Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Pathfinder

can someone answer something for me, i didnt want to make a new thread just for this question.

I've been laying down doing relaxation/meditation towards an AP. After about 30-40 minutes (it always starts in my left leg) my muscles start to like seize up like theyre flexing, but im not willingly doing it. It happened today when i was trying the "roll out" method. I was mentally rocking back and forth when it happened. My whole leg felt tensed up and almost like it was falling asleep, and i started feeling it in my right arm. along with some twitches here and there.

Im just wondering if this is the onset of SP and i just need to wait longer. Or possibly i was subconsciously tightening my muscles while mentally rolling? At this point i am already heavy and numb.

I've only ever woken up in SP before, I've never successfully induced it, so i dont know what it feels like when it starts. Thanks for the help guys
Old 11-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Ryzaack

I also have no idea how it feels to induce a SP. I only experienced it by waking up into SP after already falling asleep. I'm not even convinced we can induce it without first being asleep.

I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question but I wanted to share some thoughts.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 PM
elisi

yep, very normal.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
yep, very normal.

so that tensed seized up feeling in my leg is the onset of SP? It was so strange, I've never felt it from start to finish, just woken up right at the end of it.

I was worried that i was somehow subconciously tightening my muscles. damn, i was so close to a projection this time. I could feel my energy increasing while i was mentally rolling my astral body back and forth. This is when i started seizing up(physically) Such a strange feeling, with the tightened up muscles but you can also tell that your limbs are still numb and relaxed at the same time.

aarrghhhh! lol
Old 11-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
I don't think it's really necessary to get hung up about sleep paralysis. While an OBE can happen as a result of it, in my own experiences, SP has only been present in ONE of my out of body experiences.
Yeah....I do know we are all different and all approach things in different ways, but I can't help thinking getting hung up on the mechanics of sleep paralysis is just a distraction, and can focus the mind more on the physical body, and sensations of the body instead of just getting out.
It isn't always experienced prior to an OBE.

My theory -which others may disagree with -is that it's a result of being focused on the physical body while the astral is trying to do its thing....so it's maybe a symptom of not really 'letting go'. The reason I say this is it only happened to me when I was so very unsure about what was happening and was still identifying with the physical. As soon as just let go of any connection with or awareness of the physical, it didn't happen again.

Now I presume my body might be in paralysis while my astral is out (? No idea) but I don't even care. It works when I come back! That's all I care about now.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Book1 heaven and astral projection

I've been wondering if u can go to heaven in the astral plane,please let me know if u can or not
Old 13-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator
It must depend on what you consider to be "Heaven".
Depending on your Soul vibration, it is very possible to access areas of the astral planes which are known as the High Astral. These are very fine zones with beautiful atmospheres and very loving Beings.
Of course bear in mind that there are states beyond and 'above' the astral world too.
Old 14-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Knower
SP is my method of achieving AP as I find it extremely easy to induce...my body is a sucker to be tricked into believing that Im asleep...within minutes Im paralysed and APing. I know not all people acheive AP this way, but after trying numerous methods I have found this to be the one that works best for me :)
I too sometimes get a tightening of my leg at the beginning, but I stretch as stretched as possible before relaxing, starting from my head...once my head is comfortable and my face has stretched and relaxed with my jaw loosely comfortable, I then relax my arms...while lying limp and relaxed and breathing softly and effortlessly my whole body first starts to feel heavy, almost sinking into the bed, as my third eye vision comes into focus and the vibrations start to fade my body goes from heavy to numb to light as a feather, as by the time the vibrations stop my conciousness is in my astral body and I can see clearly, its then I get up as normal.
On coming back to body, sometimes its fast, almost instant, usually if one of my lil ones wakes before Ive finnished my session...with fast reentering my body I have instant use of my physical body, but when I come back slowly, I justlay back into myself as if getting into bed before my session started, sometimes I get momentarily stuck in SP and I find a quick sharp breath in does the trick.
The more you practice, the easier everything will become and the better and more amazing the experience :)
I have felt the fear in my early SP days, I advise anyone wanting to overcome this to just relax, dont fight SP, embrace it...just remember that your conciousness can wander without your body and when your body is paralysed you are free to let your concious move without it...its a liberating experience...once I passed the fear I never had it again. Good luck in your travels and have fun⭐��⭐
Old 14-06-2014, 12:12 PM
CNC

I used to completely rely on SP to project too as it was the easiest way for me to AP. The more you do it you will be able to skip SP completely though. I rarely get it anymore and if I do it's just for a second or two.

Once out of sheer curiosity I tried to hold the SP state as long as I could. I don't know why, I'm just one of those people that likes to try things I guess. It was actually kind of cool. The TV was on in the background so I could see the glow and hear the sound ripples, hard to explain other than a feeling but raises a lot of questions as to how sub atomic particles and wave/particle energy works in this state, that some day I will have an answer for...
Old 19-06-2014, 06:29 AM
angel3d.arts

I get mini episodes of SP time to time but usually when I'm sleep deprived..it's not fun, but I'm trying to train myself to not panic because it feels like it gets worse if you panic...