Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Shabby

Yes, Joel Goldsmith was a spiritual healer. He too believed that by realizing that what was in front of us was simply an appearance, and counter acting upon that belief....others would heal. Spiritual healing is completely ego-less as the other person most often is not even aware of a healing taking place.

Many people have healed simply by being in the presence of a guru. It is the Gurus/Christ consciousness that makes all things right as they see everyone as they truly are and not as an individual thinks/believes he/she is.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Yes, Joel Goldsmith was a spiritual healer. He too believed that by realizing that what was in front of us was simply an appearance, and counter acting upon that belief....others would heal.
Thanks Shabby! I see that he has several books, do you know if any of them details the actual practice of counter acting the appearance in which others heal?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Shabby

Hey Seawolf,
Even though Joel is mostly known for his book "The Infinite Way", the book I read first was "The art of spiritual healing", which was given to me by someone I met briefly. I got a really big "click" from that one. I was thrown completely off course and fell actually into a depression for weeks.

I understood that my whole life had been based on ego (the belief in a separation from God) which I was deeply ashamed of. I forgave myself and healed in turn from many things and found great peace and joy.

I would like to add that what stood out to me from his teachings was that he said all problems must be met within one self.
Joel did not use the words "counter acting" ....that was my own interpretation. I found that an appearance can sometimes scare me or cause me to feel sorry for someone (not to be confused with being compassionate), but the truth is that we are all spirit and perfect already.

Jesus counter acted the appearance of someone being "possessed" by saying:"Get behind me satan. In this sense satan means simply the appearance of an illusion created by the belief in a separation from God. One could also say to one self that the appearance is a lie, or I do not fear you nor believe the appearance that is manifesting before me.

In the gospel of Thomas Jesus supposedly said:" know what is in front of you and that which is hidden will be revealed.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I heard someone say that the Universe (everything) is in you. The point was, if you SEE something negative in another person, it's not actually in the other person, it's in you. So you clean whatever it is in you (that seems like it's in the other person), because the Universe is in you. It's not about taking on guilt, but taking on responsibility. It's about addressing everything in ourselves personally that keep us from realizing our Divine nature. Then apparently, since the Universe is in all of us, cleaning ourselves will heal others.

It sounds a little to me like 'Why worry about the speck in your brothers eye when you have a plank in your own?'

I just shared ( a few minutes ago) a practice that I have learned in a thread called "Cultivating kindness" that speaks to this. It talks about owning it but it also talks about sending out in its place the opposite of what it brings as far as feelings go.
James
Old 08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Hey Seawolf,
I would like to add that what stood out to me from his teachings was that he said all problems must be met within one self.
Joel did not use the words "counter acting" ....that was my own interpretation. I found that an appearance can sometimes scare me or cause me to feel sorry for someone (not to be confused with being compassionate), but the truth is that we are all spirit and perfect already.
Thanks for clarifying that. I feel like that is incredible wisdom. It sounds like the idea is, we don't need to counteract, or 'fix', problems in others because they're already perfect. The problem is only in ourselves.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Master
Joel did not use the words "counter acting" ....that was my own interpretation. I found that an appearance can sometimes scare me or cause me to feel sorry for someone (not to be confused with being compassionate), but the truth is that we are all spirit and perfect already. Shabby

Yes and I think the practice of meeting all problems within ourselves evolves into the realization that the problems are dream-like, as is the dreamer, hence revealing the perfection.
This shows me that it is not a perfect world I seek, it is the perfection that is already there.
All this because of suffering and finding an end to it.......lol

Maybe The Buddha really knew something......lol

(I keep wanting say "not too shabby shabby"...lol) (forgive me if I weaken...lol)

Blessings, James
Old 08-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Joel did not use the words "counter acting" ....that was my own interpretation. I found that an appearance can sometimes scare me or cause me to feel sorry for someone (not to be confused with being compassionate), but the truth is that we are all spirit and perfect already. Shabby

Yes and I think the practice of meeting all problems within ourselves evolves into the realization that the problems are dream-like, as is the dreamer, hence revealing the perfection.
This shows me that it is not a perfect world I seek, it is the perfection that is already there.
All this because of suffering and finding an end to it.......lol

Maybe The Buddha really knew something......lol

(I keep wanting say "not too shabby shabby"...lol) (forgive me if I weaken...lol)

Blessings, James
Wonderful insight James! Going back to what rsingh said, the problem is simply a memory from the past. Perhaps meeting problems within ourselves that appear to be in others, is simply clearing past memory. But the key would be to fully accept responsiblilty for the memory, instead of holding on to the idea that it is outside of ourselves (in the other person).
Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Shabby

Thanks for clarifying that. I feel like that is incredible wisdom. It sounds like the idea is, we don't need to counteract, or 'fix', problems in others because they're already perfect. The problem is only in ourselves.

Yes and no lol. The way that I see it is that if it is brought to my attention I address it in the physical first and then look within my self for the belief that is not aligned with the truth. The reason I am pointing this out is because a spiritual person having the understanding that there is nothing outside of God may still be subject to perceiving old beliefs that linger still long after one is realized.

Think about a child being abused and it is right in front of you or you are being accused of stealing. What I am saying is that a belief has manifested ...act upon it but then address the belief that created the appearance.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Shabby

True...true : )
Old 08-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Shabby

Call me shabby for shabby sake : )