Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-07-2023, 06:04 PM
Master

Thanks Molearner. That sort of sums it up but he said THAT is where the balance is and where we should strive towards. Fairly common sense to me and as i said, similar to what Buddha taught.
Old 11-07-2023, 06:06 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncestralEchoes
. I also appreciated being reminded of Rudolf Steiner's Six Basic Exercises for Esoteric Development, as those back up the Divine principle of balance.
https://youtu.be/3JWNr0SvIVM
AncestralEchoes,

Thanks for the link…..a daunting task to view. Too much information in video format as opposed to written format. With a book one can dwell on that of significance and underline and return at will.

Mentioning Steiner reminded me of a spiritual exercise that he recommended…..intentionally reviewing the day’s events in reverse order. This was done in conjunction with developing true intuition which he regarded as the highest form of cognition.

The part of the video that I did watch left me with the thought that perhaps what we think of as progress actually requires regression…..a return to the source. That exercise that I mentioned seems to point to that facility. Religion in its truest definition is to return or reconnect to that which was lost….our connection to God. The Latin being re-ligare. Reconnect. For Christians they will recognize as the story of the Prodigal Son.
Old 11-07-2023, 06:33 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Thanks Molearner. That sort of sums it up but he said THAT is where the balance is and where we should strive towards. Fairly common sense to me and as i said, similar to what Buddha taught.
Redchic12,

Not sure how you understand the vesica pices. Here is my understanding: For example when 2 individuals come together to form a relationship or marriage, the two become one. The overlapping of themselves takes the form of a fish….picis. What allows them to mesh is a surrender of their egos. In other words I will overlook your faults…..forgive or not judge. The relationship(love) is of higher value than any points of separation. When this occurs there comes the presence of a third party….the divine, God. We are separated from God by the ego….so whenever there is a void of the ego then the divine will always inhabit that space. This is the balance of a teeter totter….a central point supporting two…where balance is achieved……
Old 11-07-2023, 06:55 PM
Molearner

In broader terms instead of thinking of personal relationships we can think of the calling of a truce….meeting in the middle. A truce is called for the preservation of life. In my mind one can make the case that life is love……
Old 11-07-2023, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Redchic12,In other words I will overlook your faults…..forgive or not judge.
There are some faults that should not be overlooked, it obviously depends on what they are, to judge certain faults can be very beneficial to yourself and others....
Imo....
Old 11-07-2023, 07:28 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
There are some faults that should not be overlooked, it obviously depends on what they are, to judge certain faults can be very beneficial to yourself and others.... Imo....
Sky,

I was speaking of people that enter a relationship instead of those without any attraction to a specific person. In other words, just stating the obvious……
Old 11-07-2023, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky,
I was speaking of people that enter a relationship instead of those without any attraction to a specific person. In other words, just stating the obvious……
In or out of a relationship, the same applies, imo...
Old 11-07-2023, 09:35 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
In or out of a relationship, the same applies, imo...
Sky,

If you are intent on judging faults in others and not being able to forgive yet believe that is beneficial to a relationship….that of course is your right….it seems like wanting to impose a restriction on others by holding that over them….thankfully God is able to forgive IMO……
Old 12-07-2023, 03:36 AM
Master
@Redchic12 post #10 ~ yes, of course. Let me go through the entire video. Usually, I watch slowly, over many days, cross checking references to books or teachers to which the speaker points out to.

All paths are valid but may not be of our choosing. In my case, I don’t see myself embracing any school of formatted spiritual practice, preferring instead, simply to slip into tranquil silence.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky,
If you are intent on judging faults in others and not being able to forgive yet believe that is beneficial to a relationship….that of course is your right….
That is not what I meant Mo nor did I say that. We can judge and also forgive the faults of others as we can of ourselves....