Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Master
as to the question if there is a thing such as character and personality where do they all come from?

my best answer would be to think god as pure potential. like a seed that germinates to a tree with fruits and leaves and trunks and roots and flowers and all.

you cannot say those things is in the seed and yet you can't say that its not in it either since everything sprang from that seed of potential,
Old 07-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Master
There is no personality beyond the mind, that is to drag God down to our ego level and personalize him, this is what has been happening throughout the thousands of years of religion and also why there are so many wars and killing over the false idol we have made of our so called God.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:00 AM
kadmilos

if a cat can have personality, then so can god.

but it is an extreme stretch to claim that the personality of a cat is similar to the personality of a human. and the set of similarities between humans and god is likely to be smaller than the set of similarities between humans and cats.

therefore gods personality if god has such a thing is too different to our own for us to have a reasonable position from which to understand gods personality.

just my random rambling response regarding religious rectors reputations
Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There is no personality beyond the mind, that is to drag God down to our ego level and personalize him, this is what has been happening throughout the thousands of years of religion and also why there are so many wars and killing over the false idol we have made of our so called God.

I guess I could never believe that wars and such are the result of men's personalities. I would've said they are caused by men's choices, NOT caused by men's personalities. I believe the men who've chosen to do these things down through history knew they were doing it for purposes of power and greed, but LED disenfranchised men to fight by appealing to their character, taking unfair advantage and lying about things (politics and propaganda).

Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadmilos
if a cat can have personality, then so can god.

but it is an extreme stretch to claim that the personality of a cat is similar to the personality of a human. and the set of similarities between humans and god is likely to be smaller than the set of similarities between humans and cats.

therefore gods personality if god has such a thing is too different to our own for us to have a reasonable position from which to understand gods personality.

just my random rambling response regarding religious rectors reputations
A cat does not have a personality, we see the cat acting in a way that measures to a way that we have labeled whatever and we then place that label on to the cat, this is what we all do as long as we are not Awake to what we are doing. Of course there is nothing wrong with these labels, we all need to communicate together but its just when we are clinging to the labels and believing in them, is where we lose our true individuality.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I guess I could never believe that wars and such are the result of men's personalities. I would've said they are caused by men's choices, NOT caused by men's personalities. I believe the men who've chosen to do these things down through history knew they were doing it for purposes of power and greed, but LED disenfranchised men to fight by appealing to their character, taking unfair advantage and lying about things (politics and propaganda).
No what I meant was that we make a God and give to him a personality, we then say that my god said this is the way it should be done and so on.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
No what I meant was that we make a God and give to him a personality, we then say that my god said this is the way it should be done and so on.

Okay, I see what you're saying.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
A cat does not have a personality

Someone around here seems to lack the gentleness and sympathy of a personality to be able to atribute these qualities to either themselves or others.

Cats are full of personality AFAIC (as far as I'm concerned).

Your clinical version of reality fails to impress me....I'm afraid.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Someone around here seems to lack the gentleness and sympathy of a personality to be able to atribute these qualities to either themselves or others.

Cats are full of personality AFAIC (as far as I'm concerned).

Your clinical version of reality fails to impress me....I'm afraid.
You just don't understand do you Honza, if we are coming from our true Identity, not a false one that we believe we are, we then show real Love, not clinical love that you cannot get out of your head. Cats are full of what we have labeled them, OK, cats are beautiful creatures that do what they do, we can be beautiful creatures also if we do what is naturally our true Identity. If you really understood you would realize that your view is clinical, the ego is still your friend, nothing wrong in that, but its not you.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I need to start a new thread on this 'personality' business to get something clear to myself.

It seems there are two ways of looking at personality; one is that it is the product of the mind, and the other that it stems from *beyond* the mind.

To me personality is *deeper* then the mind. It is a characteristic of the source.

I am not thinking about the *false* personality of the Ego/Mind but rather THE CHARACTER OF THE SOUL!!!
No wonder you are confused when you mix up generally accepted terms and make up your own meaning of words.

There is no 'true' personality as psychoslice has pointed out in some posts. All personalities are made up, pretense, a sham, a lie. By definition one's personality portrays the image we want to show to the world and hides something, the Self.
No one is ever born with a personality and neither will it exists after death, except in the memory of people left behind.

Ergo, God cannot have a personality. To think otherwise would mean that God is also involved pretenses and lies.