Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 21-03-2011, 08:12 AM
SunMist

One more empath aside...I find a nifty web page with a link to some great books, two I've not read yet, on clairempathy http://psychicbloggers.com/archives/957
Old 21-03-2011, 03:50 PM
münchen444

SunMist,

I see what she means by issues with empathy, now. Thank you for explaining. I’ve had that, too, while investigating crime scenes. Particularly with rapes, suicides, and/or certain homicide victims (homicides via asphyxiation seem to be one of the worst for mediums to “re-experience,“ over all). Airplane crash sites, however, are the worst for me.

Clairempathy is a more specific term, yes, for psychic empathy. I was happy to have found it, myself, when I did. I’ll often still use the more widely-known term “empathy” for my everyday, garden-variety empathy or when I'm around people who aren't much into spiritual topics. But it is nice to have an easy-to-use term to use to describe the more specific nature of psychic empathy in places where one knows it would be understood and accepted.
Old 25-03-2011, 12:46 PM
stephen_gateshead

I a, 90% sure i am or have the mediumship abilities and have been told i have "the gift" buy other mediums and tarot card readers but i am looking for an outsiders point of view.
this is a little insight to what has been going on with me, if anyone can elaborate on this and give me their view i would be most grateful.
why i am getting in touch with you is this.... I have always been interested in the spirit and the paranormal, when i was younger i was getting these, what i call night terrors and still continue to do so on the odd occasion but didnt realise that in the past, people have linked them to the spirit and the paranormal....
as i got older, i came to find out that my uncle was getting messages from the spirit for people in the living world, which made me think, "was this my link to where i am now"?
i took up tarot reading when i was 23 and am still learning them now and have had only one reading by a spiritualist. on this day that the spiritualist came to my house, i was very anxious and worried what i might find out..... it was all good. This spiritualist told me that i have a psychic connection and ever since then i have been recieving messages from the spirit for people i have been doing tarot readings for and people i know. their has been 4 different spirits which have used me as a channel to their nearest and dearest, one in paricular is a 6 year old girl named jaqueline who is my partners grand-parents little girl who unfortunately passed over before birth. the spirtualist i mentioned before, told me that she latches on to me because she knows i can hear her, she also likes my, sometimes childish (in a good way) behaviour. I also see alot of shadow people and beings, one which i had a bad experience with about 1 week ago but i choose not to talk or think about it..... prior to all of the above happening, i got a message for one of my friends while he was with me, i couldn't control my self in just totally changing the subject, out of the blue, to tell him this meesage from a passed relative. i didnt realise that it was a message from spirit at that time because i didnt know a thing about the spirit or the paranormal.
the reason i have getting in contact, is to see if any of my experiences are a positive sign of mediumship and psychic abilities?
Look forward to hear back from you folk
Old 29-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Merlin6

Your abilities sound about par for the course to me Stephen, as far as mediumship and psychic abilities are concerned.

My wife used to use the cards until she worked out she was reading people and getting messages without them. Some clients need to see the cards though, as it reinforces their belief of what they are getting, but in the final analysis you don't need them.

Obviously you have to use discression with what you give out, but for the most part just give what you get.

The more you use it the better you become at it.

Regards
Merlin6
Old 11-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Sunshinelady

with patience and dedication, we can learn to reawaken and strengthen our mediumistic abilities.
Old 14-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Experiencer
We are all spiritual beings, so of course we are all able to communicate with spirit. But the physical environment around us is not conductive to our spiritual abilities, and most people root themselves so firmly in their physical existence that they lose connection with that aspect of themselves.

I am a good example of someone who had no spiritual or psychic experiences for most of their life, but developed them later by choice.
So far as I am concerned mediumship is a skill that can be learned to whatever extent you are comfortable with it; I learned to communicate with spirits because my first experiences with them awakened such great passion in me. There are incredible things to be said for a life lived close to spirit, but it must be observed that there are severe downsides to it too. Genuine mediumistic ability comes with a warning label attached! Most people around you will not understand you or the way you see the world (some to the extent that they think you are crazy, a liar, or both) and as your understanding of and connection with the spirit world grows, it becomes more and more difficult to identify with many aspects of our physical world. And once you've developed it you can't really turn it off! I am always aware that my guides and other spirits are with me and I find that pleasant and cheerfully chat with them, but I think many people would find such a lack of privacy disturbing.

I would echo the advice that if you feel afraid when you think of connecting with spirits, you are not ready to do it. Work on that fear first, because - at least in my opinion - only when you can do spirit work in a relaxed state are you ready for spirit work. Most people who think they are interested in mediumship find that what they really want is to dabble in it; they might reach a certain point and then either consciously or subconsciously put the brakes on because they reach a point at which they are no longer comfortable going further, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It takes a certain kind of person to be comfortable leading a life in communciation with spirits, just as it takes a certain kind of person to have the daredevil attitude to bungee jump as a hobby or to have the commitment to be a concert pianist.

Good luck in whatever you choose.