Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Last when your consciousness enters your Astral body (which I believe is what happened in your case) you can experience all types of weird feelings. They can range from pulling or tugging, feeling like you are growing or shrinking, feeling like you are falling into your body or through the couch or bed. It is very weird feeling moving around with your Astral body while you still remain inside of your physical so this is probably the culprit for the weird feelings you described. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
WOW!!!

You just described something I've experienced for years but didn't know how to describe so I keep it to myself! What you said about 'growing or shrinking.' YES! Wow, it's like I'm having an epiphany right now lol. SOOO many times I've had this sensation, usually upon partially waking up from a dream of sorts, sometimes it seems as if I am dreaming when I feel it, but it's where I feel bigger than my body, or my body doesn't seem to feel right or 'fit' me somehow. On rare occassion I've experienced it being awake.

At times I could be in deep thought and wonder 'who am I? Am I real? Is all this real?' and when I do I feel disassociated from my body completely.

So all this must be my astral self then? Is that what it is?
Old 16-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Ciqala

What is going on is you simply have a natural talent.
You are in the beginning stages of your astral body learning to separate out of body, feeling pulled out of your body is a common feeling. Since you have had these feelings for years, it is a natural process, which comes easy for you. Though our spirit guides can assist us by pulling us out of body, many people mistake the initial feeling of separation to be just that.

That separation can feel like you are being tugged, and pulled, like your head is exploding, it can sometimes even be mildly painful or feel uncomfortable, that is when it happens slowly. Over time as you master OBE the process will become so fast you will not feel a thing.

As Astral Explorer wrote, you will feel a whole array of different sensations.

Disassociation is a common feeling in the beginnings of OBE. Derealization, which is the feelings you describe as being in deep thought is simply drifting out of the illusionary reality of this world into the astral world, your higher self becomes more conscious and awake, and at the same time you are bordering in-between the waking realms and the astral realms.

You have a natural talent, and although you should be warned that those states can be dangerous while you are doing dangerous activities, for example you do not want to have an OBE experience or get close to derealization when you are driving a motor vehicle - you can easily learn to harness that potential and achieve an astral state.

It seems your mind easily disconnects, for example while you were in pain the body has a natural coping mechanism to disassociate. It is flight or fight response, normally people can withstand minor pain and it is extreme pain that causes disassociation and OBE, but you are more sensitive to the process. And that can be used to achieve an out of body experience.

Basically what happens during an OBE is the mind "shuts down" and goes into a stage of sleep, allowing your astral body to disconnect from your body. This is why people practice relaxation techniques, although it is far more better if they try to actually fall asleep and stay awake throughout the process. Lucid dreaming is exactly the same thing as Astral Projection, but during an astral projection the process happens very fast while you are awake, and lucid dreaming is different because usually you become awake while dreaming, or you can slowly fall asleep into a lucid/astral state.

Disassociation is generally when the mind has also "shut down into sleep", but during that time your body is still moving without you and you are still mildy present, and it may or may not induce an out of body experience.
Because your body is moving without you and you are still somewhat present, extreme cases of disassociation can be dangerous.
Old 17-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Master
When I have a conscious OOBE I think my mind doesn't shut down. I actually believe my mind is still wide awake and it is transmitting information through my silver cord to my astral body. It is like a Ethernet cord between two computers and they are both transmitting real time information back and forth to one another. When the information line gets broken (not the silver cord)by my physical brain falling asleep that is when I cannot recall my projections. The key to conscious OOBE's is mind awake, body sleep.
Old 17-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Disassociation is a common feeling in the beginnings of OBE. Derealization, which is the feelings you describe as being in deep thought is simply drifting out of the illusionary reality of this world into the astral world, your higher self becomes more conscious and awake, and at the same time you are bordering in-between the waking realms and the astral realms.
ALL these years wondering what all that was about, and now I finally have an answer. I can't even describe how I feel right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciqala
You have a natural talent, and although you should be warned that those states can be dangerous while you are doing dangerous activities, for example you do not want to have an OBE experience or get close to derealization when you are driving a motor vehicle - you can easily learn to harness that potential and achieve an astral state.

This happened twice already! One time I was about 11 yrs old, and was riding my bike down my street and was in thought. Don't remember what I was thinking, but just remember I was doing alot of thinking. Suddenly everything went black and next think I knew I was on the ground. A man who was outside said he saw me just flip over the handle bars completely. After going to the doctor and getting a serious of tests on my brain and heart, everything came back normal. No medical explanation for it.

Second time I was at a stop sign waiting to make a left. There were alot of cars and I was sitting there thinking deeply, and questioned reality at that moment. I suddenly felt as if my body was too big, then the disassociation feeling, and I continued to wonder "am i real?" As it got stronger I panicked because here I am sitting in my car so I kind of woke myself up out of it by focusing on the task at hand, driving.

Quote:
It seems your mind easily disconnects, for example while you were in pain the body has a natural coping mechanism to disassociate. It is flight or fight response, normally people can withstand minor pain and it is extreme pain that causes disassociation and OBE, but you are more sensitive to the process. And that can be used to achieve an out of body experience.

Yes! And that night was the first time that I decided to skip the Advil and just meditate to get rid of the pain, and I didn't even realize what I was really doing.

Quote:
Lucid dreaming is exactly the same thing as Astral Projection, but during an astral projection the process happens very fast while you are awake, and lucid dreaming is different because usually you become awake while dreaming, or you can slowly fall asleep into a lucid/astral state.
I first learned of lucid dreaming when my brother-in-law told me his nephew tried it. I had to look it up. When I saw the definition I said 'wow, I've done this without even trying.' I remember lucid dreams I've had as a child too. All these years didn't realize that it wasn't the 'norm' for people to have them. I've also had quite a few episodes of 'sleep paralysis' or whatever it's called, that started happening 8 yrs ago, never as a child.

It's truly great to finally have answers for these little mysteries in my life! It's like I feel so happy to be around people who understand me!
Old 20-02-2012, 08:18 PM
krisam

I too have had these feelings of being pulled out of my body. I get a real fuzzy feeling along with paralysis, it freaks me out - I don't like the sensation at all. x
Old 01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
b3yond33

@Dawn1976 It was probably a spontaneous OBE or partial separation. An entity definitely can pull one out-of-body though. They have many times pulled me out against my will and there have been times when I asked them to.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3yond33
@Dawn1976 It was probably a spontaneous OBE or partial separation. An entity definitely can pull one out-of-body though. They have many times pulled me out against my will and there have been times when I asked them to.

I believe it was a partial separation, especially since I had such a headache and was trying to clear out the headache, I think I managed to 'escape' my body partially without knowing that's what I was doing.