Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Guide
Happy Birthday, Mr. Cayce!!! Fans forever, still listening like a small child listening to his favorite storybook...

Edgar Cayce's Thought for the Day

Think on This...
Know that it is not all just to live--not all just to be good, but good for something; that ye may fulfill that purpose for which ye have entered this experience.
Reading 2030-1

To get your Edgar Cayce "Thought for the Day," go to the Edgar Cayce A.R.E website

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 19-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Knower
Funny, I moved to Virginia Beach in 1985 and although I heard of Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment, I didn't start exploring it and his work until two or three years back. Although I now live in a different city (but still on the nearby coast, haha!), I am a regular at the A.R.E. library, walk the Cayce-inspired labyrinth with quiet attention and sit in the meditation garden just for the wonderful peace. It's a beautiful place, with wonderful energy...perhaps very much like the man himself.
Old 19-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Bluegreen

I came across books about Edgar Cacey in the early 1960s when I lived in Oakland. I still have a number of his books in my bookcase.

The book that really impressed me was Winged Pharao by Joan Grant. (This was before I knew of Edgar Cacey.)
The first time I read it I thought of it as a lovely fairy tale. Reading it the second time I realized that it was not. The third time I read it I was entranced by what I thought was its beautiful language. In Winged Pharao she describes her initiation as a Priest of Anubis which resonates with me unlike the initiation Elisabeth Haich describes in her book Initiation.
In the course of time I was able to collect all her books except for one, a book of children's stories remembered from her native American incarnations. It wasn't until I had collected most of them that they were printed again.
I still go back to her books often. They are among my 'reference' library.

The opening paragraph of Winged Pharao:

"When the time came for me to return to Earth, a Messenger of the Great Overlords told me that I should be re-born in Kam; and the two who would fashion my new body would welcome me, for we had been companions aforetime and the ties between us were of love and not hatred, which are the two threads that bind men most closely together upon Earth; and for my brother I should have one with whom I had travelled long upon the great journey."

I got carried away. The thread is about Edgar Cacey.
Old 19-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Sourcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Happy Birthday, Mr. Cayce!!! Fans forever, still listening like a small child listening to his favorite storybook...

Edgar Cayce's Thought for the Day

Think on This...
Know that it is not all just to live--not all just to be good, but good for something; that ye may fulfill that purpose for which ye have entered this experience.
Reading 2030-1

To get your Edgar Cayce "Thought for the Day," go to the Edgar Cayce A.R.E website

Hello and thanks very much for the Cayce quote and information, Sojourner. Blessings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisi14
Funny, I moved to Virginia Beach in 1985 and although I heard of Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment, I didn't start exploring it and his work until two or three years back. Although I now live in a different city (but still on the nearby coast, haha!), I am a regular at the A.R.E. library, walk the Cayce-inspired labyrinth with quiet attention and sit in the meditation garden just for the wonderful peace. It's a beautiful place, with wonderful energy...perhaps very much like the man himself.

Greetings. Very awesome, my friend. You are truly adding your Great Light to that wonderful space. I would love to visit A.R.E. someday, myself. Thank you from the Heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
I came across books about Edgar Cacey in the early 1960s when I lived in Oakland. I still have a number of his books in my bookcase.

The book that really impressed me was Winged Pharao by Joan Grant. (This was before I knew of Edgar Cacey.)
The first time I read it I thought of it as a lovely fairy tale. Reading it the second time I realized that it was not. The third time I read it I was entranced by what I thought was its beautiful language. In Winged Pharao she describes her initiation as a Priest of Anubis which resonates with me unlike the initiation Elisabeth Haich describes in her book Initiation.
In the course of time I was able to collect all her books except for one, a book of children's stories remembered from her native American incarnations. It wasn't until I had collected most of them that they were printed again.
I still go back to her books often. They are among my 'reference' library.

The opening paragraph of Winged Pharao:

"When the time came for me to return to Earth, a Messenger of the Great Overlords told me that I should be re-born in Kam; and the two who would fashion my new body would welcome me, for we had been companions aforetime and the ties between us were of love and not hatred, which are the two threads that bind men most closely together upon Earth; and for my brother I should have one with whom I had travelled long upon the great journey."

I got carried away. The thread is about Edgar Cacey.

Hello Bluegreen, my friend. It's all good. That's a great quote, filled with poetic beauty and spiritual adventure. I deeply appreciate it. Blessings.
Old 19-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourcerer
Hello Bluegreen, my friend. It's all good. That's a great quote, filled with poetic beauty and spiritual adventure. I deeply appreciate it. Blessings.

You're welcome Sourcerer and thank you for understanding what I meant.
Old 19-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Sourcerer

"Actually, we have no problems--we have opportunities for which we should give thanks... An error we refuse to correct has many lives. It takes courage to face one's own shortcomings and wisdom to do something about them." --Edgar Cayce

Last edited by Sourcerer : 20-03-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 19-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Sourcerer

Quote:
You're welcome Sourcerer and thank you for understanding what I meant.

Indeed.
That's a very beautiful painting, your avatar. I love the color arrangement and design. Did you paint that yourself?
Old 19-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourcerer
Indeed.
That's a very beautiful painting, your avatar. I love the color arrangement and design. Did you paint that yourself?
Yes, I did. It is based on the yin-yang symbol, the chakra colours. It also has the symbols depicting the first stages of the "birth" of the universe.
Old 19-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Sourcerer

Quote:
Yes, I did. It is based on the yin-yang symbol, the chakra colours. It also has the symbols depicting the first stages of the "birth" of the universe.

It is very excellent. A very intuitive painting. I paint, occasionally. Mostly portraits. I would love to see more of your works, if you have a website, my friend.

Peace
Old 20-03-2013, 09:16 AM
GregoryScott

I have never been more moved by a single human being in all my life. I was drawn to him from the very beginning of my spiritual journey. The first book I ever read on metaphysics was Cayce, Karma and Reincarnation. It’s written in more of a philosophical understanding; kinda hard to follow at times. Even thought I didn’t understand over half of the book, I knew the truth in these pages were absolute! Not sure how I knew this, but could feel it with every fiber of my being.

I had studied Cayce for almost 3 years before realizing we shared the same birth date. I understand this means absolutely nothing; but I had always wondered why I felt so drawn to this one single individual. I will always have great love for Edger Cayce…

GregScott