Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamStar
You reminded me of the four dimensional cube in Paris...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Arche

That would be a great place for meditation :) There are always heavy winds running through it.

That's amazing! It's be great to travel just to meditate in each wondrous place like that sort
Old 12-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Master
Great thread court :) I have a million questions on this subject, some might be very silly, but im a total newbie to it so bare with me! But also can anyone give any history on the sacred alphabet and its relationship with sacred geometry? Which came first? when was all this first discovered, who pioneered it? Why isn't it something you see a lot of on forums etc? Or maybe im missing it (most likely!)
And lastly and most curiously, how did you find out about it?
Hope you don't mind the questions, thanks in advance :)
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 12-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Master

loopylucid those are great great questions. I have no idea but you have sparked something in me.

There are mathematical wonders which I absolutely love. I love the beauty of Pythagoras, and Fermat (which I don't understand).

I don't know the sacred alphabet. How exiting to discover something new.
Old 13-11-2013, 04:24 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
when was all this first discovered, who pioneered it? Why isn't it something you see a lot of on forums etc? Or maybe im missing it (most likely!)
And lastly and most curiously, how did you find out about it?
Hope you don't mind the questions, thanks in advance :)

I've never heard of the sacred alphabet. But, I do know that sacred geometry goes at least back to ancient Greece and if you want to count the pyramids, Egypt before that. Plato was the person to present the Platonic Solids which are the most basic forms creation takes. Tetrahedron (four faces) Cube or hexahedron (six faces) Octahedron (eight faces) Dodecahedron (twelve faces) Icosahedron (twenty faces).

The Greeks used sacred geometry throughout architecture and included the golden ratio in the Parthenon. They discovered that things that abide by the golden ratio and sacred geometry are more appealing to the eyes due to its natural symmetry. The Greeks also used this information to create harmonics. Rome knew about sacred geometry and the golden ratio, as this was written down by Vitruvius an architect at the time of Julius Caesar. Finally, Da Vinci uncovered more connections to sacred geometric shapes when he created the Virtruvian man with the name taken from the Roman architect he studied.

I found out about it when I looked into the reason behind the angles used in astrology (square, sextile, trine). Apparently, Johannes Kepler tried to attach the Platonic solids to planetary orbital spheres... I'm still trying to track down the book but it is extremely rare--Mysterium Cosmographicum.
Old 13-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Master
Wow thankyou so much for that info, I was led from an experience I had into the sacred alphabet, which led onto the sacred geometry, I understand so far as im in the middle of research now, there are 5, they can be made (I think there saying!) out of the shapes of sacred geometry also......
I am finding more sites as I go along and will follow up any links I get, so far its so much to all comprehend and understand in one go and no idea how its gonna be relevant to me now but im excited to find out! so im reading without the end of intention of understanding first, I know it seeps in the cracks that way to somehow!
Interesting it goes back to the greeks again!! Because the experience led me onto them aswell, I like how things connect!
So star who in your opinion has the most comprehensive and up to date version regarding sacred geometry for someone to read? Is there a single book or piece that covers it will? I have got my info so far from Daniel winter do you know him?
Did the connection between the platonic solids to planetary orbital spheres get recognised as valid? Or is it a relatively new idea?
Thanks again for your time and if you get sick of my questions please don't be afraid to tell me to shurrup!!
I get bit over excited sometimes! lol

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 14-11-2013, 04:05 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
So star who in your opinion has the most comprehensive and up to date version regarding sacred geometry for someone to read? Is there a single book or piece that covers it will? I have got my info so far from Daniel winter do you know him?
Did the connection between the platonic solids to planetary orbital spheres get recognised as valid? Or is it a relatively new idea?
Thanks again for your time and if you get sick of my questions please don't be afraid to tell me to shurrup!!
I get bit over excited sometimes! lol

You know, I'm not really sure about a book. I have never heard of Daniel Winter before, but I looked him up and like the model I saw. Interesting. About the planetary spheres, I'm not really sure if it is proven or not. It's very difficult to find the book, though.. which I think is odd. I'm driving about an hour away tomorrow to go find it. But, I think it should be reexamined, since we have a better understanding of everything now.
Old 14-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Master
The Platonic Solids correlation to planetary orbits is wishful thinking ; any
closeness is coincidental simply and exactly because planetary systems don't care about geometry. There are far too many variables in the formation of star /planet systems and , well, they form according to random collisions and conglomerations of debris. The discovery of a wildly varying array of platens and orbits in other star systems drives this reality home.

People here were working with limited data (one star system) and a limited understanding of cosmology and astronomy , and their sometimes primitive ideas just didn't jive with reality in that particular case.

I can recommend
'Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook' Universal Dimensional Patterns , by Bruce Rawles
"200 full-page graphic templates with over 1300 variations based on the ancient art/science of Sacred Geometry "

Tons and tons of drawings plus nice fold-up patterns for the 5 Platonic Solids, the 13 Archimedian Solids (18 convex solids) , Kepler Poinsot Solids , and other goodies; great stuff !
Old 14-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Master
Hey thanks for this info, I will try and get hold of this book asap :) Its taking a lot of my brain power to get my head around all this, its a huge topic, any thoughts Dar on how popular a topic it is, as I said before I don't see much on forums etc about it, I cant say ive looked at the bookstores yet cause I wasn't even aware of it till recently, so maybe ive just missed it all.
How did your interest in it all start?
Wow Star I like the dedication to find this book! Let me know how you get along :)
Thanks again guys,

~Shane Koyczan~
Old 15-11-2013, 06:25 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
The Platonic Solids correlation to planetary orbits is wishful thinking ; any
closeness is coincidental simply and exactly because planetary systems don't care about geometry. There are far too many variables in the formation of star /planet systems and , well, they form according to random collisions and conglomerations of debris. The discovery of a wildly varying array of platens and orbits in other star systems drives this reality home.

People here were working with limited data (one star system) and a limited understanding of cosmology and astronomy , and their sometimes primitive ideas just didn't jive with reality in that particular case.

After they are formed by random collision they follow an order of spacing due to mass and such. The planets abide by the distancing established with the golden ratio. That was the purpose of the Platonic solids model. I think that other solar systems could definitely add shapes, but I also think these extrasolar planets and solar systems will all be spaced according to the golden ratio--not too close and not too far away. These are models to show how all creation abides by these rules.

loopylucid, I found the book and now have my own pdf copy I have actually needed it for about half a year now to help with something I'm writing. So, today I finally got it! Haven't read it, but I will let you know if I find anything good.
Old 15-11-2013, 08:54 AM
God-Like

This link may help .

http://davidhboyle.com/?tag=workings-of-the-universe

x daz x