Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-02-2019, 06:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
is it me or does it seem like so many are just giving up and leaving all their spiritual development behind. it's like there's a phrase going on lately. if you use youtube you will see there's endless amount of new age people and your average spiritualist people leaving testimonies. i just cant understand it as all that work, all that research and spiritual development they done over the years yeah, it's like they all closed down over time and any spirits have stepped back.
do you think it's due to it being hard to exsist when your spiritual and people just had enough of trying and sort of wanted a comfort zone to feel better?
i think that doreen virtue testimony really upset alot of lightworkers and it's like people felt they had to get rid of all those angel cards.
i feel awful at the moment like the balance isn't right.
im on a journey to discovering the bigger picture but this has made me think has it all started to die down now or will it pick up again. care to share your views at here, thanks.

I guess maybe a lot give up when they realize how much work is involved. Also, I think it would be very hard to follow the spiritual path If someone has lots of nice distractions like a good job, happy healthy relationship, money etc.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:
is it me or does it seem like so many are just giving up and leaving all their spiritual development behind. it's like there's a phrase going on lately. if you use youtube you will see there's endless amount of new age people and your average spiritualist people leaving testimonies. i just cant understand it as all that work, all that research and spiritual development they done over the years yeah, it's like they all closed down over time and any spirits have stepped back.
do you think it's due to it being hard to exsist when your spiritual and people just had enough of trying and sort of wanted a comfort zone to feel better?
i think that doreen virtue testimony really upset alot of lightworkers and it's like people felt they had to get rid of all those angel cards.
i feel awful at the moment like the balance isn't right.
im on a journey to discovering the bigger picture but this has made me think has it all started to die down now or will it pick up again. care to share your views at here, thanks.
a lot people choose a spiritual path because that's what's trending in there social group without really knowing why, or understanding it. All they know is what others say "this is what spiritually is" the spiritual path is much more individualized than that. It's not a one size fits all thing. Like any trend it comes and goes. But when you find "your size" it's no longer a trend, it becomes a part of you.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Master
I know of a few friends that sat in the same healing and development circles as I that just simply gave up after 10 or so years.

I think if the spiritual hook hasn't embedded itself by then, then perhaps in this lifetime it never will.

For myself it's running through my veins and it is an integral aspect of myself.

I think for some it's hard work and many want to see the fruits of the labours before the fruit is ripe, therefore they are not going to like what they taste. I also think that being impatient and not being disciplined or completely sincere for why they are developing will never contain the right ingredients that are needed to ripen the fruit in such a way where the taste would keep you absorbed within it.

Who in their right mind would ignore and give up the taste of chocolate

x daz x
Old 13-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Lorelyen

Unfortunately too many turn to "spirituality" for the wrong reasons, They want quick easy answers to what they reckon are their problems. They're vulnerable, sometimes naive - meanwhile "out there" on the web is a mass of fakery, snake oil and it's too easy to fall for soft seductive words and get entangled in "solutions" that aren't really appropriate. Many haven't even analysed their problems at all well so they're at a disadvantage for a start.

When after a few months the thing doesn't work they give up or go for something else. Becoming spiritual (which I'd call spiritually inspired) - finding oneself, understanding ones relationship with everything is hard work. It takes persistence and determination to be honest with oneself, meet delusion in the face and discard it.

I read many posts here and encounter "I can't" far too often. Fact is, many of the problems I read here won't be resolved by a quick bit of spirituality, a book by someone promising miracles and so on. When it comes to chronic depression it could be something plainly physical, a serotonin deficiency or something. When it comes to failing relationships, get honest, be enterprising and face facts: it doesn't work.

So the net effect is they give up. They haven't even scratched the surface of finding a path to self-develop along.

It's sad but how it is.... Thankfully, one in every-so-many do derive something from their lucubrations and do start to spiritualise their lives.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Unfortunately too many turn to "spirituality" for the wrong reasons, They want quick easy answers to what they reckon are their problems. They're vulnerable, sometimes naive - meanwhile "out there" on the web is a mass of fakery, snake oil and it's too easy to fall for soft seductive words and get entangled in "solutions" that aren't really appropriate. Many haven't even analysed their problems at all well so they're at a disadvantage for a start.

When after a few months the thing doesn't work they give up or go for something else. Becoming spiritual (which I'd call spiritually inspired) - finding oneself, understanding ones relationship with everything is hard work. It takes persistence and determination to be honest with oneself, meet delusion in the face and discard it.

I read many posts here and encounter "I can't" far too often. Fact is, many of the problems I read here won't be resolved by a quick bit of spirituality, a book by someone promising miracles and so on. When it comes to chronic depression it could be something plainly physical, a serotonin deficiency or something. When it comes to failing relationships, get honest, be enterprising and face facts: it doesn't work.

So the net effect is they give up. They haven't even scratched the surface of finding a path to self-develop along.

It's sad but how it is.... Thankfully, one in every-so-many do derive something from their lucubrations and do start to spiritualise their lives.

I agree with your thoughts and have echoed them in my post. I listened to a L.O.A. youtube thingy the other day and there was the suggestion that you have the free will to change your life in each moment and to create everything that you want to create 'now'.

The more I shook my head in disagreement and counter questioned the medium on the t.v. screen it became more apparent further down the line that you can only change your life by such means if it is within your capability to do so lol and if it is inline with what has been created so to speak prior to incarnation.

