Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 22-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Narcissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Happiness, like wisdom, was made to be shared...

That is why I am sharing and I believe by sharing we can redouble it
Old 22-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Master

Doing someone or something a kindness / making someone or something happy
is guaranteed to make you happy too...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Master
To Narcissus,

No........She was a gift from the Divine....a beautiful expression of love....of God......I was just her home to grow in.....to think of her as seeing myself expanding....is just not right to me.....It was a privilege to bring her into the world.....I see her.....
Old 22-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Narcissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
To Narcissus,

No........She was a gift from the Divine....a beautiful expression of love....of God......I was just her home to grow in.....to think of her as seeing myself expanding....is just not right to me.....It was a privilege to bring her into the world.....I see her.....

How great thoughts…..I am reminded of the poem "On Children" by Kahlil Gibran

On Children
Kahlil Gibran
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.
Old 22-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus
That is why I am sharing and I believe by sharing we can redouble it

Quite right! Well said.

Old 22-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus
How great thoughts…..I am reminded of the poem "On Children" by Kahlil Gibran

On Children
Kahlil Gibran
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Beautiful! I love the poems of Kahlil Gibran. 'Song of the Flower' is my favourite.

Old 25-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Master
I was thinking of happy times the other day. Of course, getting pregnant and having my babies, but everyone knows those things, at least those that desired children.

But I was thinking back to my childhood...trying to remember any times I felt like a child and a smile came to my face to think of days I would play by the side of my house...I had toys, and dolls, but the things I made with my own imagination gave me greater joy than the toys. I would find weeds and make people out of them, and should they get married, I used a piece of dandilion and cut a small section of the stem tube for the ring that bound them. I also made a whole entire village along a stream in my back yard. I built houses out of rocks and scraps of wood and what not. My dad was in power line construction and had many large bolts and I would use them as power line poles and string string from them like telephone poles. I got weeds and stalks of things for trees in their yards. I did get little plastic people some out of gumball machines and I'd get plastic cars. I had roads. It was quite a feat. My brothers even loved it and would play. then some bratty girl in the neighborhood slipped under the fence in the evening and stole much of it and ruined the rest. So for an entire month, we would go back and forth...she would steal and I would reclaim it. Finally my younger brother caught her in the act and flung a brick at her LOL! fortunately he missed her, but she told her mom who came over and protested. My brother and I put on our saintly best act hahaha.

Anyway, I think of times like that just being a kid. even just sitting on a swing with the transister radio my dad got me... or riding a bike and racing with the neighbors and this one girl cut me off and I hit her, we both fell. She was wailing so loud, it was ridiculous....i was the one all cut up...with a huge gash on my butt and torn up my favorite outfit even though I didn't like to dress up. It was easter and my mom made me...but it was torn up now and covered with blood. Everyone ran to Shelly's rescue and I just laid there under the wreckage Lol! Thinking back on it makes me laugh though.
Old 25-04-2012, 02:24 PM
amy green

Bunny

Thanks Sarian for sharing these wonderful childhood memories. The deep creative absorption of creating another world resonated with my experiences too! I also used to love what I just called "exploring", i.e. visiting surrounding places for the first time. Sometimes this entailed trespassing onto industrial sites and getting chased off!
Old 25-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Master
Hi Amy. Me too, I loved to explore and still do. My earliest memories of being an 'explorer' I was around 2/3...I would go to the side of our garage and (was actually hiding away) but I would lift boards and rocks and explore for bugs and check them out. I climbed the trees and checked everything out.

LOL, about getting chased off the industrial sites! Once when I was 4, I made friends with a little girl, her name was sally and she was a head full of curly blonde hair and a spitfire. She called out to me with a loud HEY! and I said "What?" lol. I never knew where she lived, but on the way home from school on occasion we'd meet up (I started school when I was 4) She taught me how to look for bottles to get a penny when you returned them...and she dug up this dirty mud filled coke bottle and we took it to the store and she got us some penny shoestring licorice...cherry. It was great. Then she said "hey, I'm gonna show you some midgets" lol! And she did, I had never seen a dwarf before, and I was shocked. We spied on them for a couple days and then the 3rd day they said we could quit watching them behind the bushes and come out of there and have some supper with them. We did. Couldn't get over a whole family of 'midgets'...but they became our friends too.
Old 25-04-2012, 03:02 PM
amy green

Angel1

That's lovely Sarian. (Sigh) childhood innocence is such a sweet, absorbing world of its own. How fantastic it was. It brings to mind a quote from the great Oscar Wilde "youth is wasted on the young".