Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-07-2011, 10:09 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
why would the ego be false? what's false about it? how is it any more false than any other expression of creation?

I think Moke means is that the ego is not indictive of the true self ...just my 2 cents
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Air Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
I think Moke means is that the ego is not indictive of the true self ...just my 2 cents

I agree

(not long enough. here is some more noise so my response will post)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Air Spirit

After reading mattie's main post, I got the sense that it tries to show that resolve and reconciliation with the ego is best. Individual ego is a part of our whole, so if there is something in it that someone does not like, maybe there is some work there to be done. After all, it is a unit of the true self
Old 10-07-2011, 10:43 PM
moke64916

Recognition of ego is first step to stop the ego's persistance. I think Mattie is trying to affiliate ego with self, or just trying to understand. When really ego dies in the Present Moment. Ego strives off time. Your true Self sheds to light in the Present Moment.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

We already have a very appropriate word, 'Self', that almost everyone understands as a reference to our individuality.. why do we need a word like 'ego', that there is so much misunderstanding and disagreement about.. i really have no use for the word 'ego', it breeds conflict and confusion.. you are who you are, it you display a persona that is different than who you 'really are', then you 'are' a deceiver.. the false personal is not an 'ego', it's a 'lie'..

Be well..
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human

truth be told ... i don't know what folks mean by the term "true self". all my selves are true, though they be different aspects of a whole.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Recognition of ego is first step to stop the ego's persistance. I think Mattie is trying to affiliate ego with self, or just trying to understand. When really ego dies in the Present Moment. Ego strives off time. Your true Self sheds to light in the Present Moment.

but i don't wanna stop my ego's persistance. she allows me to function in the "real" world. without her i'd probably be on some heavy psychotropic drugs or drooling in the corner of a padded room. i mean, she's not a very big ego but she does have some definite beliefs as to what is real and what is not and i need that.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:05 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

the false personal is not an 'ego', it's a 'lie'..

Be well..

Same thing. Ego, lie. They both mean the same thing to me. Both meanings Ego/lie, both reaching the same conclusion. You use the word 'lie,' I use the word 'ego.' But we have both come to the same conclusion, unless not.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Same thing. Ego, lie. They both mean the same thing to me. Both meanings Ego/lie, both reaching the same conclusion. You use the word 'lie,' I use the word 'ego.' But we have both come to the same conclusion, unless not.

i resent that. she is NOT a lie. she's my shield and my sword in a hostile environment and she's as real as any of your manifestations.

lol grrrrr!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Ego is simply our personality/individuality/self. A neutral mechanism that is neither good nor bad.

Totally agree, what I can't understand is why the word 'ego' is used as a big stick to beat the self or others with?

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...