Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM

Don't know if this will help or not.

The other day I was sitting in my chair daydreaming and I realized.......After having played the role of human yet again......."I will never take my true self for granted from this point on".

You are so much more than you know.

Love......

Thank you!!! Those words are very beautiful!!!! I do take my true self for granted, I think...because of this, I attract those who take me for granted too.
Old 14-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessLove
That's the thing about self esteem. The scope of it is very limited. How do I feel love for myself when others don't love me? I start thinking it's me. It started a long time ago with my parents. Unfortunately, I know my low self esteem has a lot to do with the way I have been treated. I'm hoping to change that negative opinion I have of myself because of the way I have been treated. I just don't know how. I meditate, I pray, I do it all...But than a professor says in so many words "you are nothing" and it knocks me back a bit.
I imagine the professor is so wrapped up in his intellect that he doesn't understand concepts like purity and simplicity. Regardless, the way he responded was wrong, and actually reveals a lot about him. All you need to know is that's how he's going to react to your questions, so don't ask him anymore because he reacts like a jerk.

I actually don't think you need to feel love for yourself right away, just do things for yourself and speak to yourself lovingly, and the feelings with follow eventually. Try looking in a mirror into your eyes and saying 'I love you'. Is it hard to do? It was hard for me at first too.

Tell yourself in your mind 'I love you' often. Not in a desperate way, but in a slow, calm voice. Do things that make you happy. Treat yourself like someone you love very much, and you will learn to feel it.
Old 14-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
does greatness have to try to fit in? and why would greatness try to fit in? at times you may feel alone but, you really are not.. see although you dont realize it - they see greatness in you and most people can not handle it - so they attack and maybe they dont even know why they are attacking you.. dont worry about fitting in because ones that are called to lead-- cant fit in a group... most importantly just know you are great. and if you dont know what to do in life then just be yourself and be confident in that so your true gifting can emerge.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Very powerful and beautiful words. I have heard something similar. There is a lady at my school who works as a janitor. She is so kind and inspiring, older woman who barely talks. She sees me everyday by myself and I always say "hi" because she is very kind and inspiring to clean up after a bunch of self absorbed people who don't acknowledge her.

One day she says to me "you're beautiful and going to be someone special one day." I was like "thank you so much." I left and started crying lol, I'm mushy, I know. It just meant a lot to me that she thought I was great. And that the angels sent her to say it...
Old 14-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Are you an empath by any chance? Or do you have any kind of medical diagnosis? I have been where you are.

Yes you have it right. I am definitely an Empath!!
Old 14-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes you have it right. I am definitely an Empath!!

Well, I am not. But I recall all through school what the price was for being different. Having Asperger I am not the smoothest individual in social settings, and I would often find myself asking questions and saying things that were met with less than enthusiasm from both teachers and students. I was less emotionally hit by the response though. 20 years later I haven't really changed; I speak my mind and don't try to be a smooth talker.

But that is the thing. You are an empath whatever else you are or aren't, and a frown in your direction might be magnified and felt like a slap. I can't teach you how to turn off the gift that many call a curse, but it can be done. I hope someone else on this forum can teach you how it is done.
Old 14-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Master

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be so quick to say 'it's because I'm an empath'. Whether someone is an empath or not, we are still responsible for our own lives. We are only victims if we choose to be. My family was very dysfunctional and I suffered quite a bit of pain and abuse, but I don't place blame on them or anything else for the problems I face now. At the end of the day, I still have to accept responsibility for my life and work to improve it.
Old 14-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
The professor went on to TRY to embarrass me in front of everyone in class. He told me that I should READ more on the subject and not ask silly questions that I can google. His face was visibly embarrassed for me, I mean how can you ask such a dumb question?

You aren't the one with the problem. He's an a-hole.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 14-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you!!! Those words are very beautiful!!!! I do take my true self for granted, I think...because of this, I attract those who take me for granted too.

I agree - that's a really helpful insight, I AM, and I can relate to that insight, too, GoddessLove.

P.S. Right-on, Eudamonist.

Old 14-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Master
I like you Goddesslove. Sending some hugs your way....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Knower
Wonderful perspective Eudaimonist.

Seawolf, trust me I don't see myself as a victim at all. In order to do that, I would have to see the others as bad. I don't look at people that way, which is why I take on many burdens.