Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 15-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
My question for those here is this...Do most know if they truly love the soul of the other regardless of the packaging?

Yes absolutely, there is no way I would be in it this long and deep just for looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Would you still desire to give and receive authentic love and simple kindness and friendship if you and your closest soul connection were both gents? Both women? One gay and one straight? Brothers? Sisters? Brother & sister? On a par but with no romantic prospects, just pure love and friendship? What about all this and also separated by generations (vast age gap), or by vast distances?

Yes I feel had we not been in bodies that shared a physical attraction, we would still have a connection, and I know this bc I know my tf could be my best friend. I think that with the circumstances being what they are, it just brought us closer, faster, and made us pay more attention to each other. Whereas, had we both been men, for example, had we gotten to know each other, we would feel the same affinity but maybe without the sexual attraction (or maybe with who knows lol). I can't see us interacting and not having a friendship and liking of each other.

I so agree though, sc can be such a pain! And most of my soul family is platonic friendships. Even if there is some attraction, it's not a driving force between us. But they are all a pain in one way or another and all here to teach me something, and visa vs.

Kids, can we talk about kids here? Are they a sc? They can be or not, but they are def a learning experience. Honestly though, being a parent is something I was never really cut out for, but I'm doing the best I can with it.

Appearances can be so deceiving... my twin would be in the privileged category and yet he told me, he is miserable. And I don't say that bc it makes me happy, that is what he told me and that he spends 1000's on stuff, trying to make himself happy and he is still miserable. Anyway, that's what he told me a long time ago, hopefully he is growing now and having a spiritual awakening and I think and know he is.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 15-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
"Do most love their soul family members regardless of the packaging?"

The ones I have truly recognised as Soul Family members in this life are the ones which are closest to my Heart and have brought me assistance and a lot of joy.
Maybe I am blinded to those who might also be, but who have been challenging characters in my life. But it doesn't matter. I don't wish those any ill-will. Everything brought me to the place I am now. Right here.
Old 16-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah... me too. It feels so awful to be so impaired in the face of her plenty. If I could just forget her that would be SOMETHING but I can't even do THAT.
I tried so hard to move on, to not move on and stay, it seems nothing work but i want to try again. I'm also thinking: what if TF/SC seem really happy but in reality they are trapped in some relationship or anything that is not really satisfatory without they knew it? Some months ago i dreamt of TF being trapped (i saw a jail symbol) by that someone he is with, probably my premonition was right? Usually signs and premontions of a SC/TF appear also in dreams and probably that confirmed what happened lately.
Most TF/SC that seem happy probably they are living a lie?Who knows.
Old 16-06-2017, 01:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
no one can trap you. your thoughts can trap you. example you think you need to stay with this person to help them in life. its not the person that traps them but their thoughts around the person that trap them. we all have free will and free choice.
I never thought about this, it's interesting how both or one of TF/SC during separation do this for some reasons (for example i have to settle or stay in a relationship for kids or economical stability instead of true love).
Thank you for this insight, it's interesting how our minds trap us into some situations even if we didn't really want.
Old 16-06-2017, 04:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
"Do most love their soul family members regardless of the packaging?"

Sure. Absolutely. If we are discussing people close and dear to our soul groups, although, I do have my limitations/boundaries on how far I extend myself soul group person or not..

I feel the love you speak of in your original message 7, can be a difficult mind set to achieve or comprehend if one hasn't done the self development or inner work to get to this kind of awareness. For myself, It has been a very extensive journey, much of my awareness or self realization transpired along with a very tumultuous awakening. One where I gradually worked ( and am still working) on stripping and pealing years of social conditioning and false sense of perceptions and self identities. I hate to throw a cliche quote, but I really do love this quote — 'You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.' -Rumi. My journey didn't come without pain or heartache however, how triumphing it is to get to a place where you can open your heart center to love and appreciate someone whole heartily without expectations or a limited mind set. Yes, this is very much possible/achievable .
Old 16-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
It's for this there is a big imbalance into TF/SC connection where the other seems more "lucky" and privileged... Usually signs and premontions of a SC/TF appear also in dreams and probably that confirmed what happened lately... Most TF/SC that seem happy probably they are living a lie?
Soul mates are nothing like twin flames. Re-read the first several posts: soul mate relationships are meaningful, happy connections with family and friends (soul family); soul mate relationships can involve several people in one's life and very often have nothing to do with partnership and romance; and soul mate relationships have nothing to do as well with needing something from the other... no need, no want, no expectation, no guarantee of anything.

Completely different from twin flame couples making their one, singular, twin flame partner the epicenter of their existence... everything they dream and desire and want and need and must have. And they need and expect their twin flame partner to feel the exact same way towards them as well. Which btw is why soul mate relationships are naturally easy and relaxed and happy, and why most twin flame threads in this forum are about unhappiness, confusion and misery. Soul mate relationships have none of that twin flame expectation baggage. It's the unfulfilled expectation that causes all that twin flame unhappiness.
Old 16-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Yes, and this is maybe the clearest explanation of the difference between soul mates, versus friends (and marriage partners in many cases lol). Soul mates from my experience are about wanting and needing nothing at all from the other, other than supportive soul-friendship. No need, no want, no expectation, no guarantee of anything like you said. Because ultimately it's still an individual path, even when one is with a soul mate.

