Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
chinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose
I remember once coming across "soul" as "she" and that somehow felt right to me but I can't find it again. I am working on a translation so would appreciate any comments and references you may have. Thank you
Hello everybody, I want to share with the forum members something that i have stuided about the gender of the "Soul" as in sikhism,

There are three covers on the "Soul": Body, Mind & Gender,

When someone practice meditation, On the first stage removes the cover of "Body"
On the second stage removes the cover of "Mind"
On the third stage removes the cover of "Gender" or it can also be said as "He mind"/ "She mind".

When the "Soul" is totally free from all three covers then gets one with "God",

I hope this is digestable,
Thanks,

chinu.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:45 PM
purplerose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Oh I disagree with that. The Moon is a gentle and nurturing Mistress.
As far as the soul having a gender I would have to agree with the others; there is no gender. It does seem as if we tend to relate with a female aspect or male aspect. The lvies that I have remembered, there has only been two males. That doesn't have any bearing with lives that I have no memory of. I would think that my soul is more feminine. In parellel lives that I have glimpsed while sleeping I am a female also.
But at some point we would have to come to a perfect blending of both female/male energies.
oh wow, so you do actually remember your previous lives... that's neat.
again, thanks for your input.
P.S. the moon is a harsh mistress is quote from a song sung at the time by Judy Collins I think
Old 04-11-2010, 04:45 PM
purplerose

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinu
Hello everybody, I want to share with the forum members something that i have stuided about the gender of the "Soul" as in sikhism,

There are three covers on the "Soul": Body, Mind & Gender,

When someone practice meditation, On the first stage removes the cover of "Body"
On the second stage removes the cover of "Mind"
On the third stage removes the cover of "Gender" or it can also be said as "He mind"/ "She mind".

When the "Soul" is totally free from all three covers then gets one with "God",

I hope this is digestable,
Thanks,

chinu.
It sure is digestible - and logical I guess. thanks for your input.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
LightBearer

soul has a gender, as soul is a splinter of entirety broken of for experiencial purposes. The soul is only one part of our entirity, once you progress up the ladder of your component parts you realise androgyny. neither male nor female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Male and female are only biologically needed so a species can reproduce. A soul/spirit/whatever has no need to reproduce. Thus in spirit, male and female as we know it is completely unneeded.

But souls do have within them the masculine and feminine energy, yin and yang. But neither of those means that they're actual sex as we think of it. Merely forces that represent qualities of the world.

One of the things that helps us understand ourselves and the world is to balance both of those polarities, and not dwell on one end of the spectrum.

never saw this post, this puts it better than i did
happyfool

Well I think that soul has no gender....gender is based on how u r born on this earth....

Soul has no gender..but it has both masculine and feminine characteristics...a soul is complete only when it has both masculiune and feminine energy.......

Same is true with peoples...we all have both masculinity and feminity to some extent...
Master
Masculinity and femininity are based on human characteristics. There are animal species where the females are dominant and powerful (spider, hyena), so this whole idea about masculinity and femininity and its characteristics is based on anthropocentrism and culture.

Does soul have a gender? First of all all you to define soul..
If we believe we are eternal spiritual beings, then we are probably genderless.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Ivy

what is it youre trying to find out for the article purplerose? and is this something thats going to be published?
happyfool

gender and is different from masculity and feminity....

A male can be feminine ..or a women can be masculine...and yes everything we think is based on anthropocentrism...coz we cant know exactly how a dog thinks but we understand some of its thoughts by the things it does...I mean to say that we think by virtue of being a human being so our thought is based on anthropocentrism...

Soul is the "you " inside ur body....it is nothing supenatural or complex thing to understand....u r a soul..I am a soul..everyone is a soul...

peace be upon u..
Administrator
Hello

I have to feel that male of female goes only to the need or process of reprodutions. It is how one needs to be to make "Little One's"

The Soul is an energy being a Light Being with no set genders. I too feel everyone's Soul is interconnected like maybe its a projection from a one source or Core.

Lynn
Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfool
gender and is different from masculity and feminity....

A male can be feminine ..or a women can be masculine...and yes everything we think is based on anthropocentrism...coz we cant know exactly how a dog thinks but we understand some of its thoughts by the things it does...I mean to say that we think by virtue of being a human being so our thought is based on anthropocentrism...

Soul is the "you " inside ur body....it is nothing supenatural or complex thing to understand....u r a soul..I am a soul..everyone is a soul...

peace be upon u..
That's not what anthropocentrism is all about. It's about a world view in which humans are the central entity in the universe. Anthropocentric thought is very central in many spiritual beliefs as well, where the human is the crown of earth's work and can reach enlightenment. It's just an arrogant position to take.. ignoring animals, aliens, perhaps angels etc.

''Soul is the ''you'' inside ur body''

But what is this ''you''?
It's indeed not complex to understand if you take it for granted..

Cheers.