Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
So now you know the Ego is the devil

hehe .. butt, it's the same ego that portrays all as sweetness and light and fluffy bunnies ..

What makes the the ego satan's work?

x daz x
Old 30-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hehe! That is a classic reaction for all who have gotten rather fed up with the perpetual ego bashing, ego banishing, and ego killing going on in the spirituality world.

But hey! When in Rome.

In one sense the ego is the devil. People do terrible or "evil" things, in the world and often that behavior has roots in the mind and how it sees the world, the ego, and the need to survive and thrive. Unfortunately, rather then question how they see the world and that ego and the relationship between them, they instead just blame the devil for the evil in the world.

<b>
"I watched a bit of a documentary about a family in America who are totally convinced about other's that sin against God .."
</b>

Hmmm..... Must be the Joneses or the Smiths. Yeah, they live on my block. I see them come by walking their dog once and a while, with their flack jackets on and AR-15's strapped to their chests. You know, incase they spot any anti-American evil doers and need to protect themselves and their freedoms. Don't know about where you live, but here in the US Satan could pop up just about anywhere, and you gots to be prepared to deal with him.

Yep, I agree, but then there's the flip side as just pointed out to sky ..

If the ego is satan's work then it's also Gods work so to speak ..

If it's portrayed solely as satan's, then it makes no sense ..

Not sure who the documentary was based on, I only watched 5 mins or so, I just saw teenage girls with placards screaming at people walking by ...

You don't see many genuine guru types, screaming at other's who perhaps express their sexuality differently

I mean, who is this God that is homophobic?

Does this God tell them to scream at other's for loving another?

x daz x
Old 30-01-2021, 07:57 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Yep, I agree, but then there's the flip side as just pointed out to sky ..

If the ego is satan's work then it's also Gods work so to speak ..

If it's portrayed solely as satan's, then it makes no sense ..

Not sure who the documentary was based on, I only watched 5 mins or so, I just saw teenage girls with placards screaming at people walking by ...

You don't see many genuine guru types, screaming at other's who perhaps express their sexuality differently

I mean, who is this God that is homophobic?

Does this God tell them to scream at other's for loving another?

x daz x

Could be any number of groups, but the screaming brings to mind the Westboro Baptist Church. "Yes Dorthey, this is in Kansas." They are in the news quite a bit. I just did a google to check the spelling and what came up strengthened my suspicions. But to be fair I don't know who it was, just that they are famous for their homophobic hatred. One wonders if such a church could see beyond the ego at all?

Old 30-01-2021, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
hehe .. butt, it's the same ego that portrays all as sweetness and light and fluffy bunnies ..

What makes the the ego satan's work?

x daz x

What makes the ego Satan's work is the question I asked I'm waiting patiently for an answer and if they tell me then I can tell you, I don't mind sharing
Old 30-01-2021, 09:54 PM
Master

Quote:
What makes the ego Satan's work is the question I asked I'm waiting patiently for an answer and if they tell me then I can tell you, I don't mind sharing
The question you ask!
Maybe the answer to the question that you ask of others, you do not truely want to know.
Because i have answered it, on numerous occasions. And my answer is based on phenomenal spiritual experiences, experiences that you have not yet experienced yourself.
and then after hearing my answer, you then proceed to tell me that I have a wild imagination.

Your Buddhist beliefs, will always have you living in spiritual poverty, & always searching...Though i assume that you will deny that aswell.
Old 30-01-2021, 10:36 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Some seem to think Ego is evil and refer it to Satan, why, how ?

Ego is just a word we use to describe ourselves. No.

My ego is just where I might say I store my personal attributes and morals.

I like my ego as it is just me.

Some of the knowledge came from evil/Satan, but some also came from good/god.

I have not really seen anything written associating our egos with Satan.

I would associate mine more with good than evil.

I can see where an inflated ego might be from Satan, but I do not see most people as egotistic.

Regards
DL
Old 31-01-2021, 07:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
The question you ask!
Maybe the answer to the question that you ask of others, you do not truely want to know.
Because i have answered it, on numerous occasions. And my answer is based on phenomenal spiritual experiences, experiences that you have not yet experienced yourself.
and then after hearing my answer, you then proceed to tell me that I have a wild imagination.

Your Buddhist beliefs, will always have you living in spiritual poverty, & always searching...Though i assume that you will deny that aswell.

I personally do not believe the ' Ego ' is satan nor evil but when another person on here said it was I was curious as to how they come to this conclusion which they haven't yet explained.

As for my Buddhist beliefs they suit me well, thank you
Old 31-01-2021, 08:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I personally do not believe the ' Ego ' is satan nor evil

Have you experienced the dark side and or adversity?

I think not.

Hence your limited reasoning of experience.
Old 31-01-2021, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Pnut
Have you experienced the dark side and or adversity?

I think not.

Hence your limited reasoning of experience.

What others think is irrelevant to me
Old 31-01-2021, 10:21 AM
Elfin

The "devil".... Is what each individual "perceives " it to be.... We all have our own beliefs .....