:
It may be worth considering, that when feeling awareness harmonizes with the nature of human mindfulness, intuition may be recognized to harmonize both sensitivity and thoughtfulness, intuitively. As a feeling thoughtfulness may become a thoughtful feeling, the harmonization of intuitive thoughtfulness and intuitive feeling, may reflect the formless into the formed nature of human understanding in awareness. For it may be in their difference that their sameness is clouded rather than clarified.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Master
I think it has alot to do with sight... when I find myself lookin' to and fro at all the stuff I'm kinda the action of that and often get lost in it but then I can also have a memory of the peace etc and then find myself just lookin' at clouds and trees which seem to be more at peace and within stillness.

In that regard it's expanding awareness, not just of the eyes and sight, but feelin' our feet and hands moving, breathing etc. This naturally brings watching.