Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 14-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Aquarian

So why does the spirit need to enter your body at all?
Old 14-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Master

I am sure I have read of the odd one or two cases of possesion, wouldn't one reason be spirits wanting to enjoy material pleasures in the way they used to?

Sangress, Thanks once again, I will have a think about it a bit more (my immediate thoughts were that my higher self is being overly strict with me and setting me very hard tasks, which could include accepting help from others or trying on my own , I don't know at the moment)
Old 14-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Serenity Bear

Spirit do not enter your body in any way shape or form, they simply enter the energy field around it so that the medium knows they are there and thus can allow them a certain amount of control, which is usually in trance state.

No they don't come for material pleasure but to impart their knowledge to us here.
Old 14-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Master

That'd be the good ones SB, think you may get the odd badden causing trouble...remember The Excorcist film?
Old 14-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Serenity Bear

The Excorcist shows the phenomena of a Poltergiest, this is commonly caused by a hormonal teenager within the family. When the child progresses beyond a certain age the phenomena ceases.

You can talk about other so called phenomena which have been made into films, but sadly that is what they are just films written by a script writer with little or no bases in fact.

Most of the so called phenomena that I have been witnessed to that would even come close to this, ALL have a logical or scientific meaning behind it or just a very overactive imagination. A lot of people have been fed complete hocum by religious teachers, priests, vicars, etc to make them frightened and it still carries on to this day, with small children being murdered by relatives because they think they are 'possessed'. If we allow this hocum to continue then it just shows lack of education and knowledge in the field.

Do not believe anything that comes in film, movie or TV format, do you research, get to know what your talking about and don't worry. As a very famous mediums said, you have more to worry about from the living then you ever will the dead.
Old 14-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Master

Depends which news story of the original event the story is based on you believe or accept I suppose

http://www.strangemag.com/exorcistpage1.html

I am certain some demonic possesions occur , why not?
Old 14-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
Spirit do not enter your body in any way shape or form, they simply enter the energy field.
Is that energy field not your astral body?
Old 15-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Sangress, Thanks once again, I will have a think about it a bit more (my immediate thoughts were that my higher self is being overly strict with me and setting me very hard tasks, which could include accepting help from others or trying on my own , I don't know at the moment)

Thats as good a starting place as any. *nods*

As for the possession stuff....its a little off topic but I may as well offer my two cents on that one.

I possess people on occasion, its not so bad for both parties if you know what your doing (whether its willing or unwilling doesn't really affect the result beyond there being less struggling and energy loss in the willing case.) It's the stupid newer spirits who go all out and hurt the one they are stepping inside (and they get kicked out real quick so damage is always minimal.) The inexperienced and irresponsible possessors (or moreso possessor wannabes) give those experienced in the art of possession a bad name with their antics (and yes, strangely I do consider it to be an artform if its actually done correctly.)
Old 15-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Serenity Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Is that energy field not your astral body?

Yes it is called the astral body, but when one says posession they usually mean of the physical body. No Spirit or living person can get inside the physical body of person (I'm not talking sex or surgery here).

Spirit can come into the aura and influence the medium but never go into the physical body. Healers can also use Spirit/Universal energies in a similar fashion to help heal people.

The problem that has come around is when a child has illnesses like Epilepsy, or just being naughty some religions believe that is a sign of 'possession' and as such the only way to get rid of it is through extreme torture of the child. In the UK alone there has been two deaths because of this just in (approximately) the last year.

Therefore we MUST be correct in our terms, even talking on here and not allow our imaginations and lack of education breed these practices.
Old 15-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Aquarian

I guess possession isn't well-defined. As someone who actually practices it, Sangress -- how do you define possession?