Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptical
Good point.

There was a lot of detail about the relationship between self determination, empowerment and building on confidence in the other thread too... I just came here because the question that was quoted in the OP was directly addressed to me (by you) in another thread.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:08 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
No, specifically it is when I perceive intent as to 'why' someone did or does or says something that I have learned to let such thoughts pass by or to simply ask what their intent is to confrim my perception or show me my err.
Sounds like you had some hard lessons there. Still with empowerment, you learn to trust in what you see too.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:12 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There was a lot of detail about the relationship between self determination, empowerment and building on confidence in the other thread too... I just came here because the question that was quoted in the OP was directly addressed to me (by you) in another thread.

Yes there was, by us both. It was a question worth larger exploration by more people too; Silent Whisper felt it deserved its own thread here. I began it on another board.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:13 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Empowered self confidence is knowing your answer will serve your purpose (does not matter if the answer is correct only that it works). <focus on utility>
Arrogance is believing or presenting your answer as the right one (matters not if it is correct or even if you know if its correct). <focus on being right>

Note that neither actually indicates having the right answer.

I'll have to think on that some more and get back to you; not ignoring your post.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptical
Sounds like you had some hard lessons there. Still with empowerment, you learn to trust in what you see too.

No not so hard. it's just common sense that my intuition can and has been wrong. It cannot be trusted nor can it be thought of as empowerment. It is limited by itself.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Master
One reason why the truth was always kept from the ignorant, was because in the wrong hands it will sound arrogant, even in the right hands it can sound arrogant. How was someone like Jesus look at by the ignorant, he said that he was the way, the truth, the light.....of course in truth we are this also. But if we speak this truth to the ignorant, we as well, will sound arrogant.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
No, specifically it is when I perceive intent as to 'why' someone did or does or says something that I have learned to let such thoughts pass by or to simply ask what their intent is to confrim my perception or show me my err.

If intent is not good, it's usually disguised, but to some degree or other it's transparent, and in such cases you may simply ask, but it's unlikely you'll get an honest answer. Sorry, I'm stating the obvious.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If intent is not good, it's usually disguised, but to some degree or other it's transparent, and in such cases you may simply ask, but it's unlikely you'll get an honest answer. Sorry, I'm stating the obvious.

in those such incidences, i let the thought go.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
One reason why the truth was always kept from the ignorant, was because in the wrong hands it will sound arrogant, even in the right hands it can sound arrogant. How was someone like Jesus look at by the ignorant, he said that he was the way, the truth, the light.....of course in truth we are this also. But if we speak this truth to the ignorant, we as well, will sound arrogant.

He followed that by sayig 'no one comes to the father except by me' so in that context, he wasn't suggesting we are also the way, truth and light.
Just saying....................
Old 09-02-2013, 04:24 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
It is their perception of it that makes it seem as if it is arrogant and only to those who are not ready to hear what it is we have to share for whatever reasons. That perception is a rejection.