Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
In my opinion the only thing that dictates the metaphysical properties and characteristics of a stone is their chemical and elemental composition and rarely if ever are the trumped up stories created by the same money grubbers real or accurate. And even if they were all truthful and accurate there is never a guarantee that a stone is going to do what others claim for you because we all react differently to different chemicals and elements no different than medications. This is why I now emphasize self-discovery and going into working with a stone with a clean-slate instead of going off of what others (including the greedy authors and metaphysical dealers) claim. Because by doing that you are focusing only on what you expect to happen which usually ends up meaning you miss everything else and that everything else is far more important than the expectations created by a greedy author. That everything else is what a stone does for you personally and personal experience should always come before someone else's claims in my opinion.

I find reading Gienger helpful. Reading a text, rather than relying completely on yourself does mean you're not operating with a blank slate, but it gives you something to contrast/compare to your own experiences. In other words, I think you might notice something you wouldn't notice otherwise. I find that all the time. I don't always have the experience that Gienger speaks of, but when I do, then I can use the stone he attributes a quality to in the way he suggests. When I have a different experience than what he suggests, I make a new template for myself with that stone. This is how I come to understand how stones work for me.

When I've tested what Simmons says, I find myself not experiencing what he says. I could imagine that he makes stuff up just to get money. It fits my experiences as I work with stones he speaks of. But I haven't tested him as much as I've tested Gienger. Gienger seems to lead me somewhere helpful, but mostly, so far, Simmons seems to waste my time.
Old 14-06-2014, 03:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Wow. You seem angry, Astral Explorer. I must say, however, that I am uncomfortable with the Robert Simmons texts. They don't speak to me. I trust Michael Gienger, though he mostly deals with the physical. I am not sure about Judy Hall. I am more receptive to her than Simmons, but it it Gienger who I feel most comfortable with and trusting of. I just wish he did more with other crystals.
Honestly I'm not angry at all nor was I when making that post. But I would be lying if I said the business practices of people like and similar to Robert Simmons doesn't bother me. Not only is he ripping off the unknowing people who don't know better but to believe what he says since he has such beautiful books (yes they are beautiful but unfortunately in my experience not realistic other than the physical descriptions) and his thriving company. What people don't see though is that he's going to the locations in which these minerals were mined and paying dirt cheap prices to the poor miners who actually need the money. They are getting slave wages in many cases because they know that the stone is abundant, cheap, and none of the things Robert Simmons turns around and claims. Then he cranks the price up and makes insane profit margins while the actual people who did the work, the actual people who live in the place the stone was formed and mined, the people who need the money get leftover scraps in many cases. This is why I always try and buy my stones through a scientific dealer or community and not New Age. I've never heard of Geinger I will definitely check them out though thank you for the information.

It's so easy for people to believe that they are from here or they are from there, it's so easy for the mind to create these ideas and reinforce them with created images and false beliefs. In my opinion 90% of what is out there about crystals, gemstones, ancient races, extra-terrestrials, etc. is untrue and the other 10% is only true in some cases. I'm not saying the latter two don't exist but I just don't believe all of it is truthful it is so easy for authors to create these notions just to sell books and then the New Age community grabs on it and wants to be a part of it too, want to feel like they belong in some special E.T. or past-lives group... Working with a clean slate lets you experience what the stone does for you and not what you think it should be doing. I spend a lot of time in the spiritual dimensions and my experiences could make it very easy for me to claim I am from some ancient civilization, some distant planet, etc. But I just don't believe while we live as Human-beings we have any realistic and fool-proof way of knowing or proving this. I think the messed up state of our planet makes us desire and strive to know and believe that we are from some other world or time. It's a way to escape from this world and set yourself into a different one even if that world may not actually be real and factual. This is part of why I think having a clean-slate is a good idea because all of the people who claim to have been Arcturians, Lemurians, Pleadieans, etc. have read about them and then formed this idea, if they didn't know anything about those races prior then who knows what they would believe. But since I don't agree I'm going to chime out of this thread because I don't want it to appear like I'm personally attacking anyone's opinions or beliefs any further than just stating my own.
Old 14-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Master
Thank god we're not all that bitter ...

The one thing I have against Robert Simmons is that he patents crystals. How can you patent parts of Mother Earth? It's not his, he's not the president of some country, unless I missed something? It is so wrong to do this! Overly commercial, greedy, while ppl who work with crystals and sell them, should work from the heart, not from ego, power and greed.
I got both his books, the first appealed to me and I've used it a lot, but mostly read the bits that were written by the co-author Naica. Feels like she knows what she's talking about, he just managed to paint the picture that he is an authority (as far as I'm concerned). He's an obstacle for other, genuine ppl that want to sell crystals from the heart, so they become available to us.
Kind of peculiar that even in the wonderful world of crystals, wrong ppl do turn up?

I don't know Gienger either. Looked it up the other day, seems interesting!
Old 14-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Hit's so easy for the mind to create these ideas and reinforce them with created images and false beliefs.

Yes. That is possible. I think it depends on the person and how s/he operates. I tend to question everything. I tend to try it out for myself. I also tend to have trouble interpreting my own experiences. What I mean is, when what I experience doesn't fit with what I've been told is so, I get confused. But I am not able to let it go until I make sense of it.

