Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
mattie

How We View & React To Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
...When we (at least me) see evil, out of fear, we tend to refuse that it is evil.

Why do you refuse to see it as a voluntarily negative energy?

Quote:
We try to see it as good.

There are certain schools of thought that feel that fixing things is by insisting that everything is good.
This is a considerable amount of focus on external things rather than how we perceive it.

Quote:
This is nothing but loss of time and by seeing as good we give power to evil. So, first step is accepting that EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad.

Good/evil. Very polarized view.
Others may be operating at a very low frequency (What we call evil.), but this is their journey. We give power to negative energies by choosing to react in fear.

Quote:
The next step, is understanding that evil can't do anything to you if you yourself don't want it. ... The solution to this is self forgiveness whatever we do to ourself in the face of evil. Self-forgiveness is real strength, shows that we are free of others' (good or evil) judgment.

You’re right that we have the option to select what emotions & thoughts we have. We can even have the initial fear feeling, but still decline to have the ensuing fear emotion, the part we voluntarily generate. In time as we deal w/ the emotion of fear, the initial feeling of fear will also lessen, then simply not exist for us.

It is useful to have patience & compassion w/ self as we work through our fear & limitation issues. There is really nothing to forgive. To forgive infers that we have done something wrong that needs to be forgiven. We are here to live & learn, not be some sort of spiritually perfect automaton. We all work through these issues at some point in our journey, whether it is this lifetime or another one. If forgiveness is a gateway to accessing the internal wisdom of having patience & compassion for self this is OK, but move past self needing to be forgiven for not handing things like moving past fear or other issues as fast as one might want to simply realizing this is part of your learning process. All of this is a learning process.

Quote:
I also realized that little children can do what evil entities do, so there is nothing special with them.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Can you explain more about this?

3dnow[/quote] Finally, I am not at this stage yet, but I feel like I will finally have compassion for evil. [/quote]

Mostly have compassion for self. That which is perceived as evil is on its own journey. It might be useful to examine the good/evil duality perspective. Most things fall in-between these extreme polarities. One of the ways we give things power is when we use highly polarized language. The next time one tends to think of things as ‘evil’ replace this word w/ not useful or not productive. Likewise, we often aggrandize things as ‘good’ when they are simply useful.

3dnow[/quote] Well the problem is that the worst evil is the one that appears to be good. This is what I meant. Understanding and accepting that it is real evil. [/quote]

Always be willing to TRUST your gut feeling about this stuff. If it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Master
i tend to try to trace emotional/ intuitive reaction back to the base instinct from which it arises. "evil" is a threat or a perceived threat to personal or species survival. "evil" is that which we fear. it's as simple as that. though humans can manifest all kinds of complicated versions of "evil" the instinctual self preserving fear we may feel remains simple.

if you were a self aware mouse a cat would be evil incarnate.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Deactivated Account
I like Deepak Chopra's view, which is there is no 'good' vs 'evil,' only different levels of consciousness.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I like Deepak Chopra's view, which is there is no 'good' vs 'evil,' only different levels of consciousness.

well sure but the fear of "evil" is based in survival instincts. when humans became self aware and imaginative those basic instincts moved into the arena of "spirit" and became superstition.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Aquarian

I see your Deepak and raise you one allegedly ascended master. Yogananda was perfectly clear about the existence of evil and even met Satan in the flesh.

Of course, Satan would have created fear so being afraid of him is essentially worship.

3dnow - is your entity more or less evil than mine?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
3dnow

Hi Mattie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Why do you refuse to see it as a voluntarily negative energy?

Negative energy negative entity is the same for me.

Quote:
There are certain schools of thought that feel that fixing things is by insisting that everything is good.
This is a considerable amount of focus on external things rather than how we perceive it.

I tried that. I said myself if these are happening to me it must be necessary.

Quote:
Good/evil. Very polarized view.
Others may be operating at a very low frequency (What we call evil.), but this is their journey. We give power to negative energies by choosing to react in fear.

Agreed.

Quote:
You’re right that we have the option to select what emotions & thoughts we have. We can even have the initial fear feeling, but still decline to have the ensuing fear emotion, the part we voluntarily generate. In time as we deal w/ the emotion of fear, the initial feeling of fear will also lessen, then simply not exist for us.

Yes and there is not only real fear, we sometimes choose to fear. It is a habit.

Quote:
It is useful to have patience & compassion w/ self as we work through our fear & limitation issues. There is really nothing to forgive. To forgive infers that we have done something wrong that merits forgiveness. We are here to live & learn, not be some sort of spiritually perfect automaton. We all work through these issues at some point in our journey, whether it is this lifetime or another one. If forgiveness is a gateway to accessing the internal wisdom of having patience & compassion for self this is OK, but move past self needing to be forgiven for not handing things like moving past fear or other issues as fast as one might want to simply realizing this is part of your learning process. All of this is a learning process.

Yes by self-forgiveness I mean not beating ourself.

Fear also should be self-forgiven. No problem being fearful.

Quote:
Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Can you explain more about this?

Well think about it, what they do negative entities? They cheat, lie, torture, try to scare by changing appearance, which are even easier telepathically. Nothing special with this. Honestly I tell you, there was a part of me who admired the evil's work. No problem with that but now I see that they have nothing special. I would rather admire those who design rockets and send to mars, etc.

Quote:
Mostly have compassion for self. That which is perceived as evil is on its own journey. It might be useful to examine the good/evil duality perspective. Most things fall in-between these extreme polarities. One of the ways we give things power is when we use highly polarized language. The next time one tends to think of things as ‘evil’ replace this word w/ not useful or not productive. Likewise, we often aggrandize things as ‘good’ when they are simply useful.

True.

Quote:
Always be willing to TRUST your gut feeling about this stuff. If it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t.
[/quote]

Right.

3dnow
Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
I see your Deepak and raise you one allegedly ascended master. Yogananda was perfectly clear about the existence of evil and even met Satan in the flesh.

Of course, Satan would have created fear so being afraid of him is essentially worship.

3dnow - is your entity more or less evil than mine?

Hi Aquarian I don't know. Good luck to you too.

3dnow
Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Sundialed

evil ain't bad, i would never have the chance to become a better person if i weren't tested with d'evils

the only thing wrong with the negative forces of the world right now is that they are very strong and clear about making sure we don't make it, and stay in this materially driven illusion we are living. they need to be transformed with love because only love can heal negativity.

what matters first though is healing all negativity within me with love. every time it arises i send it to my heart, breathe and focus and forgive and understand.

if only i could remember the wisdom of love i wouldn't be blinded from time to time. i guess hating your ego's is ego as well. the neg of anger.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Master
"evil" = threat.

i suppose it's up to the individual or culture to decide what is threatening.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
"evil" = threat.

i suppose it's up to the individual or culture to decide what is threatening.

exactly, if the europeans came over and shared there culture instead of enslaved everybody they wouldn't have been an evil! they messed up the welcoming mat that's for sure.