Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 07-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
The Roman Emperors tortured the early Christians (they called themselves "Followers of the Way" until they abandoned Jesus' true teaching about the God Within and instead confessed total obedience to the Emperor.

I do think humanity's exaggerated fear of authorites was implanted in Humanity here. The Catholic Church has followed the tradition very welll.

When power elites take control of spirituality, the inner truth is always attacked, and we are forced to listen to outer authorities. Materialistic science does exactly the same thing.

In China, even the peaceful meditators who harm nobody, are persecuted by the materialistic regime. They do the same thing as the Catolic Inquisition

Power elites want to be gods themselves, on Earth. They feed on other people's fear. Reincarnation is something that would make you go WITHIN, to get at those memories, maybe lose the fear of the outer elite. Therefore they persecute you. You are a threat to them. The goal of this elite is to disprove the true God and rule with terror.
yes indeed, and the only way to hear the True Word of God, is to go within and hear it for one's self...the way to be spiritually instructed by this Word is the same, within...Rumi knows this...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 PM
nalan

Then my inner truth that I hear is that BOTH exist. Jesus is Christ and Lord, and I believe in his teachings. Sent from the Master for the same reason all the other masters were sent.

I do not need outside affirmation of my own beliefs. I can believe in Jesus and in reincarnation.

Quote:
I just wanted to make sure that you were considering all the angles to what you were saying and that you did not do something that you would later regret and end up saying, they told me so -- and it would be too late to do anything about it.

Since I asked you politely to please keep this thread on topic and you chose not to, then here goes.

Fear as motivator will NEVER, EVER make me believe what I know in my heart of hearts to be not my own truth. PERIOD. I am glad that the Inquisitors were brought up in this discussion, and I thank Perry J for doing so. Angelbreeze, resorting to threats never works, even when the flesh is weak.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Master
there is no such thing as "too late to do anything about it" just as there is no such thing as eternal damnation, Sheol or Hell, is a very temporary thing, not even remotely eternal...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 08-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Zeliar791

Quote:
The Roman Emperors tortured the early Christians (they called themselves "Followers of the Way" until they abandoned Jesus' true teaching about the God Within and instead confessed total obedience to the Emperor.

I do think humanity's exaggerated fear of authorites was implanted in Humanity here. The Catholic Church has followed the tradition very welll.

When power elites take control of spirituality, the inner truth is always attacked, and we are forced to listen to outer authorities. Materialistic science does exactly the same thing.

In China, even the peaceful meditators who harm nobody, are persecuted by the materialistic regime. They do the same thing as the Catolic Inquisition

Power elites want to be gods themselves, on Earth. They feed on other people's fear. Reincarnation is something that would make you go WITHIN, to get at those memories, maybe lose the fear of the outer elite. Therefore they persecute you. You are a threat to them. The goal of this elite is to disprove the true God and rule with terror.

Duality... The philosophy of decadence. The whole world seems to adhere to it. I am quite fed up with it. People sell their souls to material possessions out of fear, and forget what is truly important about life. The smaller pleasures in life can be enjoyed once everything is brought back to its proper order. It doesn't seem like people can stop and think for a little bit, instead once they go forward they never seem to stop. Its like this entire world is afflicted with bipolar disorder.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
nalan

Quote:
Its like this entire world is afflicted with bipolar disorder.

And god help you if you threaten the duality of the people who would rather be told what to believe than go within.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Experiencer

I almost thought I was too sinister in my tone here, but you're apparently tougher than so...

When I'm confronted with Mainstream Christianity, this comes up. Religion and spirituality is not the same. Spirituality is the true inner teachings. But this is scary stuff to the Fallen Angels...

Jesus has been put on a pedestal, out of reach for common people. It's considered blasphemy to follow in hos footsteps. Why? His disciples (picked from the common people) followed him. THEY performed miracles, too!
Jesus was NOT the only son of God. Of course we are all sons and daughters of God!
The Christ Consciousness is the Only Son of God! This is confused with the person Jesus.

It's so strange, NOBODY listens to what Jesus actually said. He used parables to make people think for themselves, yet, he is interpreted literally...
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalan
And god help you if you threaten the duality of the people who would rather be told what to believe than go within.

It is a good way to end up a pincushion.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeliar791
Duality... The philosophy of decadence. The whole world seems to adhere to it. I am quite fed up with it. People sell their souls to material possessions out of fear, and forget what is truly important about life. The smaller pleasures in life can be enjoyed once everything is brought back to its proper order. It doesn't seem like people can stop and think for a little bit, instead once they go forward they never seem to stop. Its like this entire world is afflicted with bipolar disorder.

Duality, yes it is.
It's all about identity. The Fall of Man is the fall from the Absolute down to the duality consciousness. We became separated from our source, and separated from each other. We lost our true sense of identity, and must forever try to find it again, by identifying in all kind of loose stuff, such as our bodies, our work...

The duality consciousness wants the Absolute back, but perverts it, it makes rigid structures (the Catholic Church is he greatest structure in the western world, and the most rigid). It places the Absolute outside of us, calls it "God", or "Scientific Truth", or "Objective Reality" - and makes this to something esotheric, out of reach for the masses...

Because the ego - which is the duality identity - wants to be better than others.
See the Beam in your own Eye? What does it mean? If you can see your own ego, just one honest look at it, it will perish.
That's why the ego hates to go within.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
I almost thought I was too sinister in my tone here, but you're apparently tougher than so...

When I'm confronted with Mainstream Christianity, this comes up. Religion and spirituality is not the same. Spirituality is the true inner teachings. But this is scary stuff to the Fallen Angels...

Jesus has been put on a pedestal, out of reach for common people. It's considered blasphemy to follow in hos footsteps. Why? His disciples (picked from the common people) followed him. THEY performed miracles, too!
Jesus was NOT the only son of God. Of course we are all sons and daughters of God!
The Christ Consciousness is the Only Son of God! This is confused with the person Jesus.

It's so strange, NOBODY listens to what Jesus actually said. He used parables to make people think for themselves, yet, he is interpreted literally...

The best way to learn is to learn from example. Books are nothing more then tools. There is no meaning to the surface of things, it is up to us to interpret things as we will.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM
nalan

Quote:

Is that good or bad? (for me) I t hink it's a compliment.

Quote:

Perry J, that makes so much sense. Religion and spirituality are not the same at all. Maybe that is the answer I have been looking for?

EDIT: Did the apostles perform miracles? I can't think of one...but I could be wrong.

No one seems to remember that fact about the apostles.

Quote:

Until now, I have always thought that is why Jesus spoke in parables. He wanted people to think for themselves, to discover their own truths.