Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-03-2022, 11:55 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It is not the personality which awakens, it is Consciousness waking up to itself.

Thanks again tamthat for your response. I have a question: what do you mean by it is not the personality that awakens? Using myself as an example, I'm experiencing the outside world as if for the first time, if that makes sense. I am in awe of the outside world to say it another way. Is this not the personality waking up?
Old 12-03-2022, 04:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
You're so good at explaining :)
but can i ask a question? what does that mean that the universe works one with you?

I would say when your in harmony (without suffering and conflict) within, you see how the natural laws of the universe work, which becomes a unified experience as yourself. I’m a great believer, everything is within, so become aware of the universe within you and your experience moves one with those natural laws.

A great many people practice the law of attraction and become aware of how life can be lived beyond normal mundane experience.

For me, it’s about becoming the practice as yourself. Integrate it as part of potential of the true self. See yourself as the universe from within and respect those natural laws as yourself.
The universe is made up of experiences that are designed to burn out your attachment, your clinging, to pleasure, to pain, to fear, to all of it. And as long as there is a place where you’re vulnerable, the universe will find a way to confront you with it. - Ram Dass

Last edited by JustBe : 12-03-2022 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Master

Quote:
I have a question: what do you mean by it is not the personality that awakens? Using myself as an example, I'm experiencing the outside world as if for the first time, if that makes sense. I am in awe of the outside world to say it another way. Is this not the personality waking up?
For many people their personality is their identity and the consciousness which gazes out through the eyes is a mystery.

When we identify more with Consciousness then we realise that the personality is not an identity. It is simply a collection of behaviour patterns with certain tendencies and responses. Personality is a vehicle through which Consciousness finds expression.

If awakening is the process of Consciousness becoming aware of itself then this may be experienced through the personality but it is not the personality itself which awakens. If anything, the importance of the personality diminishes.

I am not sure if I am explaining it clearly. And of course, this is only my perspective.

You say that you are experiencing the outside world as if for the first time. This does make sense. I have vague memories of being a small child, and colours seemed brighter, smells were sharper, everything was new and fresh. Gradually it all becomes familiar and the senses become dull. Maybe we look at a tree and we do not see the tree as it is, we just see a familiar form and we apply the label "tree".

In Zen there is the idea of "beginner's mind". This is a return to that state where everything is new and fresh. We have let go of preconceptions and labels and expectations. Our sense of wonder at the everyday world we live in has been restored. This is Consciousness being present, free from the conditioned personality.

Peace
Old 12-03-2022, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
In Zen there is the idea of "beginner's mind". This is a return to that state where everything is new and fresh. We have let go of preconceptions and labels and expectations. Our sense of wonder at the everyday world we live in has been restored. This is Consciousness being present, free from the conditioned personality.
Reminds me of what Jesus said about how we have to become as small children in order to enter the kingdom of heaven - I think this is what he was getting at, essentially, seeing the world anew and with innocent, child-like wonder.
Old 13-03-2022, 12:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Reminds me of what Jesus said about how we have to become as small children in order to enter the kingdom of heaven - I think this is what he was getting at, essentially, seeing the world anew and with innocent, child-like wonder.

Which if you’ve integrated your inner child, you would feel the difference between nasty/disrespectful and playfulnsss.

If you read the follow up from fairy, you can see why not owning what you feel fully no matter what you feel will always interpret feeling as an external issue.and it’s these stories that blame rather than feel ...you liberate the inner child through feeling.

The inner child holds learned patterns and until those patterns are released you’ll see those patterns play out as reactions.
My inner child feels carefree and liberated.
The universe is made up of experiences that are designed to burn out your attachment, your clinging, to pleasure, to pain, to fear, to all of it. And as long as there is a place where you’re vulnerable, the universe will find a way to confront you with it. - Ram Dass
Old 13-03-2022, 10:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Why do people awaken? What's the purpose of awakening? Why do some people awaken and other do not? Is it really because some of us are ready while others are not?
)

I'm not at all sure what you are talking about.

'awaken' - what's that ?

Who and where are those people who are not 'awakened', or if you like, who and where are those people who are 'awakened'?

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 13-03-2022, 10:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I'm not at all sure what you are talking about.

'awaken' - what's that ?

Who and where are those people who are not 'awakened', or if you like, who and where are those people who are 'awakened'?

I’m sure you know what she’s referring too. People who become seekers of themselves don’t land in places like this, if their is nothing to seek and grow through.

But even in your questions, it does become irrelevant to either side when you no longer are seeking to awaken. When your content as you, with life you do tend to just be..😉
Old 14-03-2022, 08:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I’m sure you know what she’s referring too. People who become seekers of themselves don’t land in places like this, if their is nothing to seek and grow through.

B😉

If I knew to what she was referring I wouldn't have put the question. If, as it seems, awokend ones are those who 'seek' then that needs to be defined too.
At least outwardly it seems that most people don't seek, that is most people are seemingly therefore not awake. I don't quite see what difference it makes for even those who to call themselves 'woken' still can't see the wood for the trees.

I don't mean this in any unfriendly manner - it would just be nice to know the meaning and definition of words we use while perhaps not being aware of the implications that follow.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 14-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
If I knew to what she was referring I wouldn't have put the question. If, as it seems, awokend ones are those who 'seek' then that needs to be defined too.
At least outwardly it seems that most people don't seek, that is most people are seemingly therefore not awake. I don't quite see what difference it makes for even those who to call themselves 'woken' still can't see the wood for the trees.

I don't mean this in any unfriendly manner - it would just be nice to know the meaning and definition of words we use while perhaps not being aware of the implications that follow.

I hear you and I was more thinking, why would you ask this in a spiritual form, but I see why now.

I think the term awake gets thrown around a lot by people as something you are compared to what you once were. In terms of the ‘spiritual journey’ it can be likened to a waking up to you more authentically, seeing things as they are, not as you might have previously, due to conditioning, trauma or skewed views of reality from skewed belief systems.

I tend to look at waking up, more as, opening to yourself and life ongoing. I suppose there are markers, whereby you see yourself awake to the person you once were. You’ve had growth through self realisations, that you once couldn’t see and now you do.

Some people refer to waking up, as waking up from the dream, from blinded delusions, ignorance..

In some ways I see it as waking up to the dream, the dream within dreams ckntiniously being created, manifested into reality..

You as the dream, dreamer, dreaming ...
Old 15-03-2022, 03:53 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I think the term awake gets thrown around a lot by people as something you are ...due to conditioning, trauma or skewed views of reality from skewed belief systems.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is what I mean by awaken :)