So here we have some spiritual get out of jail free card being presented for peeps to use in order to create a better life for themselves when it is never going to work unless it is within their blueprint and within their capability. In a way it's a way of giving people hope and there is nothing wrong with that, but on the flip side the hope when dissolved can bring about a feeling that is worse that prior to having hope.

This L.O.A. practice I would say is one aspect of spirituality that peeps give up on after trying and trying to create something for themselves that has a high percentage of never happening.

For some, things happen as they intend or as they wish for, but it doesn't necessarily reflect the law of attraction, it just reflects many other self aspects at play.

A quick bit of spirituality as you put it I agree won't cut the mustard in many cases, it really depends on the issues and for trivial issues one normally wouldn't look for a spirituality fix.

When LO.A. doesn't work, it can then be said that your not doing it right, or to lower one's expectations hehe.

Or the universe will give you what you need rather than what you want ..

x dazzler x
Old 13-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Master
Just wanted to say, good post god-like, and lorelyn. I am reading and thinking about it.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Master

Speaking from experience here, true spirituality is hard. Very hard. It takes a lot of sacrifice. You have to be ready to give up everything and I do mean everything. There are no shortcuts either, despite what many claim. It takes decades (and not years or months) of work, meditation and study to get anywhere on the spiritual path.

Personally, when I went through my spiritual awakening, I had to give up most of my friends, my job, my life, my apartment and eventually even the country I was living in. When people talk about a spiritual rebirth, that's really what they mean. You are like a newborn baby, helpless and having to start a new life all over again. Frankly, most people aren't ready to do that.

A spiritual awakening (particularly if Kundalini is activated) is also a risky proposition. Not everyone makes it. Some end up dead or insane. Personally I got away by the skin of my teeth and only because I had a higher power helping me. The Love and Light brigade as well as the army of fraudsters who tell people what they want to hear, does not prepare you for the reality of the situation and what sacrifices have to be made and risks taken. This is no joke and I'm not surprised most people turn back at the first sign of trouble.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Knower
thanks for that, it was interesting. i like where a few say about balance both within and earthly, i think i needed to hear that yeah. sometimes i can research or watch hours of videos and it's like you do need a break at times to recover and re-charge, so you do need balance so you dont lose the plot lol it's like for me i have alot of earthly goals i would like to achieve this year and that helps to keep me motivated and keep the mind and body active while on the side keep exploring for the bigger picture. form what ive read over time i can safely say what you learn in school and history is a lie and there's more to it, that's my drive there yeah.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
thanks for that, it was interesting. i like where a few say about balance both within and earthly, i think i needed to hear that yeah. sometimes i can research or watch hours of videos and it's like you do need a break at times to recover and re-charge, so you do need balance so you dont lose the plot lol it's like for me i have alot of earthly goals i would like to achieve this year and that helps to keep me motivated and keep the mind and body active while on the side keep exploring for the bigger picture. form what ive read over time i can safely say what you learn in school and history is a lie and there's more to it, that's my drive there yeah.
a show I like to watch starts out nothing spiritual but if often ends with people "awaking". It's a outdoors survival type of show. It's called "alone". I would recommend it to anyone who like nature. I feel if you really want to explore, you have to get out there and live. Buy watching videos you can't feel it, smell it, and taste it. Even in a busy City you can find things to explore. You just have to look
Old 13-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Speaking from experience here, true spirituality is hard. Very hard. It takes a lot of sacrifice. You have to be ready to give up everything and I do mean everything. There are no shortcuts either, despite what many claim. It takes decades (and not years or months) of work, meditation and study to get anywhere on the spiritual path.

Personally, when I went through my spiritual awakening, I had to give up most of my friends, my job, my life, my apartment and eventually even the country I was living in. When people talk about a spiritual rebirth, that's really what they mean. You are like a newborn baby, helpless and having to start a new life all over again. Frankly, most people aren't ready to do that.

A spiritual awakening (particularly if Kundalini is activated) is also a risky proposition. Not everyone makes it. Some end up dead or insane. Personally I got away by the skin of my teeth and only because I had a higher power helping me. The Love and Light brigade as well as the army of fraudsters who tell people what they want to hear, does not prepare you for the reality of the situation and what sacrifices have to be made and risks taken. This is no joke and I'm not surprised most people turn back at the first sign of trouble.

I agree with pretty much all of that. I would say for many it is a hard and difficult path.

Without sacrifice or suffering there would not be the contrast to the alluring peace or the love of what you are that is eventually realized.

I often wondered this back in the day if my life would of been all rosy in the garden would I ever spent the same amount of time in isolation and putting in the same amount of effort into finding myself so to speak.

I would say absolutely not, why would anyone look for an inner self or a higher self (said loosely) if they were happy in life as they are where there was an abundance of wealth and joy currently at their door step.

Of course some renounce their comforts like francis of assisi did for something greater than such comforts is calling them inwards, but perhaps it;s much harder to do in the same way for people that are lovingly tied to their families / partners / children. This is where one's blueprint plays it's part in what transpires when awakened I would say.

When I awakened many moons ago I wanted to go and save the world and heal the sick in africa lol, that was my heart speaking and not my head, at the time it wouldn't of been a good idea thinking back to do that .lol.

Time always tells as the saying goes.

(thanks for your comment hallow)

x daz x