Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Master
I don't think the question posed is anything more than a quest for falsity to be used as a pulpit to spruik greater wisdom. It's not actually about getting to know eachother.

The Tao refers to the darkness from which darkness comes and I think thats where the notion of 'what we really are' comes from, because the loving joy of self realization comes from the knowing of that peotically expressed presence.

But... to ask who am I is merely to say I'm Gem and have other names, I've here and like that, was born in somwhere etc and so on but really I can't post my entire auto biography.

To know who I am will take time to cultivate a deep trust, develope some intimacy, brotherhood... then you become aquainted with my resolve integrity vunerability and such subtle nuances.

It's not to lure me into claiming my fundamental existence only to have it dismissed by the opposite view.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Master
be what ever and whom ever you want to be Gem.
such is the dynamics of our fundamental existence.
you don't have to be felt dismissed by anyone's posts.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Master
Once we give up not only the idea of "I" but also the idea of "no I" and look into the quiet space of our own being.... well... just look and listen and see and feel who or what is there.

Xan

Old 02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
i can feel you.
and so to say I am the "I" is to put the cart before the horse conceptualization.

I woke up from a dead sleep early this morning with the thought that there is no feeling of oneness anymore. I tried to make that into that there is no oneness which was quickly seen as perhaps the connection I felt so strongly and is now replaced by utter aloneness was not really oneness. This is not james aloneness either.....it is different.
So yes, I use to feel the 'you's' out there and nature but seemingly not any more.
Don't know what to make of it but I'll let you know when I know........
James
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Once we give up not only the idea of "I" but also the idea of "no I" and look into the quiet space of our own being.... well... just look and listen and see and feel who or what is there.

Xan

Yes, that is where "I am" and all I am saying is there is noone there with me, where before there was everyone there with me.
Not that I don't acknowledge 'you', it is that you are seperate from me so this me or this space does not include you or even me so to speak.
Kinda wierd if you ask me...................like who would want this.
nice post Xan...James
Old 02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
be what ever and whom ever you want to be Gem

such is the dynamics of our fundamental existence. .

Thank God for that, the 'Really Are' was really getting to me.
Quote:
you don't have to be felt dismissed by anyone's posts.

What? Not even yours?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Thank God for that, the 'Really Are' was really getting to me.

What? Not even yours?

yes, i was not even addressing you.
but you seem to have a habit of picking them up and smash yourself with it,
in your own subtle way this is how you dismiss other posts specially to the one's your critical about.
i wouldn't mind if you do, but don't pretend your not doing it!

Last edited by hybrid : 02-12-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't think the question posed is anything more than a quest for falsity to be used as a pulpit to spruik greater wisdom. It's not actually about getting to know eachother.

yes, it's about getting to know yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_thyself

and calling it a falsity just to squirk wisdom is to put an evil intent to the motive of the poster of this thread. i can be mean but this is something i wouldn't cross the line.

Quote:
The Tao refers to the darkness from which darkness comes and I think thats where the notion of 'what we really are' comes from, because the loving joy of self realization comes from the knowing of that peotically expressed presence.

the OP question refers to advaita. not tao.
you're making it obvious that to you advaita is a falsity. then you present tao as the truth.
that is not tao.

Quote:
But... to ask who am I is merely to say I'm Gem and have other names, I've here and like that, was born in somwhere etc and so on but really I can't post my entire auto biography.

nope self inquiry is not like that.
it's not about i am this, i am that.
it's I am not this , i am not that.
if you don't like it, chill out.

Quote:
To know who I am will take time to cultivate a deep trust, develope some intimacy, brotherhood... then you become aquainted with my resolve integrity vunerability and such subtle nuances.

the OP is not posted to know each other. im not sure anyone here is interested to understand your virtues and hang-ups.

it's to know yourself. there is a place for knowing one another. and if you have no problem and struggle with your own identity, fine and good, but that doesn't mean you can twist the thread to your own agenda. try to address the question in an objective way, iow, try not to think that's this is all about you.

Quote:
It's not to lure me into claiming my fundamental existence only to have it dismissed by the opposite view.

honestly how would you prefer someone to reply to this rant?
i have addressed this in a nice way and all i got is a sarcastic reply.
so let's start all over again your cynical way.

Last edited by hybrid : 02-12-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 AM
pre-dawn

The "I" is a node of experience and action.
It's foundation can be found in the experience of the body which has to learn the difference between self and not-self. This learning occurs within the first 3 days of our life and is automatic an unconscious.
The "I" is the expression of the same process, self and not-self, on a mental level.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Yes, that is where "I am" and all I am saying is there is noone there with me, where before there was everyone there with me.
Not that I don't acknowledge 'you', it is that you are seperate from me so this me or this space does not include you or even me so to speak.
Kinda wierd if you ask me...................like who would want this.
nice post Xan...James

Yes, it's kinda weird but as we keep going we discover that this "no one here but me" isn't the whole story. In this space all of us are connected... not like we're used to but in a very subtle way.

Xan