Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-03-2021, 03:08 PM
Master

Still, much is about the and in the practicing of the meaning of life. Not only in this life but repeated lives (repeated).

Post 5 nice observation. There are many who know the meaning but don't do it. This is from experience and observation.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Still, much is about the and in the practicing of the meaning of life. Not only in this life but repeated lives (repeated).

Post 5 nice observation. There are many who know the meaning but don't do it. This is from experience and observation.

Thanks :) I instantly tried to find a way to find these moments again. Made some progress, but it’s baby steps at first
Old 06-03-2021, 06:23 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii all,

Once it’s said to me that the meaning of life is found by making it. But I think it’s rather found. It has to be this spark that makes things seem worthy. Like it clicks.

I don’t have it. Never really had it. It feels detrimental.

Just wanted to put this out there. Lots of spiritual stuff is focust on all kinds of things. But I miss that spark for myself in what I read.

Much kindness

It is OK to be clueless about your life purpose. People need something in their lives that has meaning. A purpose. For me that has always something I never felt, and now at the age of 54 I still don't. I don't want a purpose because once I have it what then?
Old 06-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRosa
It is OK to be clueless about your life purpose. People need something in their lives that has meaning. A purpose. For me that has always something I never felt, and now at the age of 54 I still don't. I don't want a purpose because once I have it what then?
In my case, once I found out I tried to do something about it, to channel my intentions and efforts that way.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:24 PM
Master

Quote:

Interesting that you believe that. I believe that overwhelmingly people have no idea what is the meaning of life on Earth. If you mean that they believe they know, still I don't think they do even that.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Interesting that you believe that. I believe that overwhelmingly people have no idea what is the meaning of life on Earth. If you mean that they believe they know, still I don't think they do even that.
I believe there is belief in knowing and can be based on experience when saying I believe. I won't go any deeper except to say I am always interested in the reason things are done. For instance I can be very selfish and what I do is based in that selfishness. I won't tell you I do. I don't see how a person can't know themselves. Know thyself. Oh the image then I hold of myself.
Old 07-03-2021, 12:30 AM
Master

Quote:
I believe there is belief in knowing and can be based on experience when saying I believe. I won't go any deeper except to say I am always interested in the reason things are done. For instance I can be very selfish and what I do is based in that selfishness. I won't tell you I do. I don't see how a person can't know themselves. Know thyself. Oh the image then I hold of myself.
I thought that by "meaning of life" you, on the others mean why we all are here on Earth?, what are we supposed to do here?; also specifically why are you "lemex" here on Earth now? what are you "lemex" supposed to do here?

Not sure that your "interested in the reason things are done" intersects with the above questions.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I thought that by "meaning of life" you, on the others mean why we all are here on Earth?, what are we supposed to do here?; also specifically why are you "lemex" here on Earth now? what are you "lemex" supposed to do here?

Not sure that your "interested in the reason things are done" intersects with the above questions.
No, you are correct in your thought of knowing why we are here, and probably something one becomes aware of and more in tune with. My interest in reason is because I have the experience reason clarifies, again know. But we are here to learn, this is part of meaning. I don't know what's in a persons heart only that person does. But reason is truth and is for each person them self to know. I like to use the example of the criminal. Is what they do wrong? In according to the meaning of life. Yet it is done, even if it is known to be wrong (conflict).

Yes it does intersect, that's the point. For instance, ask a person if it is wrong to harm another, and if they are honest would say, yes it is. Yet people do. Ask another they to would say it is wrong. There are things people do that are contrary imo to the meaning for/of life they know and can only be known in conflict. Conflict is an observation. I say just be mindful. But just because I feel conflict I tend to override that. We have all had the experience of telling a lie. Why did we do that? One knows they should and did, but why did they feel they should, there was a reason which was more important over riding meaning. Is not the feeling we should in all things. There is an old saying, one cannot lie to God but we try but I have also found one cannot lie to themselves that is experienced as conflict.

I have said this before and gotten a lot of negativity about it. We are here to learn to love (better). This is put in the simplest way possible. It's really not complicated but for many this isn't enough, not good enough. It is simply about not doing. If one has not one has not found that meaning and so it applies, I don't have that meaning. I can find many substitutes in the meantime though. Such things (events) as money, power, control which we employ. This is for each person to say. Again, this is not in this now where it, meaning, will be found in another now.

Last edited by lemex : 07-03-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
No, you are correct in your thought of knowing why we are here, and probably something one becomes aware of and more in tune with. My interest in reason is because I have the experience reason clarifies, again know. But we are here to learn, this is part of meaning. I don't know what's in a persons heart only that person does. But reason is truth and is for each person them self to know. I like to use the example of the criminal. Is what they do wrong? In according to the meaning of life. Yet it is done, even if it is known to be wrong (conflict).

Yes it does intersect, that's the point. For instance, ask a person if it is wrong to harm another, and if they are honest would say, yes it is. Yet people do. Ask another they to would say it is wrong. There are things people do that are contrary imo to the meaning for/of life they know and can only be known in conflict. Conflict is an observation. I say just be mindful. But just because I feel conflict I tend to override that. We have all had the experience of telling a lie. Why did we do that? One knows they should and did, but why did they feel they should, there was a reason which was more important over riding meaning. Is not the feeling we should in all things. There is an old saying, one cannot lie to God but we try but I have also found one cannot lie to themselves that is experienced as conflict.

I have said this before and gotten a lot of negativity about it. We are here to learn to love (better). This is put in the simplest way possible. It's really not complicated but for many this isn't enough, not good enough. It is simply about not doing. If one has not one has not found that meaning and so it applies, I don't have that meaning. I can find many substitutes in the meantime though. Such things (events) as money, power, control which we employ. This is for each person to say. Again, this is not in this now where it, meaning, will be found in another now.
Thanks for your reply. I think I understand what you mean, and I don't fully agree. But that's fine.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:40 PM
Guide
Quote:

I feel you are using reason = truth but that's not necessarily true is it? The truth is people act randomly/emotionally and not always rationally.

Also you are bringing morals into the mix with the meaning of life. Again, not necessarily a direct/failsafe connection. The meaning of life is mysterious and complex. It could be argued that there is an objective meaning/reason for us being here i.e. either collectively and/or individually which we may or may not grasp but that we can find a subjective meaning to our lives too!

Meaning entails significance, value and purpose. I am not sure that there is any one meaning throughout our whole life. There have been times when, looking back at a particular period of my life, I could see the purpose i.e. being in someone's life to help/save them.