Yes can agree here. However, I like to take this a step further actively in my everyday life and experience. I actively try to approach everyone in this manner. While younger and I can clearly see this now I had a lot of personal attachments in regards to other people. Now a days the love I feel for others, family, friends, even certain strangers has taken a form of an all encompassing love and mutual respect. Respecting others and their rights simply because like myself, my circle of friends, my family they are human beings.

I try lately to take more of a soul connection love with me wherever I go. A love that does not impose, a love that respects others simply as they currently are, a love that is as non-possesive as possible, a mutual respect for my fellow man. I actively try to live that love daily when I go about with family, with friends and with strangers and of course animals and other natural living creatures.

I hold the door open when I go into a store and see others wishing to enter or even if they are half way down the parking lot I will stand against the door and hold it open for these people. They are not only elderly individuals. I do it for women alone, women with their children, little children, the elderly, and of course men. I lovingly and knowingly do this for everyone. Often enough I am told thank you. And I do not remotely care if I am not. I do it anyway in a heartbeat.

With family, I would do anything for them, unless it obviously is against my own conscience to do so, but then why would they or anyone else ask that of me?

Essentially what I am saying is whether anyone is considered a potential soul connection or not by us and with whatever way we use to determine such things, I try and take respect for others, kindness and a love that emphasizes the spiritual with me wherever I go.

For no other reason then to humbly and actively, and willingly serve my fellow man, and the spirit within them whenever remotely possible.

What does this do for me? Absolutely nothing. This is what I mean when I post here and state of loving love itself. I love because I have been giving a gift called life, and I aim to share joy with others, so that they may begin to realize their own very existence is indeed a gift.

So do I love my soul family regardless of their packaging? Of course I do!

The packaging is many times over, the least thing from my mind.
Old 16-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I actively try to approach everyone in this manner. While younger and I can clearly see this now I had a lot of personal attachments in regards to other people. Now a days the love I feel for others, family, friends, even certain strangers has taken a form of an all encompassing love and mutual respect. Respecting others and their rights simply because like myself, my circle of friends, my family they are human beings.

I try lately to take more of a soul connection love with me wherever I go. A love that does not impose, a love that respects others simply as they currently are, a love that is as non-possesive as possible, a mutual respect for my fellow man. I actively try to live that love daily when I go about with family, with friends and with strangers and of course animals and other natural living creatures.
This sounds like my life, right down to the holding doors and making sure people coming in from the parking lot get into the store happily and comfortably. Walmart should hire me as a greeter. The difference for me: I enjoy being a source of friendly ease for strangers. But I don't love strangers unconditionally as I do soul-friend connections. I treat strangers the way I do as a friendly courtesy, understanding that we are a human collective. I do it because I feel it's the respectful way we should naturally treat each other. And I enjoy it, I don't do it out of a sense of responsibility. But for me, it has nothing to do with love. I know when I truly love someone with all my heart, and treating strangers with conscious consideration and respect is an entirely different feeling and experience.

EDIT: Just found this: "Cherish what is good and loving, honor that which is life affirming. Every heart that turns toward love and peace blesses the world and brings harmony." ~Babaji. That is why I go out of my way to be a source of friendly joy to strangers. It's not because I love them as I do a soul-friend. I do it as a life-affirming exercise and to create harmony in the world.

Last edited by Baile : 16-06-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 16-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Ascender

Baile and SP, this is exactly the type of attitude going through a tf experience brings you back to, it's not just about loving your tf unconditionally, it's about loving EVERYONE unconditionally. If someone claims to be a tf but doesn't do that, then they either aren't there yet or they'll not really in a tf experience.

I always have had respect and showed respect to everyone, that is how I was raised. But after working in retail for years, I hated my life and I hated the human race, I was also in an abusive relationship before meeting him, that left me completely closed off and not interested in getting to know people, even as friends. That is the state I was in when I met my tf, and finding him changed everything. I learned to not just respect everyone bc they are humans, but to love everyone unconditionally and accept them wherever they are on their journey. (Note I said accept that's where they are but not put up with abuse. Sometimes you have to love and accept people but still create distance). I now can understand when people act certain ways, the why and how of it, and that makes it much easier to accept. I also understand personal vibration and why some people just aren't there yet, but I love them anyway.

Another question I have, do we consider our soul family soulmates or some other type of SC? Because my soul family, and even the platonic ones, are not always smooth sailing.
I believe there are different types of soulmates as well, there are those that we have a continuous relationship with and there are those that come into our life shortly and quickly but make a big impact. I've met both, although with some soulmates that came and went quick, I think I have more interaction with somewhere else, like another plane, dimension or lifetime bc there's too much of a connection to be simply the short interaction that we had.
Old 16-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Baile and SP, this is exactly the type of attitude going through a tf experience brings you back to, it's not just about loving your tf unconditionally, it's about loving EVERYONE unconditionally.
Good point. Any healthy relationship does that, yes. Soul mate or twin flame. One difference though... soul mate relationships are not about one person. They are not about "the other half of my soul" in the way twin flame relationships are. That's the big difference. Soul mate relationships are about soul families supporting each other as individuals, and very often have nothing to do with sharing intimate energy. Twin flame relationships appear to be about intimate togetherness with one person only; finding one's life-partner and other half.