Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
I agree that desire is mysterious. Desire springs forth "naturally" (as I see it).
I am not the (conscious) author of my desires: I don't decide what I want, I discover that I want [something].
I have no desire to cease desiring. Desire is motivation.
This is fine unless you are trying to square it with your spirituality. Perhaps it's what we desire that can hinder our spirituality, i.e. choosing to manifest wealth/materialistic things. Also it may be a question of intensity of desire that can prevent spiritual growth i.e. our attachments can make us stuck.

The very act of needing to manifest something shows that we are not in harmony with how life unfolds for us or maybe that we can't see the bigger picture and how it is all as it should be...it may simply be that we are not choosing to learn from our current situation. Problems can be lessons in disguise if we are in receptive mode.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Master
Another meaning of the word besides desire "want" is "lack". It's this feeling we perpetuate in ourselves when we focus on what we want.

As Amy said... increasing our awareness of how abundant life is and how it unfolds for us is quite another view.

It's my belief and certainty that I always have what I need and more... and so it is.

Xan

Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
The very act of needing to manifest something shows that we are not in harmony with how life unfolds for us or maybe that we can't see the bigger picture and how it is all as it should be...it may simply be that we are not choosing to learn from our current situation. Problems can be lessons in disguise if we are in receptive mode.
first semantics: "the very act of needing" is nonsensical to me. "Needing" is not an act as I understand things.
second, huh-wha?: Perhaps we are always in harmony but simply unaware of how "life unfolds for us". I agree/disagree with you....
I support the idea that we are "in charge" of our lives. I support the idea of choice.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Another meaning of the word besides desire "want" is "lack". It's this feeling we perpetuate in ourselves when we focus on what we want.

As Amy said... increasing our awareness of how abundant life is and how it unfolds for us is quite another view.

It's my belief and certainty that I always have what I need and more... and so it is.

Xan

The 1st sentence is wanting a rewrite; it lacks clarity.
I have the capacity to focus. Where 'should' I direct this ability? I choose to direct my attention toward my desires...the things that bring me pleasure (and peace and fulfillment and joy)...to do otherwise is unthinkable.
If and when my awareness informs me of "lack", my attention is drawn there...not because I enjoy lack, but because I can provide healing to this wound. Knowing that I have (access to) unending abundance allows me to provide sustainence to this (temporary) 'need'.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 AM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
first semantics: "the very act of needing" is nonsensical to me. "Needing" is not an act as I understand things.
second, huh-wha?: Perhaps we are always in harmony but simply unaware of how "life unfolds for us". I agree/disagree with you....
I support the idea that we are "in charge" of our lives. I support the idea of choice.
O.K so I used the wrong word in describing need - big deal....are we splitting hairs here?

You don't have to be aware of how life unfolds to be in harmony with it since harmony just requires acceptance and going with the flow.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Neville

There is a pattern emerging here.

Quote:
they are not part of you and need to be 'banished' (give them to God).

Quote:
When all of a sudden someone came by and gave him a ride
In a wagon or a buggy.
He thought, Oh, I am the happiest man.
All of my desires are fulfilled.

Quote:

I am getting that faith comes into this in so far that Contentment can be gained by relinquishing ones desires to God/Outside influences and being sure in the knowledge that life will provide, This certainly takes the internal need out of the equation.which then , is surely most condusive to inner peace.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:44 PM
How many of us would be content with a buggy
ride finally to our destination?
I love this story bec I feel how wonderful it must have felt
To get that ride, as if that was the ultimate..."Now all is well."

Ha, and here we are in our Lexus with our music and AC
Sometimes miserable about 'something'.
We are so blessed...we have food, shelter...most of the world doesn't.
Anyway, I feel blessed to have supermarkets, a car, any car, a bed and a roof.

It helped 20 yrs ago to read 'Child of the Holocaust'....a 7 yr old boy hiding for
A couple years in pig sheds in the winter, etc...now an adult...I think of his plight whenever
My pillow is just not quite right.....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
are we splitting hairs here?
no
Quote:
You don't have to be aware of how life unfolds to be in harmony with it since harmony just requires acceptance and going with the flow.
Something troubles me with this thought. Imagine being on a raft, drifting down the stream. Blissful ignorance allows me to be "in harmony" and "go with the flow". But where am I going? Isn't there the possible danger of rapids ahead? Awareness of process seems important to peace of mind.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
The 1st sentence is wanting a rewrite; it lacks clarity.
I have the capacity to focus. Where 'should' I direct this ability? I choose to direct my attention toward my desires...the things that bring me pleasure (and peace and fulfillment and joy)...to do otherwise is unthinkable.
If and when my awareness informs me of "lack", my attention is drawn there...not because I enjoy lack, but because I can provide healing to this wound. Knowing that I have (access to) unending abundance allows me to provide sustainence to this (temporary) 'need'.

Okay Horace... Another meaning of the word want, besides "desire", is "lack".... "For want of a nail the kingdom was lost."

It's a universal principle that whatever we consistently direct our attention to increases the energy flow there. Directing attention to a feeling of gratitude for the spiritual pleasure and material abundance I have increases their flow.

When there's a wound we may direct our attention to the discomfort of it so much that attention to its healing is lacking. And yes, knowing with certainty the abundant flow of life energy which heals is the 'faith' that many people find enhances other healing modes, or sometimes heals alone.

Xan

Old 06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Something troubles me with this thought. Imagine being on a raft, drifting down the stream. Blissful ignorance allows me to be "in harmony" and "go with the flow". But where am I going? Isn't there the possible danger of rapids ahead? Awareness of process seems important to peace of mind.

As I see it, awareness of the process is important to some degree, but we can't possibly know all the factors in anything. There is intuitive wisdom inherent in Life Itself that I rely on beyond my knowledge and understanding.

Xan