Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In my view, meeting your soul or oversoul is best done within one's being rather than in out of body projection.

Otherwise you might get the idea that it's separate and apart from you, rather than your own true being.
Xan

I understand where you're going with this based on the definitions we run into in regards to this encounter. The definitions all tend to project it
out-there as though it's an "object" of great importance... but I can comfortably assure you that should it's appearance become personalized
there's no missing it's significance. I was awoken from the dream state at the time, right into the immersion of this energy envelopment. Our oversoul
is not separate from us in the most literal sense, it's only separated by degree of intensity. This earthly vibration is very thickly muted, heavy in
that way that thick grease is... this oversoul is that part of ourself that moves about freely at a far more refined frequency. As soon as this other
"I" withdrew, so did the intense vibration and this inward identification.

But, and I'm sure this is also the case.... if our greater self wants to make itself known it can at any time.... I find it truly instructive that it doesn't... while
we're here being physical, all this other stuff seems to be on a "need to know" basis... :^)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
Is this a New-Age term for the Ātman?

I think I got the term originally from the channeled entity "Seth". It also cropped up in some literature I was reading about the Pagan (pre-christian)
understanding of this bonding with our greater identity. It seems the Pagans were really quite together on this subject! :^)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
Is this a New-Age term for the Ātman?

Atman means individual soul.

Xan

Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Master
Stephen: Our oversoul is not separate from us in the most literal sense, it's only separated by degree of intensity. This earthly vibration is very thickly muted, heavy in that way that thick grease is... this oversoul is that part of ourself that moves about freely at a far more refined frequency. As soon as this other "I" withdrew, so did the intense vibration and this inward identification.

This is how I see it too. It's You at a higher vibration... what people like to call the higher self nowadays.

But, and I'm sure this is also the case.... if our greater self wants to make itself known it can at any time.... I find it truly instructive that it doesn't... while we're here being physical, all this other stuff seems to be on a "need to know" basis...

Actually for many people these days it is coming up into consciousness. It's the spiritual awakening.

Xan

Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
That's different, but still really Cool!... what you mention is the really nice aspect of breaking from the fixed-focus on this body. Finally did this while fully awake about
two years ago... the astral body in this case was oddly rubbery (?) and yet had feeling, and was able to feel other living objects of that frequency...

While this oversoul that I'm mentioning is clean off the charts! I didn't know what it was at the time, referring to it as "What The Hell Was
That!!!" :^) ...right after re-aligning with my waking consciousness. It was my own face looking back at me but glowing-electric, a whitish-gold... and
it was far more than visual... I not only felt it, but felt through it, into a deep deep cavern of realization... It was "me", but a me that was fully
awake at a much more comprehensive level... and while in this presence, I was sharing in that knowing... frightened the hell out of my waking self...
and left me openly jittery feeling for days following... and disoriented for years since.

Exposures on that level are foundation-shaking in the sense this it splashes doubt on every aspect of what we think of as real. I look around me and
everything "looks" real, but when you know, at this level of knowing, you knowingly know that it's not....

how amazing,
first the rubbery part. my daughter use to see a family in her grandmas house, no one else could see them and they could not see anyone else. well, one day she went up to one and touched them and they felt rubbery. i have too have done this and felt the object (spider) to be rubbery. when i read how you felt the astral to be rubbery, this just validates our experiences. amazing. after reading your experience, it really makes me wonder.

i have not experienced what you have the way you have, when i was 34, i met myself face to face when i was on my deathbed, i experienced my death in the future. i also showed myself my twins who were not yet born or conceived. they were at my death, grown men. they are just but three now.

the first time i saw my soul and spirit at the same time, i realized that my body just that, impermanent. i have no attachment to it, but do know it is my vehicle for the physical reality as it may be. my soul is my emotions and the point of observation was just that.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i also showed myself my twins who were not yet born or conceived. they were at my death, grown men. they are just but three now.

You're the first person I've met that has also had this experience! When I was in my early twenties I had a "very clear dream" of the two children I
was going to be their dad. In the dream my daughter was around 20 years old and my son was around 25. I was also a carpenter in the dream
and at the time I had no idea that this would be my trade. The dream was like a really short film clip. I got a really good feeling at the time for the
personalized energy they emitted. About two years ago we crossed that mark... they looked exactly in real life like they did in the dream...
personalities are exactly the same...

I also met my wife in several dreams before we met in this waking world... those were also in my early twenties and we didn't actually meet until we
were twenty eight, and had our first child at 30.

Time just isn't what it appears to be! :^)
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Sangress

I know that my soul and all of myself normally resides in this body, its mostly conscious and within my awareness and personal control.

The only thing I do not consciously keep track of is my souls habits (what its drawing to me or some of its rather elaborate plans relating to what I need and how to get it,) since that works on a much deeper level than my conscious mind can reach.

Can a person be their own oversoul rather than there being some kind of separation between this part and that part?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Master
A person is their oversoul, at a higher frequency and level of consciousness. Any separation is only our misperception, which is corrected as our awareness opens and expands.

Xan

Old 10-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Sangress

Quote:
A person is their oversoul, at a higher frequency and level of consciousness. Any separation is only our misperception, which is corrected as our awareness opens and expands.

Xan

Hmm, so instinctual soul awareness could be considered an oversoul even though its still part of one singular consciousness (not an autonomous consciousness on another level of existence)?

Just trying to get this into perspective.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 AM
rastaj

i can communicate with my oversoul. i went through alot to get to where i am now. but i can meditate every night and i get small symbols/imagery that talks to me, as well as dream communication and i learn things etc while i sleep from my inner self. i take it as my subconscious or something similar, as it is myself totally. and when i use the ouija board with others i realize this beign is who im communicating with, as i can talk to it mentally (locally) and it understands