I value what you've written here, Astral Explorer. When I read your first post to this thread, I was very depressed and so having trouble concentrating. (I struggle with depression and have been doing that more since my best friend died May 1.) Even though I was having trouble concentrating, I tried to read what you wrote and tried to take it in because it seemed important. I think it is good to consider all views. No one can see all views alone; we need each other to see the whole picture. I trust perspectives such as LoneFlower's that are formed in conjunction with others, with both parties initially unaware of how the two corroborate each other. Before getting "into" this stuff, I might have said, "Oh, come on!" even to that. But my own experiences since my son's death have opened me up in ways I could not have imagined and now I know these things can be. LoneFlower's perspective, coupled with your perspective Astral Explorer, gives a fuller, more accurate picture, one that I am more likely to trust than either singly.

I do think most people tend to be more gullible than I am, and I am sad about that. Even the gullible view offers something to the whole, though. It should not be dismissed, but rather added in to the mix that makes up the whole. The enthusiasm and willingness to believe offered by the "gullible" can temper the out and out refusal to even consider the metaphysical possibilities that some bring. (Please note that I am NOT saying that LoneFlower or anyone else posting to this thread is gullible.)
Old 28-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
... It's so easy for people to believe that they are from here or they are from there, it's so easy for the mind to create these ideas and reinforce them with created images and false beliefs. In my opinion 90% of what is out there about crystals, gemstones, ancient races, extra-terrestrials, etc. is untrue and the other 10% is only true in some cases. I'm not saying the latter two don't exist but I just don't believe all of it is truthful it is so easy for authors to create these notions just to sell books and then the New Age community grabs on it and wants to be a part of it too, want to feel like they belong in some special E.T. or past-lives group... Working with a clean slate lets you experience what the stone does for you and not what you think it should be doing...

...I think the messed up state of our planet makes us desire and strive to know and believe that we are from some other world or time. It's a way to escape from this world and set yourself into a different one even if that world may not actually be real and factual. This is part of why I think having a clean-slate is a good idea because all of the people who claim to have been Arcturians, Lemurians, Pleadieans, etc. have read about them and then formed this idea, if they didn't know anything about those races prior then who knows what they would believe.

This makes a lot of sense to me. Interesting and reasonable view indeed.
Old 29-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneFlower

I do agree that people react differently to chemicals, but when it comes to the fundamental energies of a particular stone or crystal, you can't lie about that. Even if the experiences in handling a crystal is different for every person, the one same thing is that they all pick up the same energy from it.
Metaphysical / spiritual properties aren't the same as a physical reaction to the chemical and elemental composition or an item. It's a bit like comparing a piece of wood paneling with a soft summer breeze, and saying they're the same thing.

To someone who can't sense the energy, and takes all of this strictly from a scientific viewpoint, I can understand how that line of thinking would be acceptable though. (heh. Go back about 14 years and I would've said that there wasn't any such thing as 'spiritual' anythings or energy or awareness.)

I'll second this, from my own experience I know I can pick up any crystal, shut my eyes and hold it for a minute and then give off the main properities of it and when I later go and look up that crystal and what it supposively does, what I got will match. I've done that with countless crystal types that at the time I didnt know.

So thou a crystal may have a stronger affect in a certain area then another (possibily giving a person more of what they need in an area the crystal carries a quality of), the crystals basically underlaying energy doesnt change.

To this topic, I havent felt a Lemurian crystal yet but I assume I will do when the time is right, I are interested in what they are going to feel like to me.

As someone here said, Lemurian energy would be completely different to Atlantian energy (Ive had a couple of Atlantian lifetimes that I remember bits of but so far havent remembered a Lemuarian lifetime thou I do have one weird memory of before I was properly physical and of coming down to this earth, a higher frequency memory.. I've no idea where that is from). Ive just brought a very expensive crystal cause its energy was very high and was affecting me, from Nambia.
Old 29-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Knower
Hello SeaDove and thanks for adding a bit more to this thread!

Quote:
To this topic, I havent felt a Lemurian crystal yet but I assume I will do when the time is right, I are interested in what they are going to feel like to me.
Yeah, when it comes to spiritual matters, I've noticed that a lot of stuff comes down to 'when the time is right'. Which makes sense. You don't want things happening to someone before they're prepared (on some level) for it to happen. Sorta like giving a gift of $1,000 to someone. Sure it can be given to them when they're 5 years old, but it won't really be useful to them. However, if it's given to them when they're 25, they can spend it (or save it) wisely and put it to good use. They'll know exactally how to use it.

That's pretty awesome that you have a memory from when you had a life at a higher frequency. That's not something I've heard a lot of, to be honest. You're only about the second or third person I've heard of with memories from there.

Quote:
Ive just brought a very expensive crystal cause its energy was very high and was affecting me, from Nambia.
I'm almost afraid to ask just how it was affecting you. o__oU
Though I'm not really one to comment about that. More than a few times I've had a crystal calling out to me in spirit, specificially to draw me to a certain location (a back shelf at a flea market once, a window shelf at a different flea market, once even to a corner in a museum's gift shop!) in order for me to 'rescue' it. Though I doubt that's the same as what you're referring to. ^_^U
Old 02-07-2014, 02:28 PM
abluesgirl

My Lemurian makes me nauseous when I hold it for extended periods of time.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneFlower
I'm almost afraid to ask just how it was affecting you. o__oU
Though I'm not really one to comment about that. More than a few times I've had a crystal calling out to me in spirit, specificially to draw me to a certain location (a back shelf at a flea market once, a window shelf at a different flea market, once even to a corner in a museum's gift shop!) in order for me to 'rescue' it. Though I doubt that's the same as what you're referring to. ^_^U

Yeah it wasnt like "come and rescue me" lol. The crystal was wanting to work on me to help me and calling me in that way. It was spontanously working on my energy in a very strong way. With a clarity and purity.