Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I would say it's like having thoughts that aren't yours pop into your head. Like hearing a radio station that is a bit off station and you catch different words and feelings. It is like another "sense", it just kicks in when it chooses to! lol

I remember one night years back sitting in my living room reading a book.. Suddenly a voice popped into my head and said, "John Ritter is going to die." I sat there for a moment and thought, "where the hell did that come from, I haven't thought of John Ritter in years."

Three days later, he did pass away....... This all knowing voice inside can be tapped into at will by getting quiet and relaxing your mind... Then just ask a question and listen. Sometimes the voice is loud and clear, other times the answer is like two different sets of thoughts in your head..Like higher thoughts running next to your usually everyday thoughts.
Old 26-05-2011, 02:18 PM
therefinedmind

I agree with the picking up on people's energy and intentions. And I also commonly experience words popping into my head. It mainly happens when I am just about to wake up from sleep, or when I am in a very relaxed brainwave state. It is similar to having a song play in your head, but the words are not yours and you don't know where they came from. Sometimes just as I wake up, I see someone pointing to the words as if they are in a book. Always, as soon as I am conscious of what is happening, it stops. I never get more than about a sentence before I become conscious, but the words are often quite profound.
Old 26-05-2011, 03:38 PM
beth

Thanks for bringing this up. I've been having some real intense feelings lately and I'm confused about what they mean and how to interpret them. NightOwl has been helping me figure things out and she's been wonderful. These threads has shine some light on my sitution. Thanks for posting.

Beth
Old 26-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth
Thanks for bringing this up. I've been having some real intense feelings lately and I'm confused about what they mean and how to interpret them. NightOwl has been helping me figure things out and she's been wonderful. These threads has shine some light on my sitution. Thanks for posting.

Beth

Remember one thing beth; when it come to the psychic mind, we can also pick up on other people's fears, sadness and intense feelings. It is easy to mistake those feelings for our own because they can be so strong. So you might want to think about the other people involved in these situations and how they are feeling and acting or even what their intentions are.

Perhaps this will help you sort through the feelings.
Old 26-05-2011, 04:20 PM
beth

Thank's Mind's Eye,

I'm just really confused about who's feelings they are. I know the person it surrounds but how can I figure out if its him or me. I haven't had any contact with this person in a yr. The last one I had was this past Sunday. I was sitting outside. And then this knot I guess best way that I can desribe it, in my stomach and a feeling of him came over me. I was on my way back into the house when this happen. I just stopped and said "huh" It wasn't a bad feeling, just a very strong feeling.

Thanks
Beth
Old 26-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Remember one thing beth; when it come to the psychic mind, we can also pick up on other people's fears, sadness and intense feelings. It is easy to mistake those feelings for our own because they can be so strong. So you might want to think about the other people involved in these situations and how they are feeling and acting or even what their intentions are.

Perhaps this will help you sort through the feelings.

I don't think we can remind ourselves enough of this, I mean, how many sensitive people etc. have mistakenly thought it was them, when it was someone else, or a bunch of someone elses.

Old 26-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I don't think we can remind ourselves enough of this, I mean, how many sensitive people etc. have mistakenly thought it was them, when it was someone else, or a bunch of someone elses.

I used to feel sick and have a number of symptoms when I would visit someone in a hospital... At first I just thought I had a phobia of such places. But later I found out what was really happening. I'm much better in hospitals now, although I can still feel a little off at times.
Old 26-05-2011, 08:07 PM
NiteOwl

It's interesting reading what every one has to say. I guess some how I knew all along I was psychic, but just now (over the past couple years) I'm embracing it.

I have no idea what it's like to not be psychic. To not see things, or know things. The bliss of ignorance is not some thing I can veil my eyes...errr, 3rd eye...with ever again.

What a ride!
Old 26-05-2011, 08:13 PM
NiteOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Hi NiteOwl ...I am not sure of the wording 6th sense and I believe every-one is gifted ..psychic..Love the verse Desirata..

Are you asking people what it feels like for them ..seeing something or knowing something..

Like for example : if a person is a conscious channel ..they do pick up an awareness of high energy that feels like billions of active bubbles ( normally behind back). Then the person may Gage instantly if safe or not.this is a knowing through learning differences via experiences over time..as well as using a safe positive belief system...Energy enters the body..And it feels like you are sitting back watching some-one else relay information.

Is this what you mean ??

If not sorry
:)

No need to apologize! At times I can be brief (to avoid over explaining things, LOL) and if I wasn't clear, I apologize.

I was asking if others can sum up what it means to be in tune with their abilities, or if it's some thing that is just as difficult to explain as another one of our natural senses. I agree that every one can be taught and has the natural ability, but for those who aren't in touch, it's almost impossible to explain, I suppose. JIMHO
Old 27-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Pheonix

Yes it's hard to explain. I on one part have this crazy fairytale life that if I explained to a normal person I'd really look like I'd gone bonkers.

It feel natural at times and sometimes hard.

Trying to explain the pictures I recieve I could only say the colours are more vibrant than we have here kind of like high definition. The messages come in as feelings and spirit are the best people I could ever be around. If I had it my way I'd be living over there forever.