Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Natalia

Quote:
Hi,

Because of the Great Shift, protection is no longer the concern it once was. The best protection is to "just be light". To have authentic kindness for those who are troubled.

In truth, there are no "bad connections" but there are "unproductive connections". My experience is that being kind and ignoring the triggers that upset the self will allow you to move gracefully with all those who are unbalanced.

The world is filled with unbalanced humans. Balance the self and all will be well.

I hope that my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

Agreed John. Thank you for this
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM
perfect earth

Something that works for me is to focus on bringing love from your core - from your divinity within (and from your infinity). Not a magnetic love that draws what it desires (or embraces what it doesn't desire, not to say that it's judging what isn't needed for you), but an accepting love that gives everything within it the space to move through that love to where it needs to be to breathe and evolve. Praying helps me to achieve this and I find myself praying multiple times a day asking for help to allow this to happen. God bless
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM
misscelt

Oh wow!!!! Thank you for all of the ideas everyone! I have certainly done some of these things, but not with any regularity. I usually remember to do something once I realize that I am drained or affected somehow. I like the idea of making a daily cleansing part of the routine... I think I will start with one each morning/night and work my way through all the other ideas and see which ones work best for my energy system. You all have certainly gave me TONS to work with. :)

Thank you!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

Because of the Great Shift, protection is no longer the concern it once was. The best protection is to "just be light". To have authentic kindness for those who are troubled.

In truth, there are no "bad connections" but there are "unproductive connections". My experience is that being kind and ignoring the triggers that upset the self will allow you to move gracefully with all those who are unbalanced.

The world is filled with unbalanced humans. Balance the self and all will be well.

I hope that my thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

John this resonates for me - I get a message when I feel overwhelmed and it is simple 'hold your light' - I don't know where it comes from but I listen - and I hold my light. I know when I need to clear and rejuvenate because I get the urge to be alone and in nature so I listen.

I guess listening to your guidance is key - you will be shown how to take care of you and still be affective in assisting others....
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
ClazWyatt

Wow what a great read
Old 05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
misscelt

Must do some more research on how to hold my light! :)
Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscelt
Must do some more research on how to hold my light! :)

It is actually a different way of thinking. It is a shift in perception to quantum thinking.
http://diannecollins.com/

What most of us are not aware of is how our minds have been enslaved(conditioned). In order to hold your light, you first need to discover the extent to which you are the light.

I hope my personal truth on this will assist your discovery process.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 AM
misscelt

Thank you for the suggestion! I found a long interview with her on youtube and it makes a lot of sense. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36wq99Pd4k8

This is particularly why I am trying to get a handle on how I am affected by the emotions of others. I don't want to manifest their fears/harmful feelings into the reality of my own life. I suppose the same rules apply though, and maybe I need to change my thinking of how I am affected to have better control over it. Will definitely give that a try!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscelt
Hi All!

Wondering how other empaths out there deal with protecting themselves without totally blocking out their empathy. I am pretty good at preparing/protecting myself when I venture out from home, but lately I seem to be getting affected by energies from others even while I am here in my haven - and I don't know where it is coming from so it is a little harder to protect myself.

We smudge the house regularly... and that seems to work to keep the energy in the house good, but it doesn't seem to block out emotion from outside. Not sure if maybe this is just getting stronger or developing into other forms of intuition, but calling it "annoying" is putting it lightly since being subject to other people's emotions even when I am at home feels a bit violating to me, especially the times when I have trouble shaking it/breaking the connection and when the source is unknown.

I know this isn't a malicious thing, it's just me picking up on other people's stray stuff... but I don't want or need their stuff. I have been dealing with it for long enough that when I start to feel sad/angry/stressed I always ask "what is making me feel like this" to determine if it is mine or not... and 99% of the time, there is absolutely no reason for it. I really don't want to be drained by other people's negative energy or have their issues manifest in my life either because of those feelings.

Any ideas for how to protect myself? Any ideas about how to more quickly break a bad connection?

I pick up energies through the phone, internet and through thoughts about people. My mother-in-law once called and told me she was in a 'dark place' and the next day I felt possessed. It was only when I realized that it was her energy and not mine did it start to dissipate.

I wish I had an answer for you on how to protect yourself! What works for me is just realizing that it's not my emotion and to let it go. I try to relax my entire body but especially the top of my head and let it flow above me and out.

Good luck to you and let me know if you find something that works