Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Knower
To amend my question...has anybody read this and been upset or disturbed by it?
Old 21-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Master

It is my understanding there are many planes or "heavens" in the afterlife. The one where they eat, drink, have jobs is a much purer existence than here. There is no crime or secrets. A positive environment. But I believe you will go where you want to go. You aren't automatically put somewhere.

Wish what you want and you will go there. It helps to research the afterlife so you understand it and how it works. By reading many different authors you get a much broader and richer understanding of what comes after we die.

As for the book, vespa, it sounds interesting. I have many books on the afterlife and NDE's. I just checked and I don't have this one. Thanks!
Old 23-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Master

I have to say the book was comforting to me. I thought he put things together well whereas in other books the ideas of the afterlife were not as clear. I can't say he says anything too different than what the other books were saying but just clearer. I thought Newton's book on the afterlife were more disturbing.
Old 23-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
It is my understanding there are many planes or "heavens" in the afterlife. The one where they eat, drink, have jobs is a much purer existence than here. There is no crime or secrets. A positive environment. But I believe you will go where you want to go. You aren't automatically put somewhere.

Wish what you want and you will go there. It helps to research the afterlife so you understand it and how it works. By reading many different authors you get a much broader and richer understanding of what comes after we die.

This was a relief to me. The idea of learning, being enveloped in love, peace and light...those things appeal very much to me. Having to go through more jobs, eating, drinking, romantic entanglements...even in a more perfect world that this one just seems pointless to me.
Old 23-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I have to say the book was comforting to me. I thought he put things together well whereas in other books the ideas of the afterlife were not as clear. I can't say he says anything too different than what the other books were saying but just clearer. I thought Newton's book on the afterlife were more disturbing.

I am not familiar with Newton...or with anybody, as I am pretty new to this. I just picked up a book by Raymond Moody this weekend...haven't started it.

I'm sorry I sounded so negative. I have had a lifetime of dealing with emotional/romantic stuff that I really want to avoid in the after life. I guess for most, it would be comforting to have all of those things in another plane of existence.
Old 24-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68

How so vespa68 please ? I'm intrigued as I have read both books.
Old 24-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Master

For example in Newtons book he gets information that we are just balls of light and are genderless. Also, he does not believe in twin souls. Perhaps though he was hypnotozing more advanced souls.
Old 24-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fennel
I am not familiar with Newton...or with anybody, as I am pretty new to this. I just picked up a book by Raymond Moody this weekend...haven't started it.

I'm sorry I sounded so negative. I have had a lifetime of dealing with emotional/romantic stuff that I really want to avoid in the after life. I guess for most, it would be comforting to have all of those things in another plane of existence.

Newton is good. Another good book is Choices in the Afterlife by Gretchen Vogel. That was a really good one for me. Then there is The Last Frontier: Exploring the Afterlife...by Julia Assante. She is awesome. These are meaty books and not in the mainstream of popularity. I had to dig to find them and it was well worth my efforts.

Everyone has a different idea of what they want when it is time to move on. And a copy of what we have here just isn't your cup of tea. Sylvia Browne taught the eat, drink, and be happy "heaven" alot so you may want to avoid her take on heaven though she has a lot to say on may other different subjects that I find interesting.

So I recommend that you read everything out there on the subject of the afterlife. Every author gives a different perspective. Take what sounds right for you and leave the rest. You can create your own "heaven".

In the immediate afterlife and for approximately 4 or 5 tiers above that there is a lot of illusion so we can feel comfortable. But the higher one ascends the more illusion is no longer needed and falls away.
Old 24-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Newton is good. Another good book is Choices in the Afterlife by Gretchen Vogel. That was a really good one for me. Then there is The Last Frontier: Exploring the Afterlife...by Julia Assante. She is awesome. These are meaty books and not in the mainstream of popularity. I had to dig to find them and it was well worth my efforts.

Everyone has a different idea of what they want when it is time to move on. And a copy of what we have here just isn't your cup of tea. Sylvia Browne taught the eat, drink, and be happy "heaven" alot so you may want to avoid her take on heaven though she has a lot to say on may other different subjects that I find interesting.

So I recommend that you read everything out there on the subject of the afterlife. Every author gives a different perspective. Take what sounds right for you and leave the rest. You can create your own "heaven".

In the immediate afterlife and for approximately 4 or 5 tiers above that there is a lot of illusion so we can feel comfortable. But the higher one ascends the more illusion is no longer needed and falls away.

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I am going to check those titles out right away. I know that in a lot of NDE's people report beautiful gardens, meadows, etc. which is very much like here...and I think that would be lovely. I imagine that familiarity would be comforting. I wish I knew exactly where I'm at when it comes to tiers of the afterlife. In the meantime, I will study up!
Old 24-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Master

I agree about Sylvia Brown, not much depth in what she says about the afterlife. She is a bit too commercial.