Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Air Spirit

deleted due to disorganized posting
Old 15-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Air Spirit

Healing is risky. It can take away natural instincts needed to survive. It can dissolve the inner warning mechanisms. That is what I don't like about it.
Thank you all for helping me come to this
Old 15-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Enya

Glad we could be of help... Healing is risky... so is loving. What healing does is not to take away natural survival instincts or inner warnings, but to help release such things which are no longer necessary or are keeping the person/soul from reaching past limiting conditioning to their true potential.

Such a process can feel very threatening indeed, which is why many people will refuse or resist healing. We get comfortable with our defense mechanisms, we're used to them and they do their job very well. But... there comes a time when we are ready to move beyond them, to take down a few walls and grow flower instead. That's when the courage to heal self opens wonderful new possibilities.
Old 15-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Master
Air Spirit: i guess i have learnt how to live in a damaged and broken state, and it is at least familiar and safe. being healed will put me into a new state that is unfamiliar and unknown

Yes Air Spirit... I understand that your familiar way of being is disrupted by healing, and we all resist change... even for the good. Thing is... once we get used to the new way we find we like it much better.

I often wonder how it is they are so good at helping and its because of this

Many of us became good at helping through our own healing process. As for me, years ago I was compelled to learn how to heal negative emotional patterns, such as my own fear and depression. Not only did I learn How to heal but That we really can be healed, and I share what I've learned with others because I care about how they feel.

something must happen to make one realize that they are indeed out of balance. it can become natural to be out of balance

Yes... Something happens to make one see that. Balance is the way of nature, but when we are out of balance it can be familiar and even common in our world, though not really 'natural'.

...another possible attitude is not that something is 'wrong' but that you want to experience life in a freer, more creative, more expansive way and healing can lead to that.

I'm not sure about this

Does this mean you're not sure it's possible? or not sure it's really possible for you? or something else.

Healing is risky. It can take away natural instincts needed to survive. It can dissolve the inner warning mechanisms. That is what I don't like about it.

Healing gets us free from fear, which some people rely on as their inner warning system. As fear fades away it is replaced by our truly natural sense of self-protection which is not based on fear. In fact fear hides our best qualities from us... our wisdom and strength and love. As our healing lets these come out more it is quite a happy surprise and we live better and safer than before.

But I'm wondering what your real question is, Air Spirit... about yourself and if you are considering how you might benefit from healing in some way... or if maybe someone is working on healing with you and you're not sure you trust the process.

I think so, I'll have to think about it more. i do not trust it indeed

You might think about allowing your mistrust to get healed.
Feelings like this come from being harmed by others in the past, but I know from my own experience that this can change. We can learn to trust our own inner being most of all.

Xan

Old 15-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Spirit
I don't know why I feel uncomfortable, but I only know I just do feel uncomfortable. There is a lot of uncertainty involved in it.
Why do others help?
How does one know that they need healing?
What is so good about being healed and why is it something that must be done?
Healing suggests self denial to me, I think that is why I don't like it. Like there is something wrong with you that must be fixed

Healing is bringing back balance that was lost. Try and look at it that way. Some people are gifted in helping others reclaim that balance.
Old 15-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Experiencer
Hi Air Spirit.

The bottom line in all self healing, is facing things we have repressed because they were "uncomfortable".

So naturally when we come to the process of healing it's going to be uncomfortable because what healing really is is shining the Light upon those uncomfortable areas we have repressed.
Exposing them so we can love them and let them go.
But here is the thing.
That which caused the repression, possibly thousands of years and many lifetimes ago.... which became a "dis-ease" because of all the energy to keep it repressed threw the mechanism (the body) out of balance.... when we finally shine the light on it we see that what it really is, in relation to what it has become from being fed all that energy needed to keep it repressed.... is really quite a small thing.

Just like in human relationships where folks stay in really ****** relationships because that is what they know, rather than face a fearful unknown.... so we are with those parts of ourselves we have hidden away because they were not comfortable.... because we once judged them as "bad". or negative...
It's easier to keep them repressed than to deal with the fear of what we might come face to face with if we shine the Light on em.

In all cases "Healing" comes down to facing our judgments...

There is no ill health save in duality..... created upon judgments.
Old 17-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Master
EFT which Xan has shared information about on this forum can work great to help dissolve the past pains and it can also help you to feel more at ease about the whole thing. it's really a pretty miraculous thing that can help you unravel your hidden truths and tap into your loving wisdom. no pun intended lol but EFT is "tapping"

I think one of the first things you need to do is to realize what gains you are getting from keeping this attitude and mode of life

I can relate to you because I am going to heal myself a Lot (or try) soon and I'm a bit worried of what I'll do/have to do after I've been "fixed". I'll have no more excuses then.. I guess that's why people create more hurdles for themselves sometimes, so that they have another fresh excuse.. lol but I am gonna try really hard to not look back and to try to find a way to really live life. there truly is a lot of wonderful possibility and reality in the world. for you and everyone
Old 17-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Topology

Quote:
What does one do after healing

I am on a healing journey, but am finding it very uncomfortable. I am not sure what to do in that healed state. Once healed, then what?
And what is suppose to be done for those who assist in the healing?

What you do after healing is completely up to you. Usually you have more opportunity to express yourself in ways you were not able to before the healing. Healing is supposed to bring you to a greater sense of wholeness.

I feel like I'm sensing a hesitancy to talk about what kind of healing you are going to go through. Is that correct? If you're hesitant to talk about the process and you're not feeling inspired about going through with it, those are some things to look at.

I don't know your circumstances, so I'll just comment generally. Not every healing modality is right for every person. Not every healer is right for every person. If your inner guidance is resisting a specific healing/healer then listen to that. If on the other hand it is fear of the unknown and not your intuition, then I would say follow your inspiration. If you're not inspired to go through the healing process (and go through it with no expectation) then why go through this specific event?

As for compensation of the healers.... That really depends on what is going on. Some people offer energy work for free because it feels just as good to give as it does to receive. Dr.'s need to pay bills, so they charge money. Some people accept trade in services, barter.

Without knowing more about the specifics of the healing modality and other circumstances, its hard to speak other than in generalities. We engage the healing process, as patients and practitioners, to become more whole.
Old 17-07-2011, 10:56 AM
seahorse

Quote:
Thank you all for helping me come to this

Now you see the truth i think. Get out of where you have involved yourself beefore it's too late. Not everything that shines is gold. There is darkness at work at spirituality forums. Some people with severe psychological problems try to convince people it's right to suffer and alienate themselves from family and friends. They seek to spread their disease. They only seek to make you their mindless slave. Believe in yourself, not in self-proclaimed messiahs or prophets. Many people committed suicide or were admitted in psychiatric clinics for following such "cleansing" paths. You are the best advisor of yourself, hear no one else. If your gut instincts say run, they're usually right. People who say it's right to completely abolish your ego and demand blind faith are evil. I do speak from experience.
Old 17-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Topology

Seahorse,

I triggered on that too. The fact that she seems afraid to talk about it in any detail makes me wonder if there is something else going on that is being called a "Healing" to make her go through with it.

A real healing does not dismantle your innate intuition, but heightens it.