Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 30-11-2010, 08:40 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Mac, did you notice that I recommended READING the book first. The movie is good, but the book is so much better. As one who has been there, the books explaination is fairly accurate.

I'm going to be slaughtered for this,but I think the movie was rubbish.

. (Me!)

Deepsea xx
Old 30-11-2010, 08:51 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea

. (Me!)

Deepsea xx

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, J.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:52 PM
mac

How is your eye, J?
Old 30-11-2010, 09:01 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
How is your eye, J?

Hopefully,I will find out on the 23rd December,Mac.
More tests,drat it!
Will let you and Z know after that.
J.
Old 30-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea

. (Me!)

Deepsea xx

Deepsea, I have come to respect you too much to "slaughter " you for your opinion! Don't be silly! To each their own, I say. We all have different beliefs and that is what makes us unique. I TRY not to pressure ANYONE to belief what I believe. I offer it and seeds may grow or not. But I do recommend reading the book before watching the movie, just as I would say "read Gone with the Wind before watching it.
Old 30-11-2010, 09:44 PM
mac

"But I do recommend reading the book before watching the movie, just as I would say "read Gone with the Wind before watching it."

I take the stance that unless I know exactly what someone else likes or dislikes, I won't recommend anything to anyone or say what they should do....

I apply that principle in all matters.
Old 30-11-2010, 09:48 PM
mac

"We all have different beliefs and that is what makes us unique." Some of us share the same understandings and yet we are still unique...

We are each unique for a whole raft of reasons - belief is only one of them.
Old 30-11-2010, 10:12 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Deepsea, I have come to respect you too much to "slaughter " you for your opinion! Don't be silly! To each their own, I say. We all have different beliefs and that is what makes us unique. I TRY not to pressure ANYONE to belief what I believe. I offer it and seeds may grow or not. But I do recommend reading the book before watching the movie, just as I would say "read Gone with the Wind before watching it.

That was the trouble,Summerland,I read the book before I saw the movie.
It ruined the movie for me.
Richard Mathieson wrote other books but none as good as 'Dreams may Come'.

What a lovely compliment,thank you.
Deepsea. xx
Old 30-11-2010, 10:18 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"But I do recommend reading the book before watching the movie, just as I would say "read Gone with the Wind before watching it."

I take the stance that unless I know exactly what someone else likes or dislikes, I won't recommend anything to anyone or say what they should do....

I apply that principle in all matters.

Excellent piece of good advice,Mac.
You are a man after my own heart.
My pet hate is someone who says to me 'you should try this or that, I just know you will love it'.........................
J.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Serenity Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

And this is meaningless... "Some spirit can come through the same day and some take months to learn, but as a norm we say 6 months."

You may say 6 months as a norm but we don't.

I am speaking as a medium with 28 years experience and having been trained by some of the best in the Uk. I dont think the likes of Albert Best, Glyn Edwards, Mary Duffy and so on, are wrong do you!

Isnt it amazing how some just love to high jack a thread (What Dreams May Come) about something totally unrelated to the question posed in the first place.