Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 02-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Dragonfhain

Ok, that is sooo scary! and because i read that i just had to go watch some youtube videos and look for some images lol so cant sleep! but, that is just so terrifying. i hope nothing like that happens to me or i would want to live in daylight forever with 1000 people around
Old 02-03-2012, 02:33 AM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfhain
Ok, that is sooo scary! and because i read that i just had to go watch some youtube videos and look for some images lol so cant sleep! but, that is just so terrifying. i hope nothing like that happens to me or i would want to live in daylight forever with 1000 people around

I gotta be honest, it's shaken up my world a lot after seeing this thing. I actually saw the dude we hung out with that night, recently... and asked him about it again. He just shrugged, he said he and our other friend had heard a lot of rustling and a HOWLING noise that night!! I didn't hear it or know about this until later, I was in the restroom at that point lol. So when he told me that it was even more scary to me, there's obviously some kind of validity to this and I've had to just accept it and try not to be afraid -- I didn't get hurt, his animals (he has ducks and chickens and stuff) weren't either, and at least the creature hasn't been back to his house that we know of since then. I've definitely not been back to his house though!!! I don't know if I'd be comfortable going back again, at least at night.

I used to sort of laugh off a lot of stories about cryptids or weird creatures as maybe people who were too eager to believe in that stuff or something, but man...you just can't shake it when you have an experience like this. All I can say is there must be some validity to it and I'm glad I'm safe. According to my friend there've been many reports in his area of attacks on people and stuff, and that didn't really help LOL!

It's been on my mind a lot ever since that night...
Old 02-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Nebulous

Also, I wanted to post a couple of images that are somewhat close to how it looked...
http://www.projectswole.com/wp-conte...-training3.jpg

http://www.imperial-library.info/sit...m_werewolf.jpg

I know, I know, these are really stupid because they're supposed to be for a fictional creature we all see plenty of in movies and stuff, and I'm just waiting for someone to tell me I must be absolutely crazy....Trust me, I feel the same way, like how in the world can I have looked this thing in the eyes!!!! I don't understand it either but that's basically the build it had, with the big scruff on the back and the lean build -- less artistic-liberty-like claws though, more paw-like stubby hands. I really don't understand it and it's blown my world away, I keep wondering...how can this be real, how many of these things are there, are they dangerous, why did it come to the window that night....questions that can never really be answered for me....I try to keep an open mind but I know what I saw and I was definitely awake and with it that night, I'm stuck with an experience I can't explain. :(
Old 21-03-2012, 11:23 AM
RiversLady

Did you by any chance check for footprints in the dirt outside of the window the next morning? Or for any physical clues like smears on the outside of the window, unusual hairs, or anything being moved in the area? Garbage bins opened or something put under the window so the thing could stand on it and look in?
Old 21-03-2012, 11:27 AM
RiversLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Sounds like a Black Shuck its basically a warning or whats to come. Just salt around your house cast a hex on your cars and home to keep sadness at bay.
Burn some sage you should be fine.
Is a shuck the same thing as the shock? A shock is said to appear like a big wet sheep or a blob/misty rolling thing or a black dog with huge eyes. I think it's where we got the word shock from - "I had such a shock when I saw it!"
and it was known to enjoy pulling frightening pranks on folks.
Old 21-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Wisa'ka

Whether they lived along the Atlantic coast, Great Lakes, Ohio River or the western plains and no matter the dialect spoken, Algonquians knew of the Wendigo or Windigo. Some thought this creature to be a human who had ate human flesh, thus infected with and physically transformed by an evil cannibal spirit. Other Algonquian tribes believed the Wendigo to be a large hairy ogre not necessarily cannibalistic. In this case perhaps Wendigo was their name for the hairy giants who are now called Bigfoot or Sasquatch.
Old 21-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversLady
Did you by any chance check for footprints in the dirt outside of the window the next morning? Or for any physical clues like smears on the outside of the window, unusual hairs, or anything being moved in the area? Garbage bins opened or something put under the window so the thing could stand on it and look in?

Honestly with my friends around, my first instinct was to hide it all because I figured they would think I was crazy - not to mention we were about to leave and I wanted to get the heck out of there. I stole a good look at the window to see how far off the ground it was, that's where I got my height estimate - then I passed it off as some stupid thing and basically said "Let's go". I wasn't thinking 'I should gather evidence and share this with the world', it was more like 'I should just not talk about this, it's too much to think about'... I was pretty shaken.

I imagine it's why most cryptid sightings go unproven. It's too shocking - you aren't thinking about things like gathering evidence, you're too scared of the creature or afraid of what people might think or whatever else.
Old 21-03-2012, 06:25 PM
RiversLady

I have only seen one cryptid and it did scare the heaven out of me. I couldn't get evidence because I was in a 14 ft. boat at the time in the middle of a river and I seriously thought the thing was going to tip the boat and eat us.
I never saw a Bigfoot type creature, and frankly, I don't ever want to. With my luck I would be camping in a tent and not have a solid wall between me and it. But with daylight I would probably get brave enough to check out the area. After checking to make sure it was gone first!! I could send someone else out first to see if they got ate. Just kidding. With the sunlight comes courage for me.
One time I heard something bang on the bedroom window, but I didn't see anything. I checked outside the next morning and there was no trail in the grass to show that anything had stood there. I later learned that sometimes owls will beat their wings against walls and other structures to try and drive out sleeping prey. I accepted that as what happened to me. Does not sound like what you encountered though!
Old 24-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversLady

Being an old woodsman, I surely would of checked at the first good light of dawn. Perhaps this person possesses no woodcraft.

Wasn't there an account similar to this on the television program called -

Monster Quest ?
Old 24-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
Being an old woodsman, I surely would of checked at the first good light of dawn. Perhaps this person possesses no woodcraft.

Wasn't there an account similar to this on the television program called -

Monster Quest ?

I once lived in the woods for two years, actually. Unfortunately no 'woodcraft' can prepare you for things like that happening during a New Years get-together with a couple of friends, nor the emotional context of 'I'm the only one who saw it, they're going to think I'm nuts if I say anything' or the pressure of 'they all want to leave right now, I can't hold everybody up looking at dirt and grass'. Maybe if I'd had some kind of military or police or other emotion-stifling, endurance-based training I probably would have thought stuff like "Step one. Evidence. Step two. Pictures" or whatnot. I mean sorry, but most of us aren't that cool and systematic under pressure. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Do you know where I can find this account? Was it for a 'sasquatch' or something more canine like I described? What I saw was definitely not some kind of sasquatch. I'd be interested to hear the account though.

To clarify - I thought 'wendigo' was some kind of wolfman thing, so I guess it's my bad for the title of this thread.