Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 27-09-2011, 01:48 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
Hello everyone
So yesterday I was taking a bit of a tour through a historical graveyard here in Philadelphia with one of my gal pals and suddenly two turkey vultures soared up together and landed right on the shoulders of these two super high angel tombstones, I captured these majestic creatures here with my camera...
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL218.../398647676.jpg
I'm in love with this image!

So, turkey vultures are not exactly common around Philadelphia, not extraordinarily rare, but you really do not see them very often at all, and what perfect timing. Vultures happen to be one of my favorite birds, I even sponsored one a few years ago.

A part of me is thinking that this may very well be a sign from the other side, I would love to know the spiritual meaning of these lovely creatures if anyone is willing to share.
Thanks

The turkey vulture is an amazing spiritual animal and has been for centuries, one of my animal guides is a turkey vulture. Here is some info that may give you some insight;

Quote:
Vulture-Buzzard:

Buzzard or Vulture teaches the power of purification of the mind, body and spirit. Vulture aids accomplishing tasks through great patience and vision, using your sense of smell and discernment, and how to glide and soar with your own energy. He teaches efficiency in actions and promises that changes are imminent. He shows how to restore harmony of thoughts and feelings so one can reach new heights with little effort. Buzzards will aid in uncovering truths, clarifying previous conceptions, and allow to see and hear subtle hidden qualities using intuition and awareness. Buzzard can teach confidence and the ability to stand with dignity and soar with clarity and purpose. He shows how to seek a new and heightened vision while increasing sensitivity. It is time to soar above your perceived limitations. Are you currently undergoing an internal death and rebirth cycle? Are you ready to assert your actions from your ideas? Buzzard will aid in transforming knowledge to bring the unconscious to conscious and teach how to soar above it and bring the transformation you are needing at this time. Are you ready for these lessons of awakening?

http://www.starstuffs.com/animal_tot...y_of_birds.htm

This site has a good bit of info;

http://sped2work.tripod.com/totem.html

Happy hunting, hope you gain some insight.
Old 27-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Distortedsoundz

The other one I took is actually a bit clearer and better and both vultures are facing each other. I uploaded the wrong one by accident but it is still great nonetheless. I am a big fan of birds of prey/flesh eating birds. Funny, I am a vegetarian. I too do photography. I still use 35mm film but this was digital. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Distoredsoundz - Your welcome. You have to admit the juxtaposition of the black vultures (often associated with death since they are carrion birds) on top of the white angels (which appears to those at death to guide them) is just too unreal. The composition is remarkable. A highly spiritual photo, that's for sure. I'd definitely frame that one! Can you tell I'm a photographer?

Blackraven
Old 27-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Distortedsoundz

Thank you for the great links! Lucky you to have a turkey vulture, they are awfully smart and handsome ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
The turkey vulture is an amazing spiritual animal and has been for centuries, one of my animal guides is a turkey vulture. Here is some info that may give you some insight;

http://www.starstuffs.com/animal_tot...y_of_birds.htm

This site has a good bit of info;

http://sped2work.tripod.com/totem.html

Happy hunting, hope you gain some insight.
Old 27-09-2011, 02:33 AM
mattie

Great Pic

They are huge.
Old 27-09-2011, 03:50 PM
scorpiowitch66

Hi Distortedsoundz from fellow a delaware valley resident! (south Jersey)

That is a great pic! Glad you got some tips on what they represent. I see a little flock of them every time I drive the AC expressway which is almost everyday because I live right off an exit... I wondered what they represent many times and glad to hear they are not all doom and gloom, lol
Old 27-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Distortedsoundz

Oh so you are pretty close to me!

I did not think that they were all doom and gloom, people misunderstand these great creatires. I think that everything has its place on this earth! I love the info I got on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiowitch66
Hi Distortedsoundz from fellow a delaware valley resident! (south Jersey)

That is a great pic! Glad you got some tips on what they represent. I see a little flock of them every time I drive the AC expressway which is almost everyday because I live right off an exit... I wondered what they represent many times and glad to hear they are not all doom and gloom, lol
Old 28-09-2011, 06:28 PM
scorpiowitch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
Oh so you are pretty close to me!

I did not think that they were all doom and gloom, people misunderstand these great creatires. I think that everything has its place on this earth! I love the info I got on them.

Yep :O) was just in Philly last Saturday...

This morning, the flock was very close to the road (ahh!) and I got a good look at them. They actually real live turkeys! LOL
Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Greyeyes

The turkey vultures are also known as Peace Eagles. When the battle is over, when the fighting is done, the Peace Eagles come to bring peace and clean up the mess. What dramas or conflicts were coming to an end in your life?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Sentientno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyeyes
The turkey vultures are also known as Peace Eagles. When the battle is over, when the fighting is done, the Peace Eagles come to bring peace and clean up the mess. What dramas or conflicts were coming to an end in your life?

Have never heard them called peace eagles before. That strikes a chord in me. Thanks Grey.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 AM
nightowl

I have never heard this before either Sent, I do like the image it brings to mind.