Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff4freedom
However it is not a good launch pad for non-physical travels due to the etheric connection which is basically like a Anchor.
I'm sorry, but we have *DOZENS* of people, including myself, on the Astral Pulse who project just fine from Sleep Paralysis and even use it on a regular base state as their launchpad for their experiences.

When you say it's not a good launchpad, I think you should make it 100% clear that you're referring to just yourself, because it's not a statement you can apply to everyone.

I just wanted to point that out quickly.
Old 16-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Experiencer
Maybe I'd better clarify. In a state of sleep paralysis the consciousness is identified with the etheric body.... Projecting IN this state is not a good idea as it is an attempt to project the etheric body, which for one thing isn't all that healthy..... although very few actually have the energy to even pull this off, so I understand the Mis-understanding here. What you are referring to is switching...from the etheric state of sleep paralysis to the astral body, then projecting.... A totally different matter..
Old 16-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Alan

Quote:
Maybe I'd better clarify. In a state of sleep paralysis the consciousness is identified with the etheric body.... Projecting IN this state is not a good idea as it is an attempt to project the etheric body, which for one thing isn't all that healthy..... although very few actually have the energy to even pull this off, so I understand the Mis-understanding here. What you are referring to is switching...from the etheric state of sleep paralysis to the astral body, then projecting.... A totally different matter..
I'm not sure what you mean. I and many others have projected from sleep paralysis and I'm pretty sure it doesn't result in etheric projection.
Old 16-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Guide
Quote:
Yeah, I really have no idea what you mean here.

Pardon my understanding here... but you really sound like you're trying to make all of this way more complicated than it actually is.

As for all the "body" talk (etheric, astral, mental, etc)... I'm not a big fan of them. I think it's just in the interpretation of each persons experience and that they don't objectively exist outside your interpretation that they do.

I also feel that they overly complicate matters, such as you've made completely clear. LoL

It might be a "totally different matter" to you, but to me we're all talking the same thing. Astral Projection = Lucid Dream = Dream = OBE = Phasing = anything else that you experience that doesn't happen in this physical reality frame.
Old 18-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Summerlander

Read my signature...it's all the same thing.
Old 18-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Experiencer
Alan and Xanth, "you and many others have projected from sleep paralysis... The key word here is From.... If you were projecting IN a state of sleep paralysis...it would be etheric projection, which as I noted has it's drawbacks.... What you are doing is astral projecting....out of sleep paralysis.....
Do you see the difference?
Old 18-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Alan

Quote:
Alan and Xanth, "you and many others have projected from sleep paralysis... The key word here is From.... If you were projecting IN a state of sleep paralysis...it would be etheric projection, which as I noted has it's drawbacks.... What you are doing is astral projecting....out of sleep paralysis.....
Do you see the difference?
Can you describe the process of projecting in as opposed to from?
Old 18-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Master

What Xanth says is very good. It does not matter what it is, either etheric, mental or astral. Who cares. Just enjoy yourself or whatever.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Experiencer
If you were projecting IN Sleep Paralysis.
you'd be centered in your etheric body
and the projection would be etheric

If you were Projecting from
Youd be breaking the etheric tie of the "Sleep Paralysis
and switching to your astral Body

Sleep Paralysis is an etheric condition
When one is in sleep paralysis
their consciousness is centered in
the etheric body.

You can't project the astral consciousness
with the Etheric Body

You must switch to the astral body

and this severs that conscious link to the etheric.

Hence you can't project IN Sleep Paralysis

you can only project from it..

Unless on rare occasions you are as wild and crazy as me
and try it...
You won't like it...

It's like the opposite of the Freedom you are getting in Astral Projection
It's like you are towing a freaking boat
by hand
ON LAND
Old 18-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Experiencer
Suzy,
It never hurts to know what you are